• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Negative Zone Dining Etiquette: The Luigi Board's Subculture

Atash

Smash Apprentice
My first topic ever! And It's totally pointless! *not*

Negative Zone Dining Etiquette
Green fire, spherical volumes of inverted color, and vacuum cleaners
- all in a routine day for Luigi.​

The what:
The green thunder has so many attributes of weirdness (as many if not more-so than Mario, Wario, and Bowser combined [Peach not so much due to innuendos :-D ]) that there must be creativity abound - if only for the 'lawls' regarding them. This thread is an invitation for randomness and hilarity both constructive and empty; there may be bad puns, but there are no bad ideas. The worst puns are often some of the best ideas - so spew them out!

I will collect videos, music, pictures, puns, plays on language, insults to the Nintendo cast (including Luigi :-P ), and even creative flames (as long as they aren't directed at other board members). I mean - really. Totally lose your inhibitions here. :-P

Oh - and you can one-up other people by making their original statements funnier/more epic/more awesome. SO GO AHEAD AND POST!

With regards to quotations: I will be putting text into the quote blocks of others (for captioning). I'll attempt to differentiate my text from other people's text, however.
The why:
This is my attempt at creating a place to gather every Luigi player and bring them into some lively fun on the boards.

The issue is this - our board doesn't have a distinct subculture. I'm hoping that by inviting everyone who ever comes in to contribute ideas, jokes, and bad puns, there can be a way to get people a bit more involved. Perhaps even entertain those who lurk to the point that they attempt to play Luigi a bit, just for the 'LoL's perhaps.

My current personal recommendations originating from this thread:

• If you see 'elheber' in any entry, it automatically makes it a must see.
  • Be sure to look at all of the images!
Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Ask the waiter about our fine selection of Italian wines...
Food and drink related​

*empty*​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
What to speak about while dining in the negative zone:
Topics of conversation, puns, and language​

"cr4sh said:
SHORYUUUKEN!
[...]
elheber]Yep said:
[...][/SIZE]
(( Wondering who said what to lead to this madness? Click the blue arrow to read the rest! ))
So, people were discussing the Luigi-borne-awesomeness that is Boss, and LuigiKing came up with this interesting... uhh. Yeah.

Playin' weegee
*LIKE A BAUSS*
Doin' shorthops
*LIKE A BAUSS*
Winnin' tournies
*LIKE A BAUSS*
When cultures collide:
I challenge you to a Brawl! It can't happen until later, but later in june when I'm in America.
Then we'll see who is top tier!
You're on indian man!
You're on indiana man!
[<insert story here>]
His legion of Boos and other ghouls consuming the world before him, Mario would emerge for a final confrontation with the awakened intent Luigi atop a shadowy mountain consumed in lighting and fire. The epic battle would shatter the ground beneath them like chapped lips in blisteringly dry and cold conditions without Carmex, revealing lava below the pilars of broken ground.
[...]
And so concludes Super Mario Bros. 5: Dark Thunderstache of Doom: The Final Reckoning.
[...]
(( Wondering what happened in the [<insert story here>] and [...]? Click the blue arrow to read the rest! ))
WIGI said:
(( Wondering what WIGI originally said? Click the blue arrow to (attempt) to read it! ))[/SIZE]
here's a story about luigi's childhood. once, when luigi was a child and mario was off playing baseball he decided to eat a Snickers.
[<insert rest of story here>]
So the moral here is Eat a snickers, Kill a burglar, Make 10million dollars and Sue mario.
(( Wondering what happened in the [<insert rest of story here>]? Click the blue arrow to read the rest! ))
Atash said:
News Anchor: This just in - dead fish found across the west coast of South America as Luigi walked by; scientists theorize it was the 'L-nino'.
Luigi...

is a stoner...
(( Click the blue arrow to read the rest! ))
To stay on the topic and keep this thread Luigi oriented I will end all of my sentences with "Luigi". Luigi.
Now, I present to you my list of my favorite collective nouns. Luigi
For those who are of the dull, a collective noun is the name for a bunch of something, like; a gaggle of geese. Luigi
Here is my list. Luigi
(( Click the blue arrow to read the rest! Read the post following it to see Minwu's correction to Kigbariom's list :-P ))
What sits in the corner and gets smaller and smaller?
(( Click the blue arrow to read the rest! ))
Be entertained while you eat -
Music, videos (both brawl related and not at all related - preferably not matches [unless they're uber funny], those go elsewhere :-P )​

Enjoy the artistry upon the dining room walls!
Images, both animated and still​

I'm very sorry for what I am about to do to all of you.
(( Click the blue arrow to... be surprised. ))
"LuigiKing said:

(( Click the blue arrow to see yet more Luigi vector-art madness. ))
Courtesy of Elheber (mostly :-P ).
I apologize for the size of what follows -.-'

Updates:
Jun28-09: Oh dear - MAJORLY LONG TIME SINCE UPDATE! I'm actually more busy now during the summer than I was during school, though...
May9-09: Added some stuff from outside the thread (like I said, I'm keeping an eye out for stuff all over the boards :-P ). I also noticed that I missed a few pictures Kig and Elheber put up a while ago. Sorry!
Apr25-09: LUIGI FOR VICE PRESIDENT! (did some formatting changes, added a personal recommendations list...)
Apr21-09: Oh dear, elheber...
Mar11-09: Woah - more images... and a weird ytmd thing. Switched the order so that vids are above images - cuz it's like images are becoming too numerous...
Mar7-09: YAY! IMAGES!!!
Mar3-09: Tacked on some new stuff :-D
Mar2-09: Just made it and hoping that it takes off. >_<

Atash

Smash Apprentice
better hope this doesn't get closed. cool idea, though.
While this seems to be something more along the lines of general discussion or spam discussion, this is Luigi oriented... So long as it remains a place to energize (if only slightly) the Luigi brawl community, I believe there's no reason for it to be closed. :-D

Atash

Smash Apprentice
Well - actually... Hippie, are you saying "this seems like its more of a general chat thread or spam discussion. you better hope "he" doesn't close it lol." as a form of support, neutrality and suggestion of the controversy that may surround this topic, or do you believe it should be closed?

I'm not willing to agree to something being closed if it's left up to a single person who goes against the members of the boards... So - well. If the general consensus ends up being, "Close it," then let it be closed. If it's more like, "Let's see where this goes," then (my plea to the moderators) let's see where it goes...

Really though - no one knows where that video is located? The one with the people from "Night at the Roxbury" having Luigi's face pasted over them while driving and singing to the tune of "What is love"?

EDIT:

Okay - hippie... I'll uhm... attempt to use a simpler vocabulary. Note that I said 'attempt' - I may not be successful in that... that... (I want to say 'endeavor' so badly...)... attempt. *cough*.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
You're Endeavor to please the archaic Hippie has hopelessly failed in a blaze of...

oh

oops

PolMex23

Smash Champion
You're Endeavor to please the archaic Hippie has hopelessly failed in a blaze of...

oh

oops

"...blaze of...agony!"

Luigi...

is a stoner...

Luigi mains...are not....(ignore this)

Only the chosen can possess the mentality to play a good luigi...

Those with swagger...those with passion...

Those with no care about what the world has to say, only of what their heart....

has to say.

The act of chosing a character comes from past child hood experiences an the thought of being good with a character that isn't statisticly powered...

Thats an opinion on what drove you to play Luigi, but the truth is...

Your are truly a man if you play Luigi.

You say **** the world, im the underappreciated more athletic an taller brother of that fat **** italien and

I, am....

THE ONLY ONE!!!! THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!

*ACCHHHHHH!!!!* HIGGHLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kigbariom

Smash Lord
You brought it back! Yay!!!! My favorite image. Let's collect Weegee pictures.
Also I like this thread.
It's like the LBR except everyone can post here.
ooh snap
As far as puns go Atash, I'm your man. I can make puns out of thin air.

crewster

Smash Lord
you want to here a joke?

Reveal the spoiler for the answer:

What sits i the corner and gets smaller and smaller?

An emo with a cheese grater!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
"...blaze of...agony!"

Luigi...

is a stoner...

Luigi mains...are not....(ignore this)

Only the chosen can possess the mentality to play a good luigi...

Those with swagger...those with passion...

Those with no care about what the world has to say, only of what their heart....

has to say.

The act of chosing a character comes from past child hood experiences an the thought of being good with a character that isn't statisticly powered...

Thats an opinion on what drove you to play Luigi, but the truth is...

Your are truly a man if you play Luigi.

You say **** the world, im the underappreciated more athletic an taller brother of that fat **** italien and

I, am....

THE ONLY ONE!!!! THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!

*ACCHHHHHH!!!!* HIGGHLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol you the shiz polmex. ima follow yo footsteps son. cause most of these apply to me xDD

The only image we will ever need:
This is the winner of today

Wow, that's uh... an interesting joke there, Crewster.
I agree o.0.

and basically yup this thread is general chat thing. wonder how this'll last :p. good job on puns atash

Atash

Smash Apprentice
OOPS!

