• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Illuminati and other Conspiracy Theories

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I have been looking into the Illuminati ever since Deus Ex(PC and PS2) brought it up. I think it's pretty interesting.

If you don't know what the Illuminati is, it's a supposed secret organization, that died out, but there is people saying they are alive and kicking.

Some people familiar with them may think this topic is dangerous, becuase the Illuminati is dangerous but I am interested in them. I also had a game idea that was extremely close to their goals, before I heard about them( I am keeping the idea.).

So, my reason for the topic? Anyone know anything about the Illuminati or any other conspiracy theories?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Alright, due to the lack of information I'll do my best.

The Illuminati started in the 1700s(roughly). Illuminati (Adam Weishaupt-Founder, Jesuit Priest and Freemason) Illuminati name translated to "bearers of the light" - Lumen derived from Lucifer, ancient "angel of light" spoken of in the old testament.

The Illuminati had plans to unite the world in one government and destroy ALL religion. The Freemasons got involved and thus the occult part was introduced as part of the Illuminati conspiracy.

In 1963, President Kennedy killed by One World conspirators - News media reports only one gunman (Lee Harvey Oswald) - 5 bullets found from different guns. Prime witnesses for multiple gunman theory found dead or missing. Jack Ruby kills LeeHarvey Oswald - Ruby dies in jail of mysterious illness.

In 2002, President Bush dispatches a shadow government of about 100 senior civilian managers to live and work secretly outside Washington, activating for the first time long-standing plans to ensure survival of federal rule after catastrophic attack on the nation’s capital.

That's all that's really known of this group. Least from the sites I went to. I suggest going to google.com or something and searching.

deltaorange_samus

Naranja Nirvana
BRoomer
Hmm

On the subject of a conspiracy, did anyone ever hear the thoery that we never landed on the moon? I think it's BS myeslf, but you never know.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
eh illumani was real i think, it probly stopepd after kennedy. anywhey the moon stuff is a good argument . STUPID but a good argument. oh i got one... tupac never died

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I heard that one about Tupac.

I never said I think they exist, I just find them fascinating. It's also said they help fund the Axis AND Allies in World War 2 according to some site.

G

GreatSaiyaKirby

Re: Hmm

Originally posted by deltaorange_samus
On the subject of a conspiracy, did anyone ever hear the thoery that we never landed on the moon? I think it's BS myeslf, but you never know.
I believed that we landed on the moon, but it wasn't the one that was broadcasted worldwide (the flag was blowing in the wind). That would have been too risky, what if the whole world has waited thousands of years for someone to land on the moon, only to see Neil Armstrong blown to pieces by a faulty space shuttle? :crazy:

I belive that it happened, but we never saw the real thing. :)

I've heard of the Illuminati, they appeared in a cartoon once (Gargoyles) as a group who used mind control on Goliath (a Gargoyle) to try and kill Egon Packs (I don't know if he's a real person). It didn't work of couse, but do you think in real life they used mind control to get people to shoot some people who today are known to have been assassinated!?

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
The plot for the tomb raider movie was based around the illuminati
And they had some symbol of the "all seeing eye" as their logo, and it looked just like the "all seeing eye" lense of truth from Zelda...

SuperSpy

Smash Champion
About to burn down X's house, because I wasn't inv
Illuminati is weird. Sounds like some kind of evil satan thing. I haven't heard of it until now. That thing about not landing on the moon is crap. It happened. What I really wonder about is Area 51. What are they hiding? Is that where the aliens are? I heard if you go past a line that says something like no tresspassing or something, they have the right to shoot you.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The truth is there symbol is on the back of a dollar bill. I read somewhere that if you turn the pyramid upside down and place it on the other pyramid, the points of the pyramid point to the letters M-A-S-O-N as in Freemasons. I find that interesting.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
cool like the burning world trade center in the 5.anywhey area 51 i do believe as well, oh whatabout the rumor of elvis's motorcycle?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That was a weird coincidence. Sort of like the devil's face in the smoke, it's hard to say what it was.

Now, Area 51 does exist, but no one knows what goes on there. As it is a real military base and you would need HIGH classifications to get in.

I don't know what you mean about Elvis' motorcycle.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
elvis's mtorcylce is one of the lesser known urban legends. it basicly is that while in new mexico elvis brought a motorcycle at an airport for a 1000 bucks. i forgot how it went from there but people are still looking for this legendary bike. Area 51 is real, and i think aliens are too. men in balck is another consiprocy but i think there just robots.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Interesting about the bike.

The Men in Black are real, it's just not known what they do. I saw stuff about them while researching Illuminati stuff.

Aliens must exist. My General Science teacher put it best:
"In the sky we see about 1 million stars, and that is a low estimate. Say to every star there is 2 planets. If you say there is no possibilty of life out of those stars, you are a moron."

SuperSpy

Smash Champion
About to burn down X's house, because I wasn't inv
Wow. You mean there really are men in black? That is so freaky. I'm going to google to look for more conspiracy's. These are very interesting. I once found a webpage on Area 51. There was a very strange looking object, like some sort of weird tower. Your science tacher is right, those stars are millions of light years away, and they are like solar systems. They probably have many planets orbiting them too. Plus, when I take out my telescope at night to look up at all the stars, my dog goes in the middle of the yard and just looks strate up. He knows.

EDIT: How could I forget! The mothman. There were some weird things with that. Woah, some creepy noises just came out of the modem. I'm scared. I know too much!

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
yeah i did a project on mothman and the jersy devil, if you want to find out more about these dudes seach: cyprtzoology. also don't watch the mothman prohecies if yo uwant to know real information.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
We supposedly have our own "Loch Ness Monster" in Lake Champlain (one of the Great Lakes), nicknamed "Champ." I don't know, it could be real, but most likely it's not. Supposedly, a woman took a really good picture of it, in color no less, not like these Loch Ness black and white and fuzzy photos that you see. But anyway, no one knows what happened to that photo. I have a book on other (presumed) fictional creature, such as Bigfoot and such. We even have one in Louisiana! I forget his name, but supposedly he's a reptilian Bigfoot :rolleyes:. Missouri also has a Bigfoot, nicknamed "Momo" (Missouri's postal initial are MO, so it's MO Monster).

I don't know if these are actual conspiracies or not, I don't know the exact definition of a conspiracy :).

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You can't just say it's a whale creature as it's more repitian(sp) from reports. Somethings can never be explained. Such as life outside of Earth(very possible) but we can never know.

And the Louisiana monster is the Roga Rue(Spelling is wrong). It's the equivilant of the Boogieman.

Sh!ne

Smash Apprentice
bout 8 years later...

there some videos on youtube that explain what the illuminati does. i cant copy paste but just look up "esoteric agenda" theres 13 parts i think. watch if ur truly interested

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
K - normal rules say don't bump dead topics, and I agree, BUT, I got a few VMs (two...), and I wanted to give this topic a second chance.

So, you all have ONE chance to not get this topic shut down. Don't disappoint me.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I love all these conspiracy ideas. I'm an avid fan of both MonsterQuest and MysteryQuest on the History Channel. MonsterQuest recently had a special on Mothman and had numerous specials on many of the beasts in this thread. Apparently, Mothman is a harbinger of disaster. It's appearance has been linked to a collapsing bridge and even 9/11.

Have you guys heard of the Hitler Conspiracy? He escaped his bunker, left a decoy, and fled to, I think, Chile.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I enjoy listening to Conspiracy Theories about JFK. Would you possibly buy that the guard behind him shot him?
My two least favorite conspiracy theories are about JFK and 9/11. The reason I hate them so much is because they operate on falsehoods to preserve the mystery.

With JFK, Oswald was a skilled sniper from the Marine Corps (meaning he was good), who was skilled up to 200 yards, when Kennedy was only 80 yards. He was also skilled at rapid fire shots.

With 9/11, everything regarding it being an inside job is a lie.

Kantō

Smash Champion
a few Conspiracy's i ve heard of:

courtney love killed kurt cobain.

the CIA bust major drug lords, then sell their dope to other druglords and let the other ones out of jail.

aliens built the pyramids

WWII/ the holocaust never happend (this one is rediculous but some people actually belive this)

thats all i can think of right now...

