• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I believe it's one of the codes or textures you currently have in place. Try removing the textures first, then codes that are not in Brawl+'s current official codeset. The Clone Engine produced by Almas is known to cause this error sometimes.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
thx for your help although I Just tried downloading the Brawl+ PAL package and saved it to my SD card, but still no hacks, although it doesnt freeze anymore.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Im having a lot of troubles with texture hacks right now and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I made all the folders and put them in the right spot and I named the folders right and I got textures but for some reason its not working. Gecko OS is in the apps folder but nothing shows up on my homebrew screen. I dont fully understand the code process but I made a code folder were the guide told me to and made a new text document and copy and pasted the NTSC code into it. Help?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Ok, maybe you guys have already caught this, but you only need the pcs files for ANY character with the latest B+. I tried pac's with Samus, and they didn't work when I loaded them, but the pcs's did. Same with PT and ZSS. Hope this helps a few of you!

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Androu1's Tool link is busted, fyi.

I finally got my Brawl+ to even work right (**** SDHC card). Rightnow its late and i need to get to bed for work tomarrow, but im going to try this out tomarrow cuz Battlefield/Final Destination are my main maps but the music is old....anddry.... ty for the tips

herbieizzle91

Smash Rookie
so i just recently hacked my wii and im not too sure on how the hacks work. like i added the unlimited replays, replay for longer than 3 minutes, and tags in replays hack and it doesnt work. it only works when i go into my photo album and look at the messed up picture on my sd card (which activates my brawl+) but some of my other hacks work without brawl +, like texture hacks...is there any way i can set up codes without activating brawl +? sorry if i sound noobish

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
so i just recently hacked my wii and im not too sure on how the hacks work. like i added the unlimited replays, replay for longer than 3 minutes, and tags in replays hack and it doesnt work. it only works when i go into my photo album and look at the messed up picture on my sd card (which activates my brawl+) but some of my other hacks work without brawl +, like texture hacks...is there any way i can set up codes without activating brawl +? sorry if i sound noobish
You know that messed-up picture on your SD card? It was created from a ".gct" file, which is essentially an encoded text file that contains codes. The .gct can contain ANY codes, so you can create a version of it that has the File Patcher codes but doesn't have Brawl+.

Since you're activating codes with a snapshot, that must mean you're using GeckoOS and a "Activate Files with Snapshot" code. But here's the real kicker: If you don't want to use Brawl+, then you don't need to use the screwy snapshot at all. Just create a new .gct file with only the codes you want to use, put it on your SD card, and run it with GeckoOS. Don't use the "Activate Files with Snapshot" code and remove the messed-up snapshot from your SD card.

The snapshot is only necessary because Brawl+ uses more codes than GeckoOS was designed to handle, so you have to circumvent GeckoOS in order to play Brawl+.

falc-own-PAWNCH

Smash Rookie
For some reason, mine won't work.
I have the file.
The file is "CaptBlue03.pcs" it's in the right directory, which was made when I got the latest form of Brawl+ but it won't work. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
For some reason, mine won't work.
I have the file.
The file is "CaptBlue03.pcs" it's in the right directory, which was made when I got the latest form of Brawl+ but it won't work. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?
it needs to say FitCaptain03.pcs and make sure its not an SDHC card like i was having a problem with.

Shadrio

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, thanks for the guide and everything, but how long is the "Applying" part supposed to take? I've seen other Wiis during tournaments take only a while (that, or my memory isn't helping me right now). That, and is it possible to utilize the Smash Stack or Bananarbomb (or something like that) method to apply these textures?

I've tried it both ways (the guide's way and trying to use the Smashstack [or whatever that new method is called, the one that uses a "hole" in the Stage Editor to do the same thing, used for Balanced Brawl] method), and both have their problems. The guide's method leaves me stuck on the "Applying" screen, and the Balanced Brawl method give me a black screen with a bunch of numbers and doesn't load anything.

The reason I want to do this, though, is to mix Balanced Brawl and a personal selection of character textures into one .gct file, which I managed to do. But once I got Geckos 1.9 reading the SD card (not a SDHC card) and had the RSBE01.gct (yeah, my Wii and Brawl are both American) file I made to hold both all of Balanced Brawl's stuff and my Texture swaps read, it booted life it normally would with Balanced Brawl, but when I tested the swaps, no change had occured. I followed the guide to every little detail, tried again and the same thing occured. Then I tried without Balanced Brawl in the .gct and it threw me that black screen with errors and such.