I was adding some of the new stuff when suddenly I posted it without using preview and now the tags are messed up oh gawd oh gawd oh gawd I BE FIXIN' IT NAOWZ!!!

*cough*

That sounded nothing like me...

kigbariom

Smash Lord
To stay on the topic and keep this thread Luigi oriented I will end all of my sentences with "Luigi". Luigi.
For those who are of the dull, a collective noun is the name for a bunch of something, like; a gaggle of geese. Luigi
Here is my list. Luigi
1.) A parliament of owls. Luigi
2.) A unkindness of ravens. Luigi
3.) A shrewdness of apes. (My favorite) Luigi
4.) Sostenuto of Luigi's. (My own) Luigi
5.) An implausibility of gnus. (a gnu is like an antelope thing) Luigi
6.) A nye of phesants. Luigi.
7.) A lounge of lizards. Luigi.

Yeah, I'm done.

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
Here is my list. Luigi
1.) A parliament of owls. Luigi
2.) A unkindness of ravens. Luigi
3.) A shrewdness of apes. (My favorite) Luigi
4.) Sostenuto of Luigi's. (My own) Luigi
5.) An implausibility of gnus. (a gnu is like an antelope thing [Luigi]) Luigi
6.) A nye of phesants. Luigi.
7.) A lounge of lizards. Luigi.

Yeah, I'm done.
Fixed.

Luigi

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Thanks tons Minwu. Luigi. I don't know where I'd be without you. Luigi
But we can't turn this into +1 kind of thing.
Otherwise it'll be closed.

Atash

Smash Apprentice
I'm around - kind of - to contribute more stuff. However - really guys, let's step up the videos and images especially. I'm going to filter things going to the opening post a bit; there should be more than just some passing relationship to the kewl-weegee-o. :-P

My contribution (FOUND IT! Well, a better version of it anyway :-P ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4e84mGsRhQ

Go weegee! Go weegee!

EDIT:

I forgot to say - don't forget that there can be luigi board cultural references. Make fun of other board members' habits! Or something!

Example: I put up cr4sh's SHORYUUUKEN! thing cuz... well, you should know from reading his siggy :-P

EDIT EDIT: Bah, what the heck, I'm putting up Kig's thing anyway, just cuz' >_<

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Who doesn't love a well-thought out list of collective nouns. I'm going to write a Luigi boards biography.
A little section about the whole "cast" and post it up.
It'll take me a while though, but what I'm saying is. I call writing the post. "Shotgun!"

Atash

Smash Apprentice
Who doesn't love a well-thought out list of collective nouns. I'm going to write a Luigi boards biography.
A little section about the whole "cast" and post it up.
It'll take me a while though, but what I'm saying is. I call writing the post. "Shotgun!"
You have a provisional patent on the biography, Kigs. Anyone who attempts infringement will be liable to lawsuit and much SHORYUUKEN!!! (after due process, of course... of course... *cough*).

This thread is awesome. Luigi.
Thanks! Please come back and contribute something. :-D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way... I never knew that Luigi wore red and white striped socks... That, like, go up to his calves or higher...:

Look carefully: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MarioAndLuigiSuperstarSagaGBACoverArtUS.jpg

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Oh, I know. The red and white socks are weird. The Mario and Luigi Partners in Time art was very different. Kind of goofy and cartoony.

P.S. Thanks for the patent.

Cheesewulf

Smash Cadet
I have some funny Luigi gifs

in fact you don't know them, they're from Mufei Luigi on DeviantArt

use them for whatever you like, but don't claim them as your own

Atash

Smash Apprentice
-- updated with some of my stuff from my previous post --

I can't stop thinking about how Peach looks so much like a ****** in that Star Wars spoof poster. What a great find.
lawls - it's amazing what you can find with a little bit of Google work. >_<

Anyone have anything else? Come on - there's got to be a lot more funny stuff out there about our eternal understudy... Someone get something about food! Like...
Spaghetti!

Seriously - there's got to be a lot of stuff about Luigi and spaghetti somewhere... He's Italian!!! There must be some racially edible slurs around. >_<

Cheesewulf

Smash Cadet
-- updated with some of my stuff from my previous post --

lawls - it's amazing what you can find with a little bit of Google work. >_<

Anyone have anything else? Come on - there's got to be a lot more funny stuff out there about our eternal understudy... Someone get something about food! Like...
Spaghetti!

Seriously - there's got to be a lot of stuff about Luigi and spaghetti somewhere... He's Italian!!! There must be some racially edible slurs around. >_<
youtube poop have lots of it D:

Top Bottom