• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difference in colors

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Someone with AR or something figure out this scenario, because its been bugging me for years and it's the reason I use the neutral color Falcon.

Pick neutral color Falcon and go to Princess Peaches Castle. Get on the little left ledge in the middle facing right. Now spam dsmashes and he should fall off after 2 or 3. Do this with any other color and you'll see that he never falls off.

I thought the great Big D would know the answer to my question but he didn't even know this happened, so now I come to the great Falcon boards to see if anyone knows the answer.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I totally came here thinking this would be some n00b post about colors, but apparently there is a difference. That freaks me out...I'm going to try that like now. And yeah, I think Magus is the only one who can answer this question. But check your version of Melee. It might differ between versions.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
so im guessing it's due to either the neutral color having a slightly bigger body or a longer down smash? its really weird

Scar

#HarveyDent
This is weird as hell. Also I tested it with default and black. Both would fall off, but it was easier with default colors.
u sure? i am under the impression that only default falls off

other colors fall off if there is a computer jumping at you but otherwise they shouldnt

Ja

Smash Journeyman
u sure? i am under the impression that only default falls off

other colors fall off if there is a computer jumping at you but otherwise they shouldnt
Opponent was an "afk" human on the other side of the level. I'm sure, I got black to fall off multiple times. Haven't tested the other colors. Controller slot was p1, if that matters.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
i remember being able to spam dsmashes there and I tried it again later and I couldnt get it, that must be why, weird as hell tho

Grunt

Smash Master
I could only get default to fall off.
must be weird things like this that makes people always pick the same color.
like all luigi players are pink. maybe pink luigi's ftilt is longer or some ****.
EDIT:
Default has a longer time before he can cancel his dsmash. Kind of hard to explain, but try it on the right side facing left, and spam dsmash as fast as you can. now try it with different colors.

so default color cancels his second dsmash into a dair off the left side instead, but i dont know why...

Proverbs

Smash Lord
EDIT:
Default has a longer time before he can cancel his dsmash. Kind of hard to explain, but try it on the right side facing left, and spam dsmash as fast as you can. now try it with different colors.

so default color cancels his second dsmash into a dair off the left side instead, but i dont know why...
Same happened to me. Except I can get grey Falcon to fall off, but he'll fall off from one downsmash (and occasionally fell of from spamming d-smash). And yeah, neutral Falcon cancels his downsmash slower on the right side and sometimes has an interrupted down-air.

Really weird stuff.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I wonder if they somehow messed with the models when they applied the different textures, resulting in slightly different physics.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Someone just figure it out with AR. This is going to bother the hell out of me.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
Hey Jiano i was wondering if you and Darkrain did any recent ditto matches and if you did can post them plz those matches are sick.(big fan btw)

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Wow that's really scary. What if...the whole time, people who are using normal color falcon were losing and dieing just because of their color.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
this needs to be figured out

it could lead to actual tangible differences between colors for any character that could actually affect gameplay

probably not, but nothing is certain anymore

Top Bottom