• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl! At the Mall! Official Results.

Miinja

Smash Cadet
1: Candy
2: NinjaLink
3: meep
4: NEO
5: Pyronic Star
5: Lukky
7: Speculosity
7: HAT
9: Esoj
9: Jayo
9: JCaesar
9: Chinesahh
13: Plairnkk
13: Slikvik
13: God-Is-My-Rock
13: Yoster
17: tko!
17: Boss
17: DK SmAsH
17: lion
17: baki thug
17: Shadofiend
17: __SSRT
17: snoball bob
25: DNL
25: Blob
25: Deez
25: Tantalus
25: Miinja
25: EEvisu
25: MasterMiind
25: Vist
33: Nightmare Korn Kid
33: PK roc
33: red
33: SaberStrike
33: PCD
33: Relax
33: ScarletSoldier
33: Shaabyy
33: spank
33: DV8R
33: santy
33: ctochtj
33: Ocean
33: ?????
33: Vanilla Waffle
33: B8RPE
49: krehbiel seg
49: lxin
49: l2s
49: redo
49: kou!s
49: Falcn
49: shade
49: tozh
49: Alpha
49: Chaos
49: Unkwn
49: d3lux
49: lil blk
49: jos
49: Lobos
49: 80%
65: thizz
65: qu@ck
65: retribution420
65: Tizzer T
65: jofi
65: Sunny
65: kazi
65: rah
65: DV
65: snak
65: thexcheat
65: Sky
65: bionic
65: Master
65: LXIV
65: Orion
65: Ryan T
65: what
65: Ghost
65: SMK
65: jd737
97: bouse
97: GOD
97: oyefusi

This was my frist tournament, I didn't think it would have reached as many people as it did. It wouldn't have gone as smooth without the help of Tantalus, Hat, and Chinesahh and also the people who brought setups. So thanks to you guys! Special thanks to Bouse who had recording set up on one of the setups. Can't wait to see the vids.

25th isn't so bad for my first in-person tourney.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You spelled my name right! <3<3

My name hasn't been spelled right in a results thread in like 6 months...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah Tant you always spell it right but it never gets spelled right in the official results threads.

Thanks Oath ^_^

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lol this tournament was kinda of unorganized... why post and say ur going to have teams and not have teams??? ever think ppl just show up because of teams... I ended up having to play singles and didnt want to. so I didn't try at all.

Miinja

Smash Cadet
i should've came.. but i went to Gamepad instead, it wasn't that bad though :o
How big did gamepad end up being?

Lol this tournament was kinda of unorganized... why post and say ur going to have teams and not have teams??? ever think ppl just show up because of teams... I ended up having to play singles and didnt want to. so I didn't try at all.
This tournament was actually organized. Everything started on time. I know, I appologize for doubles not happening. From all the interest I got from AiB and here on SWF, I expected no more then 40 people or so, this ended up becoming a lot bigger then originally intended (more then doubled), plus we had room for at least 4 more set ups but no one brought any more in. It would have run a little faster. My next tournament I will have doubles first, and expected start time will be 11 or 12 AM. Things will go a little better next time. This was my first tournament.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Wow dude. I think you're becoming the biggest Johner I know. Everytime I see you and you lose a friendly or touney game you always have some excuse about how you dont care and arent trying. Quit making excuses up and step up ur game!!!! Also they said they were gonna start teams after singles if they still had time. Everyone knew there was a high chance that teams werent gonna happen. I mean it started at 2 and we had to be out at 9, did u really think wed have time for 2 tourneys???:psycho:

BTW This tournament ran amazing!!! Nice job to the people running it. We got an 80+ people tourney done like in 5 hours with limited set ups. Very nice. Looking foward to ur next one.:bee:

Miinja

Smash Cadet
Wow dude. I think you're becoming the biggest Johner I know. Everytime I see you and you lose a friendly or touney game you always have some excuse about how you dont care and arent trying. Quit making excuses up and step up ur game!!!! Also they said they were gonna start teams after singles if they still had time. Everyone knew there was a high chance that teams werent gonna happen. I mean it started at 2 and we had to be out at 9, did u really think wed have time for 2 tourneys???:psycho:

BTW This tournament ran amazing!!! Nice job to the people running it. We got an 80+ people tourney done like in 5 hours with limited set ups. Very nice. Looking foward to ur next one.:bee:
THANKS ALOT!!! :D

we did manage to squeeze in crew battles.

