• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

im done melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
It was a very fun time but I'm done now, I'm no good anymore I'm just good cuz I was smart and know random stuff about the game but it's not the same anymore and I'm not what I used to be. I can't play fox anymore since I don't have a good fox controller anymore. If someone wants to give me one that I like I'll be thankful and return to the game. The one I was practicing for March 7th for was actually really good, about a week or two before the tourney and before that it was great, and I'm almost positive I could beat anyone with it the way it was then. The last few days it was getting worse and after teams during the tourney I couldn't use it well anymore because it wouldn't let me reverse laser more than like 1/4 times. I would just get stuck in my turning-around animation. It also has a light shield problem sometimes (very rarely but RayenX noticed it too without me pointing it out to him) and the C stick makes me Uair or Dair like 1/10 times that I try to do a Fair/Bair. I had RayenX try it too and he said the same thing, that it had a lot of problems, just to make sure it wasn't just me. I tried RayenX's controller and it was amazing and so easy to be technical with. I feel too limited, so I can only play Marth and Sheik now. I'll never beat Mango with Marth or Sheik unless I get much better and play extremely patient and even then I'll still lose. It's depressing. I really believe controller impacts melee (with some characters) way too much which is why I'm done most melee tourneys now until I can get a good one or in rare cases when there isn't anything good else to go to and it seems like by far the best choice. I used tec zeros backup controller the entire tourney that he was gonna give to spam, and I have to give it to spam since that's the only fair thing to do (I refuse to keep it even if he lets me because that would be wrong so I have to / am giving it to him) and it was okay although I didn't really get time to get used to it much but I got 2nd with it. It's not nearly as good as how my old ones let me move. I tried playing Fox, but I just sucked and got ***** (SHDL does not require a good one). Even if I did get amazing I'll just suck in tourney like I always do, and no one wants to play me either. Anyway, I don't feel like getting a new one to break in because I don't have the inspiration to do that anymore. If anyone wants to help I'll be glad and willing, but until then I won't be at half the events that I used to (I will still go to Melee + Brawl stuff and enter both). This will mostly only impact people around this region (but in a good way), but I'm sure most of you will be happy not to see me since no one hardly ever wants me to win anyway.

Looking beyond that I had a lot of fun. Starting from testing frames out of curiosity (I never used AR, I spent like probably nearly 1000 hours on my stat tests combined probably because I'm a dummy and a loser lol), this game was extremely fun from a competitive standpoint, it was the best game I have ever played in my life. I'll never forget all the good times the game gave me and all the cool people I met because of it. Going from a random nobody, "Stat Master" I called myself since I made a huge list of stats for that game as just a hobby for fun, I learned the game very fast I think. I started in Feb 2005 fighting Zanguzen and Wes at my first tourney and got *****, and I went to tourneys once every 3 or 4 weeks I think from then. I was able to beat him later that year, but before then I got ***** by him again at GS2, a tourney in summer where I was pretty dumb but it was really fun watching everyone play. I even got to play Ken and see cool people I talked to on aim like Mow. They both 4 stocked me handily though =\. I got 23rd. In 2006 I got better and managed to take a set off almost every pro except Chu and PC, and then in 07 I became the best in the world. I mostly taunt myself by playing computers. I memorized some %s for things such as Marth's Chain Grab, such as 0-16 for up throw if they don't DI and I don't need to move, while it's 20% for no DI and 28% for back DI. While this may vary EXTREMELY slightly (mostly from exact timing or the way the body moves or fractions of %s that the move does and stuff) it's pretty good to keep in mind. I made up a LOT of random stuff myself, I probably couldn't keep count, although I'm sure lots of players nowadays do that too. I did similar tests with a lot of the stuff I made up (and used some of it to make comebacks in tourneys so it turned out to be useful), to make up for my lack of being able to practice vs people (outside of tourneys). This left me developing very bad habits but my prime at the game was still very good I think. Because of Brawl and controller issue, I don't think I'll ever get to my prime again, although you guys will probably hate me for saying this but I don't think most of you know how good I actually used to be since 90%+ of my youtube stuff is absolutely horrible imo (and most people who knew me would agree). Anyway, I'd say about like 95%+ of my play time at least was just playing alone, mostly for self entertainment. Also when I started, I wanted to be the best, but I never got to play anyone so it never could happen. I was determined to practice anyway though because I wanted to reach my goal, and that I thought was a fun challenge. Determination is the most important thing in reaching something. I think most people, as long as they are smart enough, and determined enough, can do what I did. If people tell you otherwise don't listen to them. That is what I believe right now. If you guys want help to get better I can teach some of you, although I'd highly prefer it if people visited it's not like I can force anyone as I live in New Jersey (practically Philadelphia PA though). I've been getting tired of this game lately anyway. It is really fun but it's not fun when you have to stay in shape when no one will visit you. Playing computers is not something I can really do anymore I get too bored (it's been that way for over a year but especially more so now).

