• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Tips Thread - Vids !

Blad01

Smash Lord

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
For the luigi one, if he was coming from the other side (which is the way they normally recover) wouldn't you end up getting stage spiked, or atleast his invincibilty frames would protect him from that?

Blad01

Smash Lord
For the luigi one, if he was coming from the other side (which is the way they normally recover) wouldn't you end up getting stage spiked, or atleast his invincibilty frames would protect him from that?
LOL, how didn't I see that ? XD I was too excited about it XD
Yeah he would probably have ss the ledge... But in this case, I'm not enterely sure he would....

We have a footstool > Dair combo?
SWEET!
does it work on anybody else?
From my quick testings, no :/

I'm thinking about a Dair to FS to Dair combo... But on ROB that would be pretty hard since he isn't chaingrabbable...
Maybe on his Up B, at mid %. ^^

J4pu

Smash Champion
you know about the Marth footstool > dair I assume.
but did you know it is character dependent AND dependent on what way they are facing, AND dependent on how you DI when you footstool?
perhaps we have it against more than ROB but it is just a bit more specific.

there were a few characters that after marth footstools he has to wait a second before Dair'ing other wise it won't tip and it hits them up, I believe ROB was one of those characters, perhaps those character should be tested on more specifically.

I'll look for fs > dair tutorial link
EDIT- here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=magcZxxaO7I
start watching about 4:20

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
i heard there is a footstool dair combo against gw that will result into a laser lock, source is their matchup thread

J4pu

Smash Champion
GFSC yes it is a quite old technique that we used to think might be a true combo out of the CG, but it doesn't work out of the CG.
search GFSC (or grounded foot stool combo) in the falco boards if you want to see the thread.

J4pu

Smash Champion
yea, it seems our best chance would be Olimar since he's in the same category as ROB for Marth's FS > Dair

this would be somewhat useful since FS goes through SA frames and some Olimars use that to recover safely

J4pu

Smash Champion
wario didn't even use his 2nd jump

I'm still missing how this is better than Dthrow>Dair
I guess maybe if you mess up the spacing to the edge during the CG, but that's the only time i see using it being reasonable

Blad01

Smash Lord
wario didn't even use his 2nd jump

I'm still missing how this is better than Dthrow>Dair
I guess maybe if you mess up the spacing to the edge during the CG, but that's the only time i see using it being reasonable
Read the description ._.

Well it allows you to place the Dair if you don't have enough room for the SH dair... And it looks a bit more uncommon XD

Vlade

Social Outcast
Not sure if you've guys thought about this 'tip', but I've managed to pull it off a few times in matches.

CG > double spike. Make sure you don't fastfall the second spike by holding down before you short hop for the first spike. I'll have a vid up later, but this may already be known.

J4pu

Smash Champion
It's dangerous because against most characters (not snake which is why we do something similar to him) it isn't a guaranteed hit, they can jump and AD through your Dair, or avoid it with proper spacing, and if that happens you get edgeguarded.

EDIT
I was actually testing in that area around December
My end result was that it's better to SHDair, land on stage, turn around so you are facing into the stage, SH backwards while holding down, then Dair when they come close.
The reason this is better is because 1. You aren't using your second Dair quite as low; 2. The time it takes for you to land and SH again and start falling gets you past the time of their second jump which means now (most characters) are going to use UpB to recover. The awesome part about this is that when a character enters their UpB they no longer have the option of avoiding it with an AD and their ability to space themself away from your Dair becomes limited.

the point of turning around before jumping off is that it allows you to space yourself in such a way that you aren't in danger of being stage-spiked by an UpB and your Dair can still hit them during their UpB

Bad thing is that holding down will screw your DI if you get hit by something strong
also doesn't work on characters with multiple jumps for obvious reason that they aren't forced to use their UpB

Best characters to use this against: DK, Bowser

anyway, thats what I found out from researching that area a while ago.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah, I pulled it off a couple of times against a toon link player but eventually he caught on and airdodged.

I like that idea of landing back on the stage and then doing a non-fast fall dair at the right time. It's clever how you thought about facing backwards so we land on the stage with our firebird if we are in jeopardy.

Blad01

Smash Lord
About the double Dair Spike, I prefer to Full Hop Dair, to have the time to read the opponent, and time the Dair properly... It also allows you to land on the stage with the firebird. Look at that vid at 2:00 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkaccGPhm1E&feature=PlayList&p=8444BA96E35A84C9&index=11

(EDIT : Btw don't look at my laser game too much, I was testing the High laser + Middle Laser to a Ground Attack (Dash Attack, Jab etc). It seems to work... But it's not as good as a good SHDL apparently ^^)

J4pu

Smash Champion
I tried that one too actually Blad, but don't you think it's better to be able to adjust the timing however you want by doing a SHDair then landing back on stage and timing your 2nd SH-falling-Dair to match your opponent's recovery, rather than restricting yourself to when you fall after the FHDair?

i just tried to find what was the best overall choice, and I thought it was the SHDair> land on stage> face inwards> SH backwards non-FF-Dair when the timing is good.

But maybe doing it after the full-hop makes it less obvious you are going for it.

@Vlad actually, you're misreading what I said, you should be facing the stage when you use your Dair (to allow yourself to be spaced away from the edge to avoid stage-spikes) but you can always turn your firebird around when you use it so you can land on stage.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
If you were up a stock and going against people with small multiple jumps, do you think it would be worthwhile to CG>Dair spike and then fall and spike or Bair? Since they have smaller jumps it'd be easier to read their movements and it might force them to UpB early and possibly miss the ledge. I guess in the case of Jigglypuff she'd be pretty screwed. I noticed when MK gets spiked he goes pretty far down and his initial jumps are still canceling his downward momentum so they're pretty small and don't provide a lot of movement. Also if you saved your second jump you could still make it back.

I'm typing on a phone so my thoughts might not all be coherent...

J4pu

Smash Champion
can't CG jigglypuff, not even 2 grabs in a row.

If you mean:
(CG) SHDair> wait until they recover a little then use "my" method on characters that have multiple jumps
i just didn't think it was a good idea because if they air-dodge your 2nd Dair all they have to do is edge-guard your recovery and you die.
OR
(CG) SHDair > go straight for another Dair against characters with multiple jumps.
This would mean you die no matter what, butttt if you get the 2nd spike i believe they would die first. IMO this option is only good if you are at death percent on your last stock and they just started their last stock as a last resort type thing, if you are up a stock I would rather just play it safe and try to chip on damage so that when they finally get the kill you are up a good percent.

I actually saw some random Falco try to do it on DSF as a last resort and DSF got all scared because he didn't expect it, but the Falco missed and just fell to his death lol.

Top Bottom