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
According to "Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura", the government is building shelters for the elite in case 2010 does happen. It's not the end of the world scenario, but electricity will fail or something <.<

Skrlx

Smash Champion
According to "Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura", the government is building shelters for the elite in case 2010 does happen. It's not the end of the world scenario, but electricity will fail or something <.<
ahahaha Jesse Ventura is one funny man

government, truth, conspiracies *serious face*

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Well that would make sense really, considering that the Illuminati was based off Lucifer, who was the angel that became the devil.
Eh? The illuminati was a free thinking society founded in the enlightenment. There wasn't anything religious about it

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Eh? The illuminati was a free thinking society founded in the enlightenment. There wasn't anything religious about it
I thought CK said they were based off Lucifer the angel, but I may have misread the post.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
From my experience, the people who believe in the Illuminati conspiracy never seem to have any real evidence to back up their claims. I've heard everything from "The Illuminati was responsible for 9/11" to "the Illuminati will pave the way for the coming of the Antichrist."

As Carl Sagan once said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." These conspiracy theorists have yet to provide this extraordinary evidence. In fact, they don't really provide any evidence at all. They make a lot of ridiculous assertions, and constantly ask questions. If you can answer their questions, they just ignore your answer and move on to the next question or assertion, and if you can't answer the question, they'll assert that their conspiracy theory must be true without explaining how they know.

So they'll say something like "The World Trade Center towers could not have fallen unless their was an explosion at the base of the towers(This is a blind assertion. They provide no evidence for this claim)." Then they'll follow it with a question like "So how could the towers have fallen if the explosion was on one of the upper levels?" If you dispute their first claim they just ignore you and keep right on asserting it as if it's an undeniable fact, and if you answer their question by saying "I don't know", they'll conclude that "There must have been a conspiracy by the Illuminati." They don't really bother explaining how they know there was a conspiracy or how they know the Illuminati was responsible.

If you do try to pin them down to find out how they've reached these conclusions, you'll end up getting answers that are on the borderline of insanity. They'll say things like "9 + 11 = 20. Every month has at least 20 days in it. There are 12 months in a year. There were also 12 deciples, and if you count Jesus, that's 13. 13 is an Illuminati number. So the Illuminati is responsible!"

I'm barely exaggerating. That's pretty much exactly what they do. I guess the Illuminati is run by the Riddler or something... I think I might still have an email that I saved from a person who believes in all of this stuff that I was arguing with a while back. If anyone is interested, I could try to find it and post it here, and you could all see how crazy these people are.

So, in short, it's all pretty much BS. I guess it's fun for some people to believe it though, so more power to them.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
the CIA bust major drug lords, then sell their dope to other druglords and let the other ones out of jail.
Narcotics officers have testified that CIA is involved in the distributation of crack in impoverished communtiies.

From my experience, the people who believe in the Illuminati conspiracy never seem to have any real evidence to back up their claims. I've heard everything from "The Illuminati was responsible for 9/11" to "the Illuminati will pave the way for the coming of the Antichrist."

As Carl Sagan once said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." These conspiracy theorists have yet to provide this extraordinary evidence. In fact, they don't really provide any evidence at all. They make a lot of ridiculous assertions, and constantly ask questions. If you can answer their questions, they just ignore your answer and move on to the next question or assertion, and if you can't answer the question, they'll assert that their conspiracy theory must be true without explaining how they know.

So they'll say something like "The World Trade Center towers could not have fallen unless their was an explosion at the base of the towers(This is a blind assertion. They provide no evidence for this claim)." Then they'll follow it with a question like "So how could the towers have fallen if the explosion was on one of the upper levels?" If you dispute their first claim they just ignore you and keep right on asserting it as if it's an undeniable fact, and if you answer their question by saying "I don't know", they'll conclude that "There must have been a conspiracy by the Illuminati." They don't really bother explaining how they know there was a conspiracy or how they know the Illuminati was responsible.

If you do try to pin them down to find out how they've reached these conclusions, you'll end up getting answers that are on the borderline of insanity. They'll say things like "9 + 11 = 20. Every month has at least 20 days in it. There are 12 months in a year. There were also 12 deciples, and if you count Jesus, that's 13. 13 is an Illuminati number. So the Illuminati is responsible!"

