• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official MetaKnight in Brawl+ Discussion Thread

Ulevo

Smash Master
The purpose of this thread is to discuss and converse about the specifics of Meta Knight in Brawl Plus. As there are currently no character specific forums for Brawl Plus, I thought this would be beneficial. For more information about Brawl Plus, please visit this link here.

Note: This thread is purely for the competitive discussion of Meta Knight involving Brawl Plus only, and disputes surrounding Brawl Plus as a part of the Smash series, the moral rights of modifying game design, or any other related unnecessary discussion will not be tolerated. This thread is to generate constructive discussion for Brawl Plus exclusively, and I will not hesitate to report you.

Go!

Ulevo

Smash Master
Shouldn't this be in the Brawl Plus forums?
I would like to see discussion generated for every character, but one thread is too confined to allow for discussion to generate properly, and we cannot spam one forum with roughly fourty threads for each specific character. Others have already made similar threads amongst the other character boards.

Besides, this is an effective way to introduce players to Brawl Plus as well, and I believe that Meta Knight mains would have a much more precise opinion on how said character plays in Brawl Plus then the general Brawl Plus community would right now.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
He's insanely OP, in my opinion. I usually refrain from even playing him against friends if we play Brawl+. What would you like to discuss Ulevo?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
He's broken nuff said
This was my initial impression and he's doubtless still the best character in the game, but then I took into account that every character except Samus, Jigglypuff and (so I hear) Lucas is a better character.

He does now have insane shield pressure with his now even less laggy aerials and increased shieldstun, not to mention ridiculous combo's (though I heard they will be lessening this in later updates).

By the way Ulevo, I stole this basically word for word for the Sheik boards, hope you don't mind.

Ulevo

Smash Master
is he nerfed? i can already smell the dthrow combos :)
He is only nerfed in three regards. One being that his Tornado is heavy and no longer rises, and his DSmash has more ending lag. He also dies somewhere around 10% earlier overall due to his "Flimsy Armor". Everything else about his character is the same, and I am quite pleased with the way he is currently, personally. Every character has become significantly better in comparison, barring a few, so I don't feel like he is an overwhelming presence.

He's broken nuff said
Please don't spam. If you'd like to discuss something, I encourage you to do so, but this does nothing for this threads intentions.

This was my initial impression and he's doubtless still the best character in the game, but then I took into account that every character except Samus, Jigglypuff and (so I hear) Lucas is a better character.

He does now have insane shield pressure with his now even less laggy aerials and increased shieldstun, not to mention ridiculous combo's (though I heard they will be lessening this in later updates).

By the way Ulevo, I stole this basically word for word for the Sheik boards, hope you don't mind.
Why would I mind on what it is you steal from the Sheik boards? In either case, he is certainly still good, and my original impression prior to the momentum code being implemented was that he was too powerful (more so than regular Brawl). However after using him, and using the other characters, I feel that is far from the truth. He combos really well however, and is a REALLY fun character to use. Then again, so are mostly everyone else.

For the record though, when you consider the lack of lag Meta Knight had already, the new ALR wasn't really a huge impact on his game.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
Why would anyone want to play Brawl+ if the characters are so subject to change?

If I picked a character in Brawl + today, liked their moves, priority and speed and started to main them - there's nothing stopping someone from changing the 'official' brawl+ codes and nerfing my character.

No consistency leaves ppl unsure of who to pick or what to do. If a tier list ever emerges and anyone disagrees with it, all they have to do is lobby for a code change to buff their favorite character - such a thing will have the result that a tier list will never emerge in this constant flux, and since an accurate tier list will never emerge, no one will know whether the ppl crying for nerf/buff are right or not.

Remember that calls to ban MK only started almost a year after the games release - it took that long to realize what he could do. If the code set is in constant flux, there will never be enough time allowed to really see how characters stack up

shanus

Smash Hero
Vel, the codeset is almost complete (we only really need 1 or 2 more codes) and then all further changes will be completely minimal. Our intention is to have gold release within 1 month.

Then given further tournament results, we might make 1 or 2 more tweaks after a month or two. However, the goal is leave it unmodified after our balancing is near complete.

I hope this appeases your worry. Also, remember we do have a back room here on smashboards (its technically in the workshop, but its a hidden forum), so we debate changes back there so no stupid small stuff is worried about.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
ok, that's good that the code set would stay relatively unchanged, but that raises another of my concerns - after a year or so of playing Brawl+ at tournaments (assuming they ever pick + up) is that the code set would change when it became clear the current code set left some characters unbalanced.

When Brawl was first released, Meta Knight wasn't seen as anything particularly special - it took some time; my concern is that Brawl+ will change simply in a year or so because it's almost impossible (mathematically) to balance a game with that many characters

shanus

Smash Hero
Actually people thought MK was broken before the game was even released (from the tech demo they displayed). Disparities will exist in the long run, we just hope that using our current knowledge will allow for the disparities to be minimized. If something is super broken, we'd fix it, but I don't think we'd want to as it'd be that well progressed.

Ulevo

Smash Master
any vids? lol make a legit mk combo vid
I'm very tempted to, mind you. However, I only have CPUs to play at the moment, so I am sort of lacking good quality material to record. Mind, you I could still make some sweet combos, it's just the appeal wouldn't be there.

Brawl Plus Meta Knight. :)

bobson

Smash Lord
Brawl+ Metaknight?

Uair > uair > uair > uair > uair > Shuttle Loop.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Im finding that dash attack is a great combo starter, and at low percents u-tilt is a low knockback move to throw in for damage before a u-air string or f-air->shuttle loop. At some point im going tos it down and devise a list of true combos and variations depending on di
Nah. You can do that in regular Brawl.

This is more like, Dash Dance to run in Dtilt, Fthrow to Shuttle Loop.
also its more like dash dance-> d-tilt->d-throw->d-air->d-tilt->f-tilt->f-air->shuttle loop, depending on di of course.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
This was my initial impression and he's doubtless still the best character in the game, but then I took into account that every character except bowser and (so I hear) Lucas is a better character.

fixed those characters actually arent bad in brawl+ at all (sept for lucas)

aanyways metaknight in brawl+ is definately bannable he alreaddy had combos in regular brawl and now hes just too many combos for real

jalued

Smash Lord
yeah MK is basically so broken that its seeming to be pretty hard to make him worse haha. well done nintendo. oh and apparently (i dont know, i have been told) u cant change priority of moves, which is MK's main advantage. its a real prob tbh, cause doing things like making him lighter (so he dies at earlyer %) means hes just harder to combo, so ends up living for longer.

Top Bottom