• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP X - Handheld Life-Stealer (1,263 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
This is my (kinda last-minute) entry for WWYP X! Hope you guys like it!

Please leave constructive criticism in your comments! Thanks!

Handheld Life-Stealer
By Tornadith

Alchemy was not a very common profession in Tairon. Most people were blacksmiths, tailors, or had professions in some other craft or trade. For some people, though, that wasn't enough. These people became alchemists, striving every day to find an escape from normal reality and defy the rules of the world. These alchemists used many different techniques to use spells and at first, the alchemists could not contain their spells at all. These early day alchemists could make a spell, but it would have to be used on the spot. These kinds of alchemists were called “Sorcerers”. To test who the best sorcerer was, duels would be made with sorcerers using their best spells against each other to decide who won. Eventually, the top wizards made a group called the “Wizard Clan”. After a while, a new group of alchemists came wielding a new technique called “Binding”. These alchemists were able to take a spell and bind it to a rune, sealing the spell for later uses. With this ability, alchemists could combine runes to create even more powerful spells. These alchemists were called “Elementians”. There were many different types of runes and combinations, but all of the spells that alchemists used revolved around the four elements: wind, fire, earth and water. Soon, parts of the world became divided into the sections. One of the greatest elementians who ever lived was from the Brezmax, the country of wind. His name was Tornadith.
Tornadith started off his life with unusual powers. He had powers over all of the elements, not just wind. He began by using wind runes, since he was strongest at these, but than began to develop into all aspects of alchemy. His designs and combinations of runes were unheard or unseen. Soon, Tornadith became an alchemist of strong power. But, unlike some alchemists, he kept using his powers to try to find cures and remedies for seemingly unsolvable things in the world. Many people supported what Tornadith did, and soon this era became a time of prosperity. Tornadith also hired an apprentice to help him in his studies, who was named Eathen. He was from the Plintinus, the country of earth, and represented the countries starting to come together as one again. But as the sayings go, what comes up must come down.
After a while, an evil group of alchemists rose up called the “The Dark Saviors”. This group specialized in a different type of alchemy: Dark alchemy. Dark alchemy was used for horrible things and even when people tried to use Dark Alchemy for good things, it always brought evil upon the caster and the world around him. This sort of alchemy was banned, so The Dark Saviors set up isolated areas where they would practice alone. This kind of magic almost always needed a certain sacrifice. For some spells it was some energy or maybe even some blood. But for more powerful spells, it required a severe wound or in some cases, a human life.
One day in his lab, Tornadith created a rune that was extremely powerful and could only be made every few months. This rune was an extremely strong combination of all of the elements, including light and dark alchemy, to create an all-powerful rune. When Tornadith made this rune, he knew it could be put to do good or evil things. He must not let this rune get into the wrong hands. The rune he named “Omega’, after its superior qualities. This rune could kill any one person at any time. The person who activated the rune could target the person who they wished dead, and they would be killed on the spot. Tornadith first wanted to use this rune to kill the leader of the Dark Saviors, so that their terror would be slowed.
But news about Omega soon reached the Dark Saviors from spies around Tornadith. Soon, every criminal was after Omega and wanted it to kill some of the powerful leaders who were currently negotiating to bring the countries together. Tornadith soon found himself battling off attacker after attacker who wanted Omega. The attackers had no change at first, since Tornadith was also able to use spells on the spot, like a sorcerer, so he could use powers of lightning or wind to ward off his attackers. So then the Dark Saviors started working on a rune that would be able to make Omega theirs.
“Wait up!” cried a voice from behind.
“Hm?” replied Tornadith. “Oh! Come on Eathen, you got to move faster then that!”
“Sorry!” breathed Eathen “You just move too fast for me now.”
“Well, it isn’t exactly safe nowadays.”
“I guess you’re right…” Eathen mumbled. Tornadith looked up as the bells on the church rang.
“Anyways, we really don’t want to botch this up. If we complete this mission successfully, we won’t have to worry about attackers anymore, right?’ Tornadith asked.
“Right! Once you use Omega to take down their leader, they will be unorganized and Omega will be gone!”
“That’s right. I won’t ever make Omega again. It just seems to be much more trouble than it’s worth.” replied Tornadith as he looked up into the sky. “Alright. We’ve stopped long enough. Let’s keep going again.” As Tornadith and Eathen started to walk again, a voice from behind them whispered.
“Don’t move.” Tornadith and Eathen immediately turned around and got their spells ready.
“Hahaha…I wouldn’t do that if I were you…” trailed off the intruder as he stepped away from the darkness.
“The Dark Saviors!” Tornadith yelled at him.
“Correct, I would also advise that you stop casting your spells, or else you will meet an untimely end” threatened the stranger as he revealed a rune from under his cape.
“This rune could kill you instantly, so I sudgest you stop right now.” Tornadith and Eathen both looked at each other, and then reluctantly lowered their hands.
“That’s better. Now hand over Omega, or I’ll kill you. Which one of you has it?” Tornadith started to open his mouth to speak, but Eathen spoke before him.
“I have it, but I’ll never let you get it!”
“Wha-?” Tornadith trailled off as he looked at Eathen. Tornadith was the one who actually had Omega, but why was Eathen speaking up? Why was he protecting him?
“Glad to see you understand my motives.” replied the grunt as he approached Eathen.
“Now HAND IT OVER!” demanded the stranger.
“Never!” cried Eathen.
“Then take THIS!” yelled the stranger and he activated the rune.
“Nooo!!!” Tornadith yelled and he activated Omega and killed the stranger in an instant. Eathen looked horrified at the body and then angrily looked at Tornadith.
“Why did you kill HIM with Omega? Why not someone more important?
“Because he would have killed you! Besides…” mumbled Tornadith “now Omega is gone and we don’t have to worry about it any longer.”
“Hmmph. Well, don’t scare me so much next time.” Eathen pouted as he looked over at Tornadith.
“Well, everything’s fine now, right?” Tornadith asked. Eathen said yes. But in fact, Tornadith was not OK with what happened. The grusome image of the man dying right in front of him still haunted Tornadith.
“Something as powerful as that should never make its way into human hands.” promised Tornadith as he crushed the now-useless rune that used to hold Omega.
As they both left the alley-way, they both thought that everything would be going back to normal. But if they would have looked back, they would have seen a slight glow still burning in the shattered piece of Omega.

Mewter

Smash Master
Ouch. Indent and space it out a little. It looks like a wall of continuous text rather than a story.;)
"Most people were blacksmiths, tailors, or had professions in some other craft or trade. For some people, though, that wasn't enough."
I think that may work better for the beginning. It's all optional, though.
Edit: Never mind the indents. Those are impossible.

Mewter

Smash Master
Yeah. I wrote this in Word and then did copypasta, and I was suprised when the indents and spacings didn't come out.

Doesn't look that great now.

Thanks for the advice.
That happened with mine, too. I just had to go through it and space it out manually, again.
Too bad it doesn't keep the spacings where they are supposed to be. :ohwell:

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
That's really good! I suggest making an OC called Tornadith. It's really creative, and has a lot of potential.

In fact, this has inspired me to make a SM based all around Seir(Rexis' somebody) and his adventure to find his friends. I'll use standard Brawl characters, and movesets from MYM5. You really are a great writer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom