• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you guys test something for me?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Cuz mah Wii is still broken. Check and see if Warlock Punch works like GaW bucket for momentum canceling. If it doesn't work normally, try reversing it and DI'ing back towards the stage. Kthx

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I thought the people who tested G&W bucket braking already tested all the b-moves and only found two others (yoshi's side-b and DK's up-b) that worked.

They probably didn't think about reversing the warlock punch though... but I don't think it would change much since warlock didn't work initially.

TP

Smash Master
I thought the people who tested G&W bucket braking already tested all the b-moves and only found two others (yoshi's side-b and DK's up-b) that worked.
I would not trust them. I think other ones were found after they claimed those were the only ones.

Whoever tests this, could you also test air dodge>Wizkick or Uair>Wizkick for surviving vertically? It MIGHT (but probably won't) work better than normal stuff. Thanks.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Since I have a chronic case of too much free time...

I just tested Ganon's neutral-b, side-b, down-b and up-b for stalls. None of them are effective. In fact, down-b, side-b and up-b all boost him away from the stage, though down-b kind of stops him after the initial boost, it's still not applicable.

Testing involved making a huge custom stage similar to the one in the bucket braking video on youtube and being ganon punched across the stage while DI-ing up. I then used a quick aerial (I chose u-air) and then the b-move in question. It was in special brawl in slow motion with a handicap of 60 or 70%. I restarted after a single attempt each time to guarantee no move getting stale.

I'll go back and test the vertical kill things.

Edit: I tested the vertical kill aspects. No dice. Same results as original testing. I used Luigi's up-b with ganon at a 100% handicap on the same stage. I'd love to know which "new" ones they found TP. I hate being out of the loop.

TP

Smash Master
Since I have a chronic case of too much free time...

I just tested Ganon's neutral-b, side-b, down-b and up-b for stalls. None of them are effective. In fact, down-b, side-b and up-b all boost him away from the stage, though down-b kind of stops him after the initial boost, it's still not applicable.

Testing involved making a huge custom stage similar to the one in the bucket braking video on youtube and being ganon punched across the stage while DI-ing up. I then used a quick aerial (I chose u-air) and then the b-move in question. It was in special brawl in slow motion with a handicap of 60 or 70%. I restarted after a single attempt each time to guarantee no move getting stale.

I'll go back and test the vertical kill things.

Edit: I tested the vertical kill aspects. No dice. Same results as original testing. I used Luigi's up-b with ganon at a 100% handicap on the same stage. I'd love to know which "new" ones they found TP. I hate being out of the loop.
It's a shame that this wasn't successful. The other one was Wario Bite Braking, I believe. I'm not 100% sure, though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I Down-B brake a bit. The Japanese do too.

I think it helps. SLIGHTLY. Either way I just do it if I has space cause it makes me look awesome.

Playing Ganondorf in general has made me so much better at DIing lol.

Top Bottom