• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Almo's Mass Gathering 2

Almo

Smash Ace
Presenting Almo's Mass Gathering 2! With Peachkid=D

Being held by Peachkid and Almo

BRING SETUPS PLEASE!!!! THE MORE SETUPS BROUGHT THE SMOOTHER THE TOURNEY

•Date
March 21, 2009

•Schedule
11:30 - Set Up/Enter the venue
- Brawl Doubles Begin
- Brawl Singles Start
- Brawl Singles End/Sign ups for Brawl Draft Crews
Whatever time we have left: Unresticted friendlies, Brawl Doubles, Maybe some Melee, whatever comes to mind.

*Schedule is always subject to change
*TV's will open up for friendlies as the tournament progresses.

•Entry Fees
Brawl Singles- $10
Brawl Doubles- $5 per Person, $10 per Team
Brawl Draft Crews- ??

All prizes will be paid in cash. $2 from singles will go towards paying for the venue.

•Prize pools (Singles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

•Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-50%
2nd-30%
3rd-20%

•Prize Pools (Crews)
1st- Even Split
2nd- $0

Venue

Name: Chelmsford Village Clubhouse
Address: 255 North Road
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States

Rules

-All Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes, with items set to off and none. All matches are best 2/3 except for Winners/Losers/Grand Finals which are best 3/5.
-First game is double blind, random stage.
-Second and third games, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character, then the match can start.
-No stage may be played upon twice within a set unless agreed upon by both/all players.
-Each player may select two stages to be stricken from the neutral and counter pick list, one from each. This must be done before the first match in the set.
-In the event of a dispute for controller ports, rock-paper-scissors will be used. In teams the winner will select his port, the opposing team members will select theirs, and the teammate of the winner will take the remaining port.
-You will be DQ'ed from your match if you don't play within a reasonable time. If you leave the premises you MUST tell myself or Almo.
-In the event of a tie, determine by stocks, then percent. If a tie still exists, play a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine the winner.
-If Bowser's Klaw is initiated then the win will go to Bowser. All other suicides will be sent to the tie-breaker.
-Any action that causes the game to become unfinishable (glitching, freezing) will count as a forfeit of the match for the person who initiated the action.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape Glitch is BANNED.
-Excessive stalling and planking are banned (250% rule)
-Dedede's standing infinite and Ice Climber infinite grabs are banned.
-BYOC (Bring your own controller).
-If you see someone doing something that is not permitted, please inform myself or Peachkid and we will take care of it.

•Neutrals (Set to random)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

•Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

•All other stages are banned

Any other rules I will add later

Last edited:

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I'm planning on going to this if it's not gay, and by gay, I mean all brawl.
Can I sit in a corner and play may-lay
Edit: if you need a spare hand I could give some help with some refereeing
but looks like maybe having a better turnout would help more than having another helping hand

W/E I can get up here I know this much

Almo

Smash Ace
I'm planning on going to this if it's not gay, and by gay, I mean all brawl.
Can I sit in a corner and play may-lay
Edit: if you need a spare hand I could give some help with some refereeing
but looks like maybe having a better turnout would help more than having another helping hand

W/E I can get up here I know this much
if you can bring a setup then we can run the tournament fatser/ get melee on that TV faster. yeah it's only all brawl. i don't like melee anymore. i don't mind having it on setups though.

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a brawl set-up.

I have Homebrew, so can I use the 'No Tripping' and 'More than 3 Minute Replays' codes?

Almo

Smash Ace
I'll bring a brawl set-up.

I have Homebrew, so can I use the 'No Tripping' and 'More than 3 Minute Replays' codes?
I'll probably be going to this with a few people. I will probably bring a setup!
good about setups.

and as much as i dislike tripping, so many people will want to get on that TV, and it's unfair to people who have to play with tripping. not all wii's will be hacked, so how will i decide who gets the TV with no tripping? 3 minute replay is all good though.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Almo, the simple solution is you don't.

You just assign everything normally and your players deal with it. Period. The only thing you should pay attention to as TO is where there are recording set ups. And keeping those TV's as tourney TV's as the tourney goes on so that Semi's and Finals are recorded.

If I can afford this one, I'll definatly go. Riot, teams? Or are you finally gunna kick me out after SMB2? If I go I'll have two TV's, A Wii, A power Strip and an Exstension cord probably. If I can make it.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
lol who the hell would I replace you with? Slash?

lolololollolololololololoolololololololololololololololololololololo

Sure teams sounds good!

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I could actually think of several people that would probably team with you happily.

Deoxys, Peachkid, Ether spring to mind.

I think we make a good team though, so I wouldn't want you to leave of course. I hate teaming with new people, it's always kinda awkward and weird trying to figure out roles and stuff.

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
I could actually think of several people that would probably team with you happily.

Deoxys, Peachkid, Ether spring to mind.

I think we make a good team though, so I wouldn't want you to leave of course. I hate teaming with new people, it's always kinda awkward and weird trying to figure out roles and stuff.
Ether is mah teamate bish gtfo D=<

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Well than where you yesterday at my tourney sir? HMMMM!M!!!!!

:p

EDIT: Hey you're a Peach main. I have a theory, who is your secondary, if anyone was?

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
Well than where you yesterday at my tourney sir? HMMMM!M!!!!!

:p

EDIT: Hey you're a Peach main. I have a theory, who is your secondary, if anyone was?
I wanted to go, but couldn't because it's too far and i cried a little ;_;

I backup Ness/MK, I doubt it proves you're theory tho >_______________>

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
:O

But everyone knows that Peach Mains always Second Zelda for some insane reason. Dark.Pch, Peachkid and Ether all do afterall.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
:O

But everyone knows that Peach Mains always Second Zelda for some insane reason. Dark.Pch, Peachkid and Ether all do afterall.
HAY. i second Wolf (<3) melda i use fo funorz. but i wanna learn how to use her as a solid secondary tho.....>________________________________________>

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
If this is still happening chances are I bring a good 3 or 4 people a long with me...

I hope this has a decent turn out!

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Who wants to team with me? I'm gunna wanna try teaming with someone better than me this time (or as good). I teamed with people not as good for a while when I was starting with doubles, but now I wanna see how well I do with someone equal or better to me. Who wants to? >.>/arrogant post

xXRoYXx

Smash Cadet
oh boy..any ideas on how to get their from Boston? (Or Hitch hike) My only hope is praying that Deoxis gets back from vacation before then

Top Bottom