That whole 2nd paragraph isn't related to the 1st, just there for those curious. If people want me to I could still help them on aim (I am always on invisible, ooVideoGameGodoo) with random questions sometimes (if I'm there I will respond otherwise I won't as I leave my aim on like all the time even when I'm sleeping or at college). I have done this for many years just to be nice to random people, and to spread knowledge that I knew. It was all with good intentions, although honestly I don't know why I did it or why I continue to do it since I gain nothing from it. I guess it's like giving to charity or something, and leaving behind something for those that wanna improve, and also to make sure my knowledge doesn't go to complete waste. Anyway, yeah that's about it. Unless someone wants to give me a good fox controller I could use (I'm not forcing anyone obviously it's just I don't like the game if I can't be technical and I don't think I can ever beat mango without him either), as well as people around here actually visiting once in a while, you guys probably won't see me half as often as you used to unless it involves rare situations where there's clearly no better choice or a Melee + Brawl tourney. Later! It's been fun.

old site backup (really old site but I tested a lot of things so it should be really interesting SOMEONE post this on megaupload or something I don't feel like it right now) - http://rapidshare.com/files/208205272/M2K_Website.doc.html

Mega-Maze - http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/554/megamazevz1.png (spent 200 hours on this, as a hobby as a kid)

wish I could show you videos of my other stuff like F-Zero GX but my memory card stuff got stolen with my wii months ago so I never got the chance to show anyone

if anyone wants to send me a good controller please PM me or send me an aim ooVideoGameGodoo

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
:( Noooooooooooo, you can't quit! Ever since I started playing Melee, every time I played you I was reminded about how much better I could get at this game. I remember I got good at playing teams from one day playing with you, Magus, and Atomsk. You shouldn't just quit because you think you can't beat Mango with Marth or Sheik :(.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Melee will miss its King

I remember when i first met you and thought you were and *** XD, but i learned your one of the coolest people i know XD

D

Deleted member

I'm still your biggest fan. Literally. I'm huge.

I'm still coming over to your house randomly lol.

soap

Smash Hero
I'd figure it would be fun to actually have a rival that can beat you. You know, like a goal to work towards.

Who else from the old generation still plays? I mean really plays. PC?

Next gen has gotta step it up for genesis i suppose.

Ismael

Smash Ace
When you first started and sucked you still tried and went to tournaments and got better until you were godly. It's amazing that you lost all that percerverance over a controller.

No johns...

Cia

das kwl
I DON'T WANT TO QUIT I JUST WANT a GOOD SENSITIVE CONTROLLER I CAN USE FOX WELL WITH

THAT WAS THE MAIN POINT OF THIS THREAD

if that can't be reached though then I probably will not go to nearly as many things
i have like 8 controllers, most of which aren't even broken in. with some cactuar magic, we should be able to get a nice controller for you. until then, stop w. the emo. you aren't going anywhere.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Lol Jason. I already told you I'd get you a controller.
So no more b!tching.

(Nice Mega Maze.)

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
cry cry, pro pro. people are giving you controller and if the point of this thread was not to quit but rather get someone to get you a fox controller then don't state that you're quitting. fool

dont quit T.T

*_-Fire-Ghost-_*

Smash Rookie
in a decade mew2king is going to be a homeless man found on street corners, his mind completely gone, mumbling about the perfect fox controller that he let slip away

Transient

Smash Cadet
Do you want us to call the WHAAAAAAAAAAmbulance for you?

Seriously though, M2K, it is my dream to get ***** by you at Genesis. Please come to that at least. I will give you my controller for you to test out against me. And if you like it you can keep it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom