• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds my gears: Pros and their rabid fanboys

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=1192]What grinds my gears: Pros and their rabid fanboys[/drupal]

ZOMG!!! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK ABOUT <insert name here> LIKE THAT ?! >:@

I'm not, in fact I'm cool with most people. I say my problem is with fanboys who can't seem to hop off that smashers nuts which in turn gets me a bit annoyed at that said smasher. Now don't get me wrong, I respect the top smashers (Though I think some of them are overrated), but really, I don't need to hear the same persons name over and over at least change the subject to someone else please. Trust me, I caught some hell from someone when I said "Who was Atomsk?" (Seriously, I honestly never heard of him and if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have known who he was untill I saw the stream for Catalysm 4). You mean to tell me that I get called ignorant all because I didn't know this "Pro"? Are you serious? Also, what is this BS about "Oh, you won because <insert whoever> was sandbagging!!" I hear this be said to other players on occasion or regular. Anyone who says this please with huge emphasis STFU!!!
Nobody should be put on a huge freaking pedestal like their some greek god. That's why many of you will NEVER reach the level you wanna be, you accept so much nuts to the face that you forgot how to be a fighter. You try to emulate your idol, but you fail horribly. Know what tourney host should do? They should make more profit by making a spectator fee, at least it will get the cheerleaders out the ring. Respect is one thing but rabid fanboyish attitudes like it's Naruto all over again is very unappealing. Instead of putting your dear Smash pro on that pedestal, focus on yourself first because eventually you gotta fight that said person down the line. I'm sure your "Idol" would want the same thing instead of another groupie that can't hop off their nuts to save their own lives. Wipe that **** off your face, it's time for you to go for broke again.

P.S. No disrespect to anyone mentioned here or anything, just putting out my thoughts.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The commentators are guilty of it too sometimes.

I remember one match where all I could hear was "Azen won't die till 200%, he has amazing DI"
"Omg, check out Azen's DI"
"Wow yeah, and ya know, Azen is also so amazing at...."

Yeah Azen's good, we get it, but there does happen to be someone playing him you know. It's not Azen vs Mr Saturn... >__>

DemonFart

Smash Lord
you know what really grinds my gears?
you,america!
fu!!!!!

Lol family guy.
*nods at terans post*

:094:

D

Deleted member

I see that on the G&W boards all time. All of these people drool over Hylian.

mzink*

Smash Ace
The commentators are guilty of it too sometimes.

I remember one match where all I could hear was "Azen won't die till 200%, he has amazing DI"
"Omg, check out Azen's DI"
"Wow yeah, and ya know, Azen is also so amazing at...."

Yeah Azen's good, we get it, but there does happen to be someone playing him you know. It's not Azen vs Mr Saturn... >__>
Haha QFT. Man some of the commentators I listened to during the match went ON AND ON about his DI, repeating the same thing over and over. "He's not gona die because he just has that amazing DI." I mean yea when you see him escape being flung from the screen over and over, being able to continue hanging on that last little bit, its pretty sweet but you don't have to repeat how amazing it is every freakin time.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm sorry people like me :( lol. I'm probably the most overrated player ever :p.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry people like me :( lol. I'm probably the most overrated player ever :p.
No, you're pretty awesome, but I try not to make you out to be a Smash god. We're all just normal peeps.

Mith_

Smash Champion
To be honest I don't hear much about you as I do about other smashers. No offense ofc. I know you are good though because of all the stuff I've seen you post on here.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol no man you're not.

No offense to MK pros, but their beyond ovverated. People are to scared to fight them, and just wanna ***** about it.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
That's why I WANT to get so good that I can get to their level and play them.
Show that no human being is GOD at smash. That they CAN be defeated.

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
i completely second that, I hate when people are put on a pedestal... it makes concentrating on beating the best that much harder for us (the people that dont worship, and just try to learn). compliments should never be given in excess. Smash is like a sport, you take each defeat as a lesson, and although many sports players are idolized, its a great comparison. WHAT I HATE THE MOST::: fanboys with QUOTED TEXT in their signatures from pros like AZZEN, M2K, PC Chris, etc. I mean c'mon people they aren't that godly, they are flesh and blood and can be beaten if you are good enough... but by worshipping these people you just lose your "smash identity" and become a cheerleader, feeding the ego of the pros and stalling the advancement of prospective challengers, which I'm sure at some point could even piss off a pro... Because I mean what kind of pro would accept easy victories... that would be no fun. What I find is that people want to get "in" with the smash community... you know? get your name out there... What people don't realize is that by doing numerous other things (including getting good tournament spots) that they can become noticed. Take the time to bring a setup, help the hosts set up in any way you can. Help the place make room for the tourney... or even host a great tournament yourself. It's not always about winning, and I have found that through numerous defeats at every tournament I have gone to. Trust me, I am not a pro yet, I am however extremely experienced and I have an in depth knowledge/skill of the game. Take my advice... all you people who worship... save it for god/your real religion, and if you dont have a religion, worship yourselves, create your own "smash identity" and prepare yourselves to face the pros instead of pray to them. A PRO recognizes your name when you prove your skill, prove your dedication, and just be yourself. You need to know their real names and stop chanting their smash names. So please I ask you smash community for the love of god, make your own mark, and give credibility where it is deserved, BUT NEVER IN EXCeSS

Top Bottom