I'm barely exaggerating. That's pretty much exactly what they do. I guess the Illuminati is run by the Riddler or something... I think I might still have an email that I saved from a person who believes in all of this stuff that I was arguing with a while back. If anyone is interested, I could try to find it and post it here, and you could all see how crazy these people are.

So, in short, it's all pretty much BS. I guess it's fun for some people to believe it though, so more power to them.

.....ok so "The Illuminati was responsible for 9/11" to "the Illuminati will pave the way for the coming of the Antichrist."

are pretty vague assertions which are really "side conspiracies" what is generally considered the Illuminati conspiracy.

infact the Bavarian Illuminati may have little to do with the so called grand conspiracy which is the orchestration of a one world government, people use the term illuminati to refer to the occult orginization that operates behind government and central banks to create a total authoritarian One World Government.

but whether or not this is still a product of the Bavarian Illuminati is irrelevant, the fact is that there is a real politcal move on towards a one world government, this is not a theory or hypothesis, and is openly endorsed by instrumental political intellectuals.

people who endorse this one world government refer to themselves as internationalists, the end of war and coalition of nations to create a utopian golden age is generally the argument for dissolution of national soverignty.

people who oppose this (i.e me,so called conspiracy theorists ,Christians,etc), are people who like freedom and don't like the idea of the world being controlled by a central government, or are deeply religious and see this unfolding of world events as the fullfillment of biblical prophecy

but it is certainly not a wild theory, it is a reality.

the luciferian antichrist conspiracy come from the beliefs of secret socities which are thought to be behind the new world order conspiracy (NWO) and orginization/members directly related to the united nations such as the lucis trust founded by Alice Bailey and people like David Spangler( Director of Planetary Initiative, United Nations)
who gives talks at the united nations and is a founding member of the findhorn foundation financed by david rockefeller

spangler has said things like "No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a LUCIFERIAN Initiation."

Lucis Trust formely known as Lucifer Publishing is a member of the United Nations Economic and Social Council, lol so you can see why people who think that this conspiracy is satanic in nature, not to mention the writings of Albert Pike commonly seen as the bible of free masonry if you believe free masons to be involved in the NWO then it has luciferian connections indeed

but yea if you think debunking 9/11 conspiracies debunks the so called illuminati you are living under a rock.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Yea i believe in them. this is a pretty vague post but i haven't looked into them enough. but America has been doin a bunch of fishy things as of late

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Narcotics officers have testified that CIA is involved in the distributation of crack in impoverished communtiies.
Can you supply anything to back this up? I don't doubt it, but I'd rather have sources that can attest to this rather than just believing it.

.....ok so "The Illuminati was responsible for 9/11" to "the Illuminati will pave the way for the coming of the Antichrist."

are pretty vague assertions which are really "side conspiracies" what is generally considered the Illuminati conspiracy.

infact the Bavarian Illuminati may have little to do with the so called grand conspiracy which is the orchestration of a one world government, people use the term illuminati to refer to the occult orginization that operates behind government and central banks to create a total authoritarian One World Government.

but whether or not this is still a product of the Bavarian Illuminati is irrelevant, the fact is that there is a real politcal move on towards a one world government, this is not a theory or hypothesis, and is openly endorsed by instrumental political intellectuals.
Again, sources help. Who are these 'instrumental political intellectuals"? What you're saying sounds reasonable, but if you aren't backing it up then it means nothing in the end.

people who endorse this one world government refer to themselves as internationalists, the end of war and coalition of nations to create a utopian golden age is generally the argument for dissolution of national soverignty.

people who oppose this (i.e me,so called conspiracy theorists ,Christians,etc), are people who like freedom and don't like the idea of the world being controlled by a central government, or are deeply religious and see this unfolding of world events as the fullfillment of biblical prophecy

but it is certainly not a wild theory, it is a reality.
I don't think you've adequately proved that. You've made a lot of bold assertions but haven't cited one source. I don't necessarily disagree with you, I just want proof.

I'm pretty neutral when it comes to any conspiracy theory. Things can sound convincing, like 9/11 being an inside job, but at the end of the day I'm not going to preach it as gospel. The thing is, chances are I'll never know enough to be able to determine whether or not a conspiracy theory is true. So I figure I might as well not worry about it. But they're interesting to listen to. :p

Top Bottom