I put the character folders in the right directory (E:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter), exported the right .gct file (the American version) and it fails either ways, especially the way done on this guide. Does having my Wii on 4.2 mean anything? Either way, I can still get Balanced Brawl to work using that new method, but not the textures.

Here is my Personal Texture Selection Folders just so you can see if anything is wrong or not, though I don't see anything wrong...

Anyway, I hope I can get some help in this ASAP, I spend a loooot of time choosing those textures (mainly because I would keep forgeting which was which =P). Hope someone can help me with this ^_^

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Why not just ask him?

Also, there are two alternatives to making brstms as well...

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
I have two quick questions about the music replacement code.

1) Is the code already part of the Brawl+ codeset? (I know the texture replacement is)

2) Does the code permanently change the music files, like UTDzac's music swap code? Or does the code have to be active for the files to be replaced, like the texture replacements?

@Shadrio -

Are you trying to create your own textures? If so, you'd probably be better off posting on StackSmash or KittyCrop or something. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "the 'Applying...' part"

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
So, I think I have a problem with my SD card. Today, I was working with getting a new SSE level and replace a model for the beamsword, and I went to test it, and it froze at the Strap warning. After an hour of messing with it, I deduced that I had accidentally activated the 4.0 beta file replacement. I turned that off, it still froze. After another half hour, it turned out that the current 3.5.1 version is freezing me at the strap loader.

Basically, I go through Gecko, get started, and it won't load past the strap loader. It doesn't give the beep freeze or anything, it just doesn't load. It doesn't do this with any other codes, if I have the file replacement code off, but even if it's alone it will freeze.

I realize this probably didn't make sense. Basically: File Replacement stopped working. It worked yesterday. Why?

Is there some way to fix this?

mobilisq

Smash Ace
something youre trying to replace is either the wrong size or wrong format for brawl to properly display. think of the most recent stuff you added and make sure it belongs where it is.

that in mind can anyone tell me how my images have to be formatted to work properly with the stage select screen?

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Hey guys, thanks for the guide and everything, but how long is the "Applying" part supposed to take? I've seen other Wiis during tournaments take only a while (that, or my memory isn't helping me right now). That, and is it possible to utilize the Smash Stack or Bananarbomb (or something like that) method to apply these textures?

I've tried it both ways (the guide's way and trying to use the Smashstack [or whatever that new method is called, the one that uses a "hole" in the Stage Editor to do the same thing, used for Balanced Brawl] method), and both have their problems. The guide's method leaves me stuck on the "Applying" screen, and the Balanced Brawl method give me a black screen with a bunch of numbers and doesn't load anything.

The reason I want to do this, though, is to mix Balanced Brawl and a personal selection of character textures into one .gct file, which I managed to do. But once I got Geckos 1.9 reading the SD card (not a SDHC card) and had the RSBE01.gct (yeah, my Wii and Brawl are both American) file I made to hold both all of Balanced Brawl's stuff and my Texture swaps read, it booted life it normally would with Balanced Brawl, but when I tested the swaps, no change had occured. I followed the guide to every little detail, tried again and the same thing occured. Then I tried without Balanced Brawl in the .gct and it threw me that black screen with errors and such.

I put the character folders in the right directory (E:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter), exported the right .gct file (the American version) and it fails either ways, especially the way done on this guide. Does having my Wii on 4.2 mean anything? Either way, I can still get Balanced Brawl to work using that new method, but not the textures.

Here is my Personal Texture Selection Folders just so you can see if anything is wrong or not, though I don't see anything wrong...

Anyway, I hope I can get some help in this ASAP, I spend a loooot of time choosing those textures (mainly because I would keep forgeting which was which =P). Hope someone can help me with this ^_^
This is your problem:

The reason I want to do this, though, is to mix Balanced Brawl and a personal selection of character textures into one .gct file, which I managed to do.
GeckoOS can only apply 256 lines of code at a time when you use it from the Homebrew Channel. I haven't played Balanced Brawl myself but I assume it uses far more codes than that. When you add the File Patcher on top of that, GeckoOS gets fed up and goes on strike.

is it possible to utilize the Smash Stack or Bananarbomb (or something like that) method to apply these textures?
Yes, and SmashStack would probably be more useful, since Bananaramabomb is something you'd only need if you didn't have the Homebrew Channel installed on your Wii. The SmashStack method would involve opening up the Homebrew Channel, loading GeckoOS, booting Brawl from it with only the File Patcher turned on, then using SmashStack inside of Brawl to load Balanced Brawl.

There's a fourth option, though: loading codes from a snapshot.

The program "Brawl+ Tweaker" allows you to take GCT files and turn them into snapshots. When you view these snapshots in Brawl, any codes in the GCT file will be applied.

So what you would do is, take all your Balanced Brawl codes and turn them into a snapshot. Remove all the other snapshots from your SD card and put this GCT snapshot on it. Make sure it is the only file in the Snapshots folder on your SD card.

Make a second .GCT file with the File Patcher code and with these codes:

Code:
GCT Loader [Phantom Wings]
* 20BDE868 805A8080
* 285A8584 00FF0000
* 045A83D0 00000009
* 045A8408 80570000
* 025A832C 00410000
* 065A832B 00000010
* 52534245 30312E67
* 63740000 00000000
* 005A8584 00000001
* E0000000 80008000

Execute GCT [Y.S, Phantom wings]
* 20570000 00D0C0DE
* 20570004 00D0C0DE
* 04001848 80570008
* 64000000 00000000
* E0000000 80008000
Put this second .GCT file into the usual codes folder on your SD card and boot Brawl from the Homebrew Channel and GeckoOS. Once Brawl is booted, go view the GCT Snapshot in the Gallery (just look at it and then exit) to activate the Balanced Brawl codes.

This method has its own share of problems, of course. For one thing, you CANNOT put the File Patcher Code into the GCT Snapshot! This will cause conflicts between the codes. A good number of bugs and glitches have also been discovered while using it (sometimes not all of the codes will be applied, sometimes they will be applied but will act weird, etc.). I've used it myself and it worked fine, but your mileage may vary. Still, it's worth a (snap)shot, right?

P.S. Human error might be contributing to your woes. It sounds like you've messed with the codes in your .GCT a lot, so you might've messed up with the copying/cutting/pasting at some point. Stop using that GCT and make a new one.

Codes are finicky. Human error can cause them to fail easily. It's obnoxious and annoying but that's how the Smash Ball shatters.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
"For one thing, you CANNOT put the File Patcher Code into the GCT Snapshot!"

I don't think this is correct I tested it with a replay first with the file replacement code in the initial .gct I loaded brawl+5.0 and played a match and saved a replay then with the file replacement code in the snapshot I played back the replay and it was perfectly synced

If their was even a slight difference the replay would have desynced

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
I figured mine out. My common3.pac that I had just made was the problem. Now I just need to fix it. >.<

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I have two quick questions about the music replacement code.

1) Is the code already part of the Brawl+ codeset? (I know the texture replacement is)

2) Does the code permanently change the music files, like UTDzac's music swap code? Or does the code have to be active for the files to be replaced, like the texture replacements?

@Shadrio -

Are you trying to create your own textures? If so, you'd probably be better off posting on StackSmash or KittyCrop or something. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "the 'Applying...' part"
Ok, if you're referring to file patch 3.5.1 (required for music, does textures also) I can help

1. 3.5.1 is in the latest B+ codeset, HOWEVER it does not have the custom stage freeze code, so it freezes at the SSS when you play. Make sure you add that code to the set using codemanager.

2. The code must be in your codes folder at the root of the SD, and it'll replace whatever brstm's you may have. It also will implement custom song titles, if you know how to do that.

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how to edit the background color of stages, such as the sky in Rainbow Cruise? I would like to know the complete process on how to do this. (I'm trying to change RC's sky blue to a very dark blue.)

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
do you know how to edit textures at all? i'm not trying to be mean, just like to know your amount of experience with textures and all.

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I do. The only things about textures I don't really know are what the various image types mean, like CMPR, RGB5A3, all that stuff.

I even have ]EE['s (now pretty much useless) texture hacking guide from way back when, lol.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
oh ok then, either whip out stash or brawlbox, and open up that stage texture pac (STGDxCruise I think it is?). find the sky image and edit that, save it and put it back together.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
As a part of the sticky overhaul, we're merging this thread with the Texture Database right now, which means after many months, this topic is being unstickied and locked.

If you want to know how to use textures, or places to download textures from, refer to the Texture Thread here!

For any other type of texture hacking help (codes, etc), refer to the Brawl Hacking Support Thread sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom