• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Peach

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hmm...nice Peach you have there. Nice 2nd jump use too :) but...well...
Comment time

- You have this obsession to throw Turnips immediatly after you've picked them up, sometimes when your opponent isn't anywhere near you

- Punish Sonic when he uses his Up + B (--> Dair)!

- Floating Dair. Use it more. Get some SH Dairs in there as well. Sonic was abusing his spindashes and ASC a lot and you could have countered that by Floating at around head height and defensivly Floating Daired him. If you use Floating Dair, don't always drop your Float straight away

- Your spacing can be really iffy sometimes. Mis spacing your Fair against Sonic leaves you wide open for an F Smash which is one of his primary killing moves. If you're recovering and Sonic is charging up an F Smash, DO NOT go in for a Fair. Either Toad it or move out of the way of it
I noticed that you B Stick though so that might have something to do with it

- Speaking of Toad, just be careful on your use of him. Same goes for F Smash and other slowish attacks

- I can't believe I'm saying this but you bound around with your 2nd jump almost a bit too much. It's a good spacing tool but against Sonic, it made you miss a lot of the time because you were too high up and it also delayed your attacks which gave him time to avoid what you were throwing at him and you also hardly ever Floated at all. Too much of a good thing can be bad

You recover quite agressivly most of the time. If you've been knocked back, you'll often try and get a hit back in when coming back down. Great sometimes but a tad predictable and sometimes, you're better off just getting back on the ground safely. Better safe than sorry, especially when you're dealing with someone like Sonic who is very good at punishing

Really, you should have got more spaced Floating Dairs in there. They would have won you the match. Smarter Turnip use would have helped you as well. Don't be so agressive as well - you kind of threw yourself into your enemy a lot, which resulted in you getting shield grabbed and punished. Hope that helps. Nice Peach you have ^^

Hope that helps

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I saw free pulling.

I also saw a jab-grab and white dress. I'm pretty sure I've patented that combination. I'm suing you.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
After close inspection, I caught one or two. I think they were dash pulls...

But he glidetosses backwards too!

D:

HE'S A WITCH.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Oh, and BTC doesn't B-stick. I'm pretty sure he's said that. >_<;

Oh, and BTC...sumtin I kinda told ya a few times after we've played on wifi but...rewatch these vids and see how many turnips pulls resulted in being punished or giving sonic an opportunity to attack you. Also I just feel that delphino was a bad CP. Battlefield or Japes would've been infinitely better. And yea, Rick is totally right.

nice peachie lol.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...nice Peach you have there. Nice 2nd jump use too :) but...well...
Comment time

- You have this obsession to throw Turnips immediatly after you've picked them up, sometimes when your opponent isn't anywhere near you

Yeah, I did not really consider that until now. Probably should hold on to them more.

- Punish Sonic when he uses his Up + B (--> Dair)!

Noted.

- Floating Dair. Use it more. Get some SH Dairs in there as well. Sonic was abusing his spindashes and ASC a lot and you could have countered that by Floating at around head height and defensivly Floating Daired him. If you use Floating Dair, don't always drop your Float straight away

Yeah, surprisingly as I look back on the matches I had I was not floating Dair a lot. :( Probably because I did not want to get up smashed. :/

- Your spacing can be really iffy sometimes. Mis spacing your Fair against Sonic leaves you wide open for an F Smash which is one of his primary killing moves. If you're recovering and Sonic is charging up an F Smash, DO NOT go in for a Fair. Either Toad it or move out of the way of it
I noticed that you B Stick though so that might have something to do with it

Noted and I do not B-stick. :p

- Speaking of Toad, just be careful on your use of him. Same goes for F Smash and other slowish attacks

Noted.

- I can't believe I'm saying this but you bound around with your 2nd jump almost a bit too much. It's a good spacing tool but against Sonic, it made you miss a lot of the time because you were too high up and it also delayed your attacks which gave him time to avoid what you were throwing at him and you also hardly ever Floated at all. Too much of a good thing can be bad

Noted.

You recover quite agressivly most of the time. If you've been knocked back, you'll often try and get a hit back in when coming back down. Great sometimes but a tad predictable and sometimes, you're better off just getting back on the ground safely. Better safe than sorry, especially when you're dealing with someone like Sonic who is very good at punishing

I usually try to force my opponents away from me by using an aerial when recovering. Guess I have to mix it up a bit.

Really, you should have got more spaced Floating Dairs in there. They would have won you the match. Smarter Turnip use would have helped you as well. Don't be so agressive as well - you kind of threw yourself into your enemy a lot, which resulted in you getting shield grabbed and punished. Hope that helps. Nice Peach you have ^^

Wasn't thinking clearly with the Floated Dairs and I know I was being too aggressive which caused me to lose both games. Thanks. ^.^

Hope that helps
I saw free pulling.

I also saw a jab-grab and white dress. I'm pretty sure I've patented that combination. I'm suing you.
But Jab -> Grab is awesome. D:

After close inspection, I caught one or two. I think they were dash pulls...

But he glidetosses backwards too!

D:

HE'S A WITCH.
I have a strong urge to sig quote this. :p

Tell me your secret O_O

Anyway, I see a rising talent xd
Just practicing and knowing your character and match-ups. ;)

Oh, and BTC doesn't B-stick. I'm pretty sure he's said that. >_<;

Oh, and BTC...sumtin I kinda told ya a few times after we've played on wifi but...rewatch these vids and see how many turnips pulls resulted in being punished or giving sonic an opportunity to attack you. Also I just feel that delphino was a bad CP. Battlefield or Japes would've been infinitely better. And yea, Rick is totally right.

nice peachie lol.
Correct, I do not B-stick.

Yeah, for some reason I am pulling Turnips in bad places now and getting punished for it. >.> Got to plan my pulls now.
I could not think of a better counter pick at the moment and the first thing he banned was Jungle Japes. D: Plus, on the tournament listing page it did not list it as legal...

Thanks. :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Very nice Peach you have there, especially for B-sticking. Nice playing against the Sonic matchup as well. Lots of turnips, d-smash, u-tilt, you know what you're doing. I saw some instances where u-smash could have grabbed you an earlier kill but that's no big deal.

As for your glide tossing, I see you have some quick fingers as well. Reverse glide tossing and glide tossing upward isn't the easiest thing to perform "manually", if you will, but you seem to have no trouble doing it. You didn't have a lot of reckless uses of your second jump like some peaches I've seen either. All in all, very nice work, I'm impressed. :)

EDIT: oh you do not B-stick, my mistake.
Still a very nice Peach, and nice choice of outfit. O.~

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Aww Meno, don't take that to heart. It's just that I don't see so many B-sticking Peaches that are very solid, but you're exempt from that. Besides, he doesn't even B-stick anyway so yeah... ^.^;

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Nice peach, not much to add that hasn't already been said.

What was with those slide pulls (at like 0:41, 1:10, 2:36 of the first vid)? Almost looked like turnip free pulls but where was the turnaround? so are they dash pulls? which i s'pose are possible with a c-stick. I thought free pulls were super tricky without a b-stick, and dash pulls even harder still. Is that what you're doing? if so i'm crazy impressed, is your left thumb like CNC or something. Please do share the knowledge.

If you've indeed managed to implement these techs into your play it certainly speaks to your potential. Just a matter of knowing when to implement such moves. I think more floating in general would help your game, just a bit of floating before the second jump might help predictability/adaptabilty. Same as others said about the turnips, i certainly think less is more, less random tossing and more controlled use.
All in all tho nice peach, I look forward to seeing more vids, and perhaps a lesson on your wacky slides.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Nice peach, not much to add that hasn't already been said.

What was with those slide pulls (at like 0:41, 1:10, 2:36 of the first vid)? Almost looked like turnip free pulls but where was the turnaround? so are they dash pulls? which i s'pose are possible with a c-stick. I thought free pulls were super tricky without a b-stick, and dash pulls even harder still. Is that what you're doing? if so i'm crazy impressed, is your left thumb like CNC or something. Please do share the knowledge.

If you've indeed managed to implement these techs into your play it certainly speaks to your potential. Just a matter of knowing when to implement such moves. I think more floating in general would help your game, just a bit of floating before the second jump might help predictability/adaptabilty. Same as others said about the turnips, i certainly think less is more, less random tossing and more controlled use.
All in all tho nice peach, I look forward to seeing more vids, and perhaps a lesson on your wacky slides.
They are dashed Free Turnip Pulls. :p If you know how to do them with a B-stick you can do it with the c-stick. ^.^ Just takes a little more practice and precision. ;) What is CNC?

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about floating during the tournament. :embarrass I am starting to control my turnip use now. :) Thanks and sadly, I do not have a source for recording my matches. :(

As for a lesson, for the dashed pull all you have to do is input coordinates close to the green dot and press B then go to the red dot. ^_^

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Yea, i figured dashed turnip free pulls is what they were after a lot of looking and searching. Certainly something to practice. Would you say the dashed turnip free pull is easier than a normal turnip free pull(without a b-stick of course)?

oh and CNC stands for computer numerically controlled, usually applied to something that is precision machined.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Is there a real difference between the regular pivot free pull from the dash pull besides the inputs? Oh, and how consistently can you pull off the dash pull in-game offline?

coz if you can do it nearly 100 percent of the time just like glide tossing this is definitely sumtin I should prolly get down. ;o

OH and wut exactly are the exact inputs, what do you have to be doing and all that.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is there a real difference between the regular pivot free pull from the dash pull besides the inputs? Oh, and how consistently can you pull off the dash pull in-game offline?

coz if you can do it nearly 100 percent of the time just like glide tossing this is definitely sumtin I should prolly get down. ;o
A dash pull zooms you at least three times the distance as a regular free pull - it's also slightly harder to perform due to the timing. It's affected more than the regular free pull by online lag (for me anyway).

This is concerning a bstick though.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Yea, i figured dashed turnip free pulls is what they were after a lot of looking and searching. Certainly something to practice. Would you say the dashed turnip free pull is easier than a normal turnip free pull(without a b-stick of course)?

oh and CNC stands for computer numerically controlled, usually applied to something that is precision machined.
Yes, I would say that the dashed Free Turnip Pull is easier. The normal one you have to be turning around plus pulling at the same time. :p

I do not think my thumb is like that. :p Although, some might say otherwise.

OH and wut exactly are the exact inputs, what do you have to be doing and all that.
Distance for one but MenoUnderwater answered that. Offline I can do it about 85-90% of the time. I still make mistakes sometimes but with practice I probably can reduce those.

For the time in the dash I would suggest using the B-Stick since you do not have to worry about the correct location of the analog stick. Once you have the timing down replace B-Stick with the correct analog stick coordinates and B such in my diagram. It is somewhat hard to explain, maybe I need to make an animation... :dizzy:

I can't seem to do it right. Is that facing right or left? How much time in between?

I want details!
See explanation above, you can do it left or right. ;)

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
ahh so your the guy i lost to heheh oh well next time i know how to beat you my lucario Mwahahahahaha

jk it will at least be even i can't belive i use rob i suck with rob.

Top Bottom