Doubles in next one for sure!

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i feel dyslexic when i read minja's sig *head hurts* and this tourny clearly ran horribly... j/j... it did run very well... and the no friendlies and calling matches one after another went really well for making things run fast. even without doubles (and no seating) the tourny was one of the more fun torunies i have been to in a while

@esoj
i thought doubles were gonnna happen, i think i read a post that said they would happen so i thought it was guaranteed

Miinja

Smash Cadet
Thanks...p~s I didnt think you had it in you lol.

But seriously, I'm taking all suggestions into consideration for the next one I do.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
This tourney ran great! Teams didn't happen but honestly people showing up late and me entering in 20 names after the bracket could've been finished didn't help matters much. To run teams was clearly impossible. There was just no way, Miinja, Travis, HAT and I all agreed on that from the get go.

Shaabyy had the line of the day though, "You guys actually seem like you like doing this" - talking about me and HAT.

Good stuff to everyone

Now my suggestions for next time-

Doors Open: 10am is the best time.
Tournament signups: 10:30-11:30

Venue Fee: 8 bucks- 3 bucks off if you bring a setup. This should encourage more setups. Honestly, we needed more TVs, we actually had Wii's that we couldn't use at this event.

Me/HAT/Chinesahh run brackets again. I'll do seeding and have HAT double check it.

Things that were awesome about this venue:

1. Microphone Setup- other than random people standing next to the speaker with it, it was perfect. Great for calling out matches, since its wireless and right next to the PC.
2. TV for the brackets- This was great. We just need to make things bigger so people can read it easier. We can't lower the resolution though, since TIO needs 1024x768.
3. Space- we fit 80 people into roughly a third of the store. We have plenty of space available, lets use it. The higher venue fee will help accommodate the space lost.
4. The ticket/paper signups- The ticket was great, if someone's entrance was in question, and I didn't have them in the bracket, I just asked them to show me their ticket and I fixed it. It was perfect.
5. 10 setups, good for a start, lets aim for 15 for the next one.
6. Recording setup area- there was an area where this was easy to happen. I like that.
7. It's in a mall, so getting food is easy as pie.

This venue could easily be the next C3. If they keep charging 2 bucks for a soda though, i'll bring my own.

This has great promise. Miinja, why don't we shoot for Mid-late april for the next one? If we get a weekend now, you can make sure other tourneys aren't scheduled for that weekend.

Lets try and get 100 people at the next one.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Is that your john for losing to me? :laugh: Ahhh Diddy mains...

This tourney ran great! Teams didn't happen but honestly people showing up late and me entering in 20 names after the bracket could've been finished didn't help matters much. To run teams was clearly impossible. There was just no way, Miinja, Travis, HAT and I all agreed on that from the get go.

Shaabyy had the line of the day though, "You guys actually seem like you like doing this" - talking about me and HAT.

Good stuff to everyone

Now my suggestions for next time-

Doors Open: 10am is the best time.
Tournament signups: 10:30-11:30

Venue Fee: 8 bucks- 3 bucks off if you bring a setup. This should encourage more setups. Honestly, we needed more TVs, we actually had Wii's that we couldn't use at this event.

Me/HAT/Chinesahh run brackets again. I'll do seeding and have HAT double check it.

