• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew I: Smokin BBQ Results (Columbus, OH)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
More detailed post to come later, for now, here are the results from the brackets. The full results (brackets and pools) will be uploaded to TIO this week. I also believe all the finals and semi-final matches were recorded, so if you recorded and have uploaded these matches please post so. The finals were between Nope and myself and they went the full spread of 10 games (I won 3-2 coming from Loser's and then lost 3-2 in the absolute grand finals).

Singles Bracket Results (24 people were in pools, 16 people made it to brackets):
1: Nope (Snake): $110
2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong): $52
3: BYAA! (Meta Knight): $32
4: Quivo (Toon Link): $18
5: Capem (Meta Knight): $9
5: Champ (Falco): $9
7: IThrowThings (Sonic)
7: Fonz (Lucario, Ganon)
9: CRNCH (Wario)
9: King Yoshi
9: Baro (Ice Climbers)
9: Cake (Diddy Kong)
13: The Jerk
13: Lou (ROB)
13: Kicks
13: Pdiamond

Doubles Bracket Results (8 teams entered doubles)
1: Nope and Lou: $82
2: Fonz and Capem: $45
3: AlphaZealot and Quivo: $22
4: Cake and Champ
5: Fortenium and Pdiamond
5: Hence and Baro
7: Meese and Jarad
7: TheKeist and Staindgrey

Pools (24 people in 4 pools of 6)
1: AlphaZealot ($168.00)
1: Nope ($168.00)
1: Quivo ($168.00)
1: Capem ($168.00)
5: BYAA!
5: Champ
5: King Yoshi
5: IThrowThings
9: Lou
9: Baro
9: Cake
9: The Jerk
13: Pdiamond
13: CRNCH
13: Fonz
13: Kicks
17: Fortenium
17: Hence
17: Moose
17: Enrish
21: TheKeist
21: Corey
21: Riddler
21: Katon

(Pools may be slightly off for some people. TIO doesn't break ties the same way I do (actually I don't think it breaks it at all, it just tell you when a tie occurs, lol). This is just a C/P from tio to get a feel for how everyone performed). Results have been uploaded to AiB and should be processed shortly.

Money payouts may be off by 1 dollar (but no more than 1 dollar), I forget how I decided to round the numbers during the tournament.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
Best venue yet. Amazing execution. Meal Deal = Epic Win

Shoutouts:
AZ: Great job running this, we defiantly need to get some practice in due to proximity.
Champ: I'll get you next time.
ITT: I will know Sonic the next time we meet.
Keist: Great friendlies as usual
Lou: Never did get that GW ditto... and I hate Diddy
Capem: GDI Meta Knight

TheKiest

Smash Champion
My videos will go up sometime this week (Tuesday will be when I start). Those will be here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/OUGamingArts

Feel free to join our Forums at:
http://www.originalupholdersofthegamingarts.com/

Hopefully I can get more OUGA to the next one and maybe win a game.

Now shoutouts:
BYAA!: Great Meta Knight. Grats on taking 3rd.
Lou: We'll find a way out of your slump...
Staingrey: The matches were fun, we'll have to try not to suicide next time (or just go dual Bowser)
Baro: You jhave a very "special" falco, but that doesn't mean he can't have a normal life. Great ICs as usual
Pdiamond: Very close matches. Alway fun playing you.
Fortenium: Fun Ness. I like what I saw.
Hence: Nice friendlies.
Fonz: Ganon v Ganon always a treat. Same with Kirby v Ganon.
Woo Crew: I'll play you in SC sometime. BNET name and AIM name is (and alwasy will be) TheKiest
Springfield: I know now your names!!!! That's a win in OUGA's book. Also good times getting trashed afterward.
AZ: Excellent venue. Any place where you can just get food where you at is great. Free refills is also a huge plus. At least when I was losing I could enjoy a nice cup of good ole Pepsi (or a Shock Top). I'll remember to do the splitter thing for next time too. Grats on coming 2nd in a very close match.
Nope: Grats on winning the tourne. I felt bad because at the beginning of the last match (Jungle Japes) I told the guy next to me "I think the first kill is going to be a Klap Trap". Then it happened to you literally 10 seconds later. BUT then the nair while he had the nade (or was he stickyed?): Priceless.
Quivo: Yes, I get louder the more brews I have.

See ya at the next one!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ok so that Snake that beat me in an MM at CoT4 isn't some random scrub. That makes me feel better about it. >_>;

Stupid broken God character, lol...

