• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas AT Guide

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KuT8dKJE80

I made a little guide today on how to do Lucas's ATs. I don't know if if contains all of them, but I did include a good amount. I think that I might've named them wrong. :(

Other than that, it explains how to do them, and shows how to. I made this mainly cuz I was bored today, and I wanted to help out some of the Lucas mains if they didn't know how to do some of the techniques. :)

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
That thundersliding thing on FD seems mindgame-y. I should try it with predictable recoveries.

Great vid YK.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
wow, you're fast!
some corrections

reverse pk fire = wavebounced pk fire

when you are talking about zap jump, you're always performing something we call "wave zap", it is a "wavebounced zap jump". You can have zap jump with no momentum if you just press X and B at the same time

after showing dtilt lock combos, it says "dtilt (trip)", in these combos, the dtilt is not tripping the opponent, it just doesn't let him to get up. Dtilt (trip) is when you hit your opponent with the tip of Lucas' foot and the opponent trips

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Nice vid. Since I don't B-Stick can't do most of those ATs, though. I'm thinking about starting to B-Stick...

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
quick and very informative. Though I knew most of these ATs because I've stuck around lurking for quite some time... It'd be a great help for those who don't know and are new to Lucas. :)

lil cj

Smash Lord
Great vid YK
This actually makes me wanna start b-sticking again:)
Im starting to see that b-sticking=Lucas metagame

Irsic

Smash Ace
quick and very informative. Though I knew most of these ATs because I've stuck around lurking for quite some time... It'd be a great help for those who don't know and are new to Lucas. :)
Generally people with over 1k posts aren't considered lurkers.

D:

but i knew what you meant since you don't really post here

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Dammit, every time I watch a Lucas AT video I realize that I need to learn how to BStick in order to not kill my fingers and controller. >_<

*now has a belated New Year's Resolution*

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yay, positve feedback, and I'm making people thinking about Bsticking again. That means something. :)
With Lucas, people should always B-stick. It makes Lucas safer from harm and it's really good for spacing. That's how I usually go about ****** my opponents with him with the exception of nair. :laugh:

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
With Lucas, people should always B-stick.
So what you're saying is that everyone should exchange superior ariel mobility and quick smashes for superior defense and ATs? It really just depends on your playstyle (or if you never use the c-stick for ariels or smashes). You can be really good with Lucas without B-sticking.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
So what you're saying is that everyone should exchange superior aerial mobility and quick smashes for superior defense and ATs? It really just depends on your playstyle (or if you never use the c-stick for aerial or smashes). You can be really good with Lucas without B-sticking.
A friend of mine Csticks, and he can do all of the Bsticking techniques without Bsitck controls. Goes to show you don't have to Bstick to be an awesome Lucas.

Levitas

the moon
Requirement for a wavezap:

Frame 1: jump
Frame 2: reverse PK fire (PK fire the way you want to move)
Frame 5: hit the direction you want the pk fire to move in (opposite frame 2)(hold)
This is why. this happens in 1/12th of a second, and is 4 very specific inputs on very specific frames.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
ya while it is impressive that he can d it manually I would never rely heavily on this because of the **** frame specifc times that are required to do many controller inputs

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
So what you're saying is that he can wavezap in online lag matches? Chunky must be pretty scary. @_@

Just wait 'til I master it....... With no bstick.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman

Uffe

Smash Hero
So what you're saying is that everyone should exchange superior ariel mobility and quick smashes for superior defense and ATs? It really just depends on your playstyle (or if you never use the c-stick for ariels or smashes). You can be really good with Lucas without B-sticking.
I'm not saying everyone. If you use the C-stick to do aerial and smash attacks, then basically you're limiting yourself to just that when you can do that with the analog and A button. I know Lucas doesn't need B-sticking, but if you don't make use of your C-stick, you might as well change it to something that could be possibly useful.

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
Hrmm I only keep C stick to smashes as the lag on online can make for less accurate aerials and smashes with the analog, Plus I have my Peach who makes use of it as well. B-Sticking is alright but I mean some of the ATs are hardly used that much and they have low priority over some of his ATs. some of them that can be manualed would be all you need but then again its all on preference IMO. But some of them would come in handy for a mixup or something. Not saying you shouldn't use them but remember its just preference. Some of those AT's I don't normally use make me wish I could do them manually. xD

Irsic

Smash Ace
I won't ever switch to C-stick Smashes because I'm not used to using it that way. I C-stick smash with Diddy Kong and I still don't use it. I just use for it glide tossing.

S.D

Smash Master
I've always B sticked Lucas so i'm sort of used to it by now.

If you can get by without though i recommend you do, c stick aerials are so much more natural and precise.

Top Bottom