• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset Discussion #2: F tilt

Metatitan

Smash Master
Yeah i know we're movin kinda fast with these but may as well cuz the threads arent going anywhere so pple can still comment on them. Please discuss the uses of yoshi's front tilt.

Airborne

Smash Lord
it comes out really fast, yet it has an ending lag that's just annoying if you miss it... and the ability to angle is awesome... decent damage, decent range, awkward hitbox, yet very useful.... etc...
meta, you should make a thread that has links to all the moves so that we can keep track of them all.... yeah.... =P

Metatitan

Smash Master
i will after we get a good chunk of them done

as for my opinion on f tilt, yoshi's worst tilt out of the three, anything it can do the other two can do better. You need a combo move after your bair? u tilt does more damage and puts them in a better position. You need a long, fast ranged attack? D tilt works better and u can grab them after. and BOTH those attacks do more damage. I'm not saying f tilt is worthless cuz its not, its kinda like a hybrid of the two. But utilt and d tilt are just superior attacks IMO.

Airborne

Smash Lord
i will after we get a good chunk of them done

as for my opinion on f tilt, yoshi's worst tilt out of the three, anything it can do the other two can do better. You need a combo move after your bair? u tilt does more damage and puts them in a better position. You need a long, fast ranged attack? D tilt works better and u can grab them after. and BOTH those attacks do more damage. I'm not saying f tilt is worthless cuz its not, its kinda like a hybrid of the two. But utilt and d tilt are just superior attacks IMO.
if you do land ftilt though at mid-high damage, it works almost as a GTFO attack to give you a break for a few seconds. =P and if you sweetspot it, you might be able to start egging them.... i should see about that... o.O it's also faster than the other 3 tilts i believe...

Metatitan

Smash Master
if you do land ftilt though at mid-high damage, it works almost as a GTFO attack to give you a break for a few seconds. =P and if you sweetspot it, you might be able to start egging them.... i should see about that... o.O it's also faster than the other 3 tilts i believe...
jab and d smash are both better at getting the opponent out of your face

bigman40

Smash Master
Pros:
Great range and priority
Able to cover yoshi's blindspot fairly well
Has some pushback to avoid getting shieldgrabbed
Can combo a Dtilt after it usually. (if done near edge, it can setup for spike alot easier)
Hitbox is fairly useful as it's good to stop people that's in your face

Cons:
A tad laggy at the end
Range could still be a little farther

Imo, there's no point in thinking about which is the worst, as all of Yoshi's tilts have uses. Dtilt may have more range, yet it's not able to cover yoshi's whole body as Ftilt does (so if they SH an aerial right in your face, then you're screwed). Utilt can cover what Ftilt does, yet it does nothing as close to what Ftilt was meant for. Utilt covers the very top of yoshi head and doesn't have any range to cover Yoshi's blind spot. Frame data wise, Ftilt comes out faster than all of Yoshi's tilts, but it gives up barely any damage and range. However, you can't repeat the move as many times as what Dtilt can. Ftilt does a great job at pushing opponents out of your face as supposed to when Jab doesn't push them off of you enough to avoid shield grabbing, and when Dsmash can push them back, but leaves your open for too long.

@Airbourne - when Ftilt hits your opponent up close to you, it launches them up like Ftilt, and if you tip the move, then it launches them up, to the left/right.

For this grabbing after Dtilting, I need to see hard evidence that it's possible, cause I know that my friends will be able to spotdodge it if it's not really close to inescapable.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Pros:

@Airbourne - when Ftilt hits your opponent up close to you, it launches them up like Ftilt, and if you tip the move, then it launches them up, to the left/right.
omg.... and chaco has a problem with me misspelling "you" just to make parodies of slang??? (sp?)

i knew that scatz/techz, i find the knockback refreshing either way though... o.O btw, if the ftilt -> dtilt thing does work, then we need to see if we have to sweetspot it or something...

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
i better move then i first thought its kinda hard to use in close combat as theres many ways to punish it it goes along with bair good.

dsmash is reall punishable if it misses, if it were more like wolf or even meta knight there would be sumthing to smile about

Bwett

Smash Ace
A good mixup from the standard bair->utilt, bair->ftilt creates a small lag that allows the opponent to think he can drop his shield to punish after the bair. Not only that but transitions well from other moves.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Ftilt is such a great move. Fast, quick, and can set up combos.

Totally convenient. I love this move.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I like this move, too. It just makes Yoshi seem to "flow" better. I don't know if this move is better than his u-tilt, though...

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
I tend to use this and the d-tilt a lot for their range and to get the other guy out of my face

Gindler

Smash Champion
I use it on peaches in the middle of a float, and after a Bair. Otherwise I usually jab to avoid the tad of a ending lag. I also prefer it to Utilt since ftilt actually has some range.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Angleing the Ftilt is really useful and often overlooked. Angled up it allows you to catch them in the air, angled down it can catch them off the ledge. Also affects the trajectory it sends them and knocking them up can lead to other stuff.

Top Bottom