QUIVO

Smash Master
Nope didn't beat me in tourny. I lost to Byaa's mk.. twice -_-

Nope's lucky he didnt have to face me : )

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Nope is either the best or second best Snake in the MW at this point I think. And he has improved very, very fast (actually, Springfield is just getting better at an amazingly fast rate).

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Nope is either the best or second best Snake in the MW at this point I think. And he has improved very, very fast (actually, Springfield is just getting better at an amazingly fast rate).
sadly i couldnt make it but its nice to hear the field placed high. i really really really want to play with you guys this week. and grats nope on the victorys :D

PS: did i mention i really wanted to play this week? idk, just i really do. hit me up guys xD

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Shout-outs

Nope: awesome win.
AZ: Thanks for the friendlies and fun tournament. It's always awesome to hang with you guys. The draft crews were beast. Gratz on Second.
Keist: Ganon is awesome =D
Quivo: Thanks for the friendlies, and fun doubles matches. You and Chris need to come party with us sometime here in Springfield.
Cake: Blueberries are better then Banana's.
Lou: Next time you guys won't be so lucky in doubles.

Anyone else I missed I will add you later if I remember.

Great tournament, awesome Venue, and an all around fun time.

I am trying to upload my video's, but the bulk upload is having a server error or something. So i am having to upload them individually at the time. I am hoping to have the grand finals up by tonight.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I wish to do shout-outs as well!

Springfielders: I'm glad I could get you all hammered ^^

That's about all I got.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'd rather fight snakes than metaknights..
Likewise, freakin love the snake matchup

My ike beat Nope's Snake in a MM, does that mean I betten then all of u?
My Sonic beat Nope's snake in a MM. so.... no.

Shoutouts:

Nope - Almost had you, super awesome special close matches. Gratz on winning the tournament, we gotta play each other more often.

AZ - Great venue, awesome tourney, very well organized, grats on taking second, host another one soon, see you at a later tourney most likely, too many commas, ,

Quivo - We finally got to fight each other. Good matches, I gotta fight more toon links that can zair and DI as well as you.

Capem - nice job getting first seed in our pool. Your MK is very different from most of them I've fought. Don't know how to describe it... slower maybe? Not in a bad way though.

Baro - Nice friendlies, crazy cap'n falcon and really unusual falco. I'd recommend throwing an attack every once in a while with the ICs though.

Cake - Nice talking with you, we gotta do some friendlies or MM's sometime, I need to learn that diddy matchup

Katon - You'll make it out of pools next time trust me. The main reason I had the advantage was because I knew the matchup very well and not many people know the sonic matchup.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Dang, Nope Got First...thats whats up. I went to The UK tourney and got 1st. I wish i could have went to both of them...but they were scheduled on the same day....Good Stuff...I'll see you all at the MWCE....GOD KAIS!!!

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Was a very fun tounry and I would def go again...

Nope-grats on your 1st place

Az- grats on 2nd place and great job on the venue and running the tourney. Done fast enough for us to even enjoy some brew :-)

Quivo-I will eventually stop getting ***** by your toonlink...one of these days.

IThrowThings- very nice sonic. I did have to play a lot different against you, I have no sonic experience so i had to change my game plan. Very nice matches tho, should have gotten more friendlies, maybe next time.

Katon- Next time, there will be lucas and now olimar dittos. and what did you mean GDI metaknight?

Byaa- nice metaknight dittos, were a lot of fun. Great conversations after the matches as well, we will get some more friendlies next time.

Fonz- Grats on the 2nd place in teams :-P. I think i got a new team name for us btw (over 9000!)?

Kiest- Shock tops?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Not really. There is tons of things to get by Snake's Ftilt.
Nope. Ganondorf has 0 moves fast enough to punish Snake's spaced f-tilt. I tested this a lot. Ganondorf can't punish it unless the Snake is close enough to touch him without an attack, which is ********.

lou4222

Smash Lord
This tourney was pretty amazing. Let me be the first to recommend Wings and Brew 2. It seemed like they made some pretty good business, especially after the tournies. The Shocktop was flowing like water.

Nope- Good stuff on winning singles. Your Snake is getting scary. Team Sky High FTW! That will be the first of many.

AZ- Amazing tourney. It was really well organized and everything came together nicely. The 5 dollar meal coupon was amazing. We should try to play some this week before the circuit event.

Q- Last night was too fun. Your ROB in the draft crews was pro. Your TL represented too.

ITT- Finally we got to play in tourney. I have never played a sonic before. After the first match where you stomped me the next two were too close. I hope we get to play again sometime in the near future.

Capem and Fonz- Good stuff in the tourney. The doubles finals against you guys were epic. Over spring break we will have to play those a lot more.

Cake- funny as hell and too fun to hang out with like always.

Baro- ICs are getting much better. The chain grab is getting pretty good.

Pdiamond- I cant remember if we have ever played before yesterday, but the pool matches were good. Keep practicing man. Come to our house tourney on the 21st!

Anyone else I forgot I apologize. Way to rep Springfield! Three cashs in singles including first and first in second in doubles! Springfield FTW

Like I said this tourney was amazing and I had more fun than Ive had in awhile. Hope to see you all next weekend at the circuit event.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot for hosting this, AZ. I had a lot of fun despite getting ***** in the pools =/
Hopefully you host another one, i'd definately like to come again.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Nope. Ganondorf has 0 moves fast enough to punish Snake's spaced f-tilt. I tested this a lot. Ganondorf can't punish it unless the Snake is close enough to touch him without an attack, which is ********.
actually there is. If you shield the Ftilt you can jab before he does anything (this is assuming you are in range to be hit by the first part of the Ftilt). It does not have to be perfect shielded either. at a perfectly spaced Ftilt (where you get hit by the tip of the second hit) You can Spot dodge, BDC (buffered Dash cancel) safely into a Dtilt. without fear of being hit back. Also a perfectly timed and spaced Gerudo can grab him after the second attack of the Ftilt. But this all comes down to if Snake perfectly spaces his Ftilt every time and If Ganon perfectly times a gerudo. You are going by if someone does something perfectly every time. It doesn't happen. I can perfect shield the first hit spot dodge the second then jab before snake can react. I can Dtilt to out range the first part of the Ftilt. Ganon has options to get inside Snake not a lot but he definitely has some.

I will agree it is by FAR very difficult to get inside him, but not impossible as you stated. Its also mind games obviously. You shouldn't lose the match just from Ftilts.

Link to BDC btw if your interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHYKqxTSnI0

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I am trying to upload my video's, but the bulk upload is having a server error or something. So i am having to upload them individually at the time. I am hoping to have the grand finals up by tonight.
Not to derail the thread by going on a slight tangent, but I'm STILL waiting on our Ganon/Falcon friendlies from The Cove.

:crying:

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Not to derail the thread by going on a slight tangent, but I'm STILL waiting on our Ganon/Falcon friendlies from The Cove.

:crying:
I Don't have them. Unfortunately. I must have deleted them, because last time I recorded so much I didn't have enough room on my hard-drive. (they save into like 3gb files) I won 2-1, but I cannot find them to upload them.

I remember you had those two nice Knee tippers. =(

Inui

Banned via Warnings
actually there is. If you shield the Ftilt you can jab before he does anything (this is assuming you are in range to be hit by the first part of the Ftilt). It does not have to be perfect shielded either. at a perfectly spaced Ftilt (where you get hit by the tip of the second hit) You can Spot dodge, BDC (buffered Dash cancel) safely into a Dtilt. without fear of being hit back. Also a perfectly timed and spaced Gerudo can grab him after the second attack of the Ftilt. But this all comes down to if Snake perfectly spaces his Ftilt every time and If Ganon perfectly times a gerudo. You are going by if someone does something perfectly every time. It doesn't happen. I can perfect shield the first hit spot dodge the second then jab before snake can react. I can Dtilt to out range the first part of the Ftilt. Ganon has options to get inside Snake not a lot but he definitely has some.

I will agree it is by FAR very difficult to get inside him, but not impossible as you stated. Its also mind games obviously. You shouldn't lose the match just from Ftilts.

Link to BDC btw if your interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHYKqxTSnI0

I definitely tested jab and stuff like that pretty extensively and it never punished a well-spaced f-tilt even with a powershield.

If Ganondorf shields or dodges the first hit, Snake can just not do the second hit...and he won't be punished. The second hit is indeed punishable, but not the first if it's spaced well.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I Don't have them. Unfortunately. I must have deleted them, because last time I recorded so much I didn't have enough room on my hard-drive. (they save into like 3gb files) I won 2-1, but I cannot find them to upload them.