Things that were awesome about this venue:

1. Microphone Setup- other than random people standing next to the speaker with it, it was perfect. Great for calling out matches, since its wireless and right next to the PC.
2. TV for the brackets- This was great. We just need to make things bigger so people can read it easier. We can't lower the resolution though, since TIO needs 1024x768.
3. Space- we fit 80 people into roughly a third of the store. We have plenty of space available, lets use it. The higher venue fee will help accommodate the space lost.
4. The ticket/paper signups- The ticket was great, if someone's entrance was in question, and I didn't have them in the bracket, I just asked them to show me their ticket and I fixed it. It was perfect.
5. 10 setups, good for a start, lets aim for 15 for the next one.
6. Recording setup area- there was an area where this was easy to happen. I like that.
7. It's in a mall, so getting food is easy as pie.

This venue could easily be the next C3. If they keep charging 2 bucks for a soda though, i'll bring my own.

This has great promise. Miinja, why don't we shoot for Mid-late april for the next one? If we get a weekend now, you can make sure other tourneys aren't scheduled for that weekend.

Lets try and get 100 people at the next one.
I'll bring 3 TVs instead of just 2 next time. I honestly didn't think the turnout would be this crazy. But honestly, even though you guys weren't prepared for the turnout, you ran this tourney leagues better than COT4 was run. Good stuff.

Hold these more often! I don't mind if you hold one the same day as C3 or Gamepad. Even if it splits the community a little bit, this venue is much closer and more convenient for a lot of us in MD, and muuuuuch nicer than C3's venue. As long as you don't go crazy with the venue fee.

It was cool seeing so many new people!

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lol Stfu Esoj. but i guess u can call it a john but its the truth. just remind me at next toruny i go to to actually try ok lol. and Jceaser your R.O.B got extremely better i was amazed now mm for $50. and Kornnnn thats fine who you gonna use Mk??? I'll take all mms. except from crew members and ex-partners. sorry P~S. but Kornnn well do ours since i already said it.

thexcheat

Smash Rookie
65'th place isn't so bad, right? RIGHT!?!? Ha ha this was my first tournament but it was fun.
I can't believe there were that many people there.
Had an awesome time!

Next time Miinja....

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
This was my first tourney for the year (the last one I went to was in late Novemeber or early December). From what I understand, the tourney was suppose to start at 2 and end at 9. I think everyone expected about 40 people to attend. Had there been 40 people, I'm sure there would of been enough time for Teams being that everything was very organized. But w/ twice as many people as expected showing up, it is very understandable that we didn't have the time for Teams. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and there was plenty of competition. Miinja ran this tourney well. And this is his first tourney, can't wait for his next one.

Some suggestions:

1.) Try to get more set-ups. I don't think the problem is that people just don't want to help out by bring their set-ups, it's just that they're scared of it being stolen (COT4 and Chu's). Maybe if you can come up w/ a way or some kind of system that prevents people's Wiis from being stolen, we might have more set-ups.
2.) Starting the tourney at 11 would help.
3.) Keep using that microphone!!! =) Everyone heard everything, including when they were asked to stop playing friendlies.

Also, I'd be happy to help you run the next tourney.

Oh, and big props to my brothers Candy and Esoj, who finished 1st and 9th, respectively.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Glad to hear your Tournament ran well Miinja. Ours ran exceptionally well too. We had around 50 some people, not as many as yours but it was good enough for our first Tournament.

Lukky

Smash Cadet
This was fun and it ran a lot smoother than I thought it would, I just wish they weren't so hardcore about outside food lol

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
This was fun and it ran a lot smoother than I thought it would, I just wish they weren't so hardcore about outside food lol
I agree whole heartedly. I had to face 4 different levels of harrasment before I could reach the yellow tape LOL​

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
lolz I had fun...even the matches i lost....although losing 2 esoj was more fun than losing to Candy (GRRR!!!)

lol at the almost double spike on kirby

and lol at 5% 3 stocking lobos on japes

Oath.

Smash Ace
Lol Stfu Esoj. but i guess u can call it a john but its the truth. just remind me at next toruny i go to to actually try ok lol. and Jceaser your R.O.B got extremely better i was amazed now mm for $50. and Kornnnn thats fine who you gonna use Mk??? I'll take all mms. except from crew members and ex-partners. sorry P~S. but Kornnn well do ours since i already said it.
ill mm you

Top Bottom