I remember you had those two nice Knee tippers. =(
Yeah, that was one big reason why I wanted to see them so badly.

The other part is that I'm preparing part 2 of our rivalry from Love's Last Stand for upload and wanted to use the first set as like a "previously on.." kind of thing.

I am saddened at the loss, but after so long I was prepared for the worst.

Nope

Smash Lord
Ok so that Snake that beat me in an MM at CoT4 isn't some random scrub. That makes me feel better about it. >_>;

Stupid broken God character, lol...
Thanks for thinking so highly of me lol ( but I can understand there are lots of smashers around and you can't keep track of everyone. The game and players also change often) Also I love the name of your last tourney lol

hi nope! you been trainin?
yes I have! and one day when I make it back to the EC again rematch =p

Is this the same Nope I played in pools at COT4?
Yep close matches with your peach a rematch also coming your way when I make it back out that way. Either that or you guys should come to the Midwest. It would be a good time we promise!

Shout out time now:

AZ: First off GREAT tourney! ran so nicely the food deals and the shock tops/draft crews afterwards were wayyy too fun. Lets start rotating months like you suggested and get a mini OH circuit? Great games (all 14 of them lol) thanks for taking me to Japes and giving me a break that last game haha. Also I WILL win on Port Town next time! that first one was a fluke! (the rest legit) Diddy Kong just paid off the cars to be on his team. See you this weekend.

Quivo: Thanks for being on my side of the bracket and losing so I didn't have to play your scary Toon Link. More random MM's next time? Also Draft Crew R.O.B needs to be put away hes way to good.

Lou: YES team sky high ftw! We finally got Bucket redemption on Lucario from the Cove. Do better in singles next time. Your better then that.

Fonz: Cakes worst nightmare. well done in teams do better in singles next time

Cake: losing to your home town in tournies again? Come over for more practice. Also as usual: Worst DK/Diddy/Snake/MK/DDD/?/Marth in the house!! Also Bowser > C.Falcon hahahaha

Capem: great job in teams you had a lot of clutch gimps don't jump off the map and give games away for me and lou. Do better in singles as well next time

Champ: thanks for going for the glory in ours pools match and letting me come back from that spike moment. Also good job for beating cake (we have to keep his ego in check lol)

ITT: really close matches yet again, I got the better of you this time. Another MM next time we meet for sure for best 2/3 sets lol

King Yoshi: Everywhere I turn your at the same tourney always nice playing with you and seeing you again. Make sure you bring everyone down for the 21st and April 11th.

BYAA!: nice to meet and play you good MK some more snake practice and you'll be just fine vs me =p also thanks a lot for beating quivo for me I owe you one.

Katon/Jerk: Nice to see you guys again thanks for staying and doing crews with us and hanging out. Sorry we didn't get to play this time but I'll see you the 21st I'm sure if not before that.

Keist: way to come and rep the OUGA we will have our full crew battle one day. Thanks for pitching in for some shock tops we will have to do that again for sure. Was it weird not running a tourney for once lol

Baro: your IC are getting better keep it up. More MM next time.

Hence: I like your lucario out of all the chars we have played so far pick him up as a main and stick with him and you'll be doing well in no time. Make sure you bring your crew down for April 11th.

Crunch: Go to Wittenburg and join up with Springfield we would love a Wario added to the roster! It's also refreshing to see one in the Midwest.

Anyone else I missed sorry! good tourney everyone thanks again AZ

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I definitely tested jab and stuff like that pretty extensively and it never punished a well-spaced f-tilt even with a powershield.

If Ganondorf shields or dodges the first hit, Snake can just not do the second hit...and he won't be punished. The second hit is indeed punishable, but not the first if it's spaced well.
We can discuss it all day, but this is a tournament result thread. If you would like to play sometime I am more then happy to play. Next time I make it out to the East coast I will show you, and we can even play some matches. Ganondorf definitely is at a huge disadvantage, but it is not an impossible match even with the Ftilt.

Any vids gonna be posted?
Tons, I am loading them as we speak. Time is the only factor now =D.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Shock Tops + Brawl = Brawl+-.

Believe it...

... because last time I recorded so much I didn't have enough room on my hard-drive. (they save into like 3gb files) ...(
What format do you use?

I use .wmv on Windows Movie maker and I used about 3 gigs for ALL the videos from LLS (including the 27 matches in the falcon tournament).

The quality is good enough to reach high quality on youtube also.

Top Bottom