• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Moveset Discussion #3: D Tilt

Airborne

Smash Lord
i <3 dtilt!
comes out at a moderate speed and has the longest range of yoshi's physical moves
it's a great move for when the opponent is attempting to return to the stage from the side at a ledge grabbing height.
that's all of my input for now. =P

Metatitan

Smash Master
d tilt..... i love it xD

what i copied from burntsocks <3 is jab cancel to d tilt to grab, i dont think its a true combo but it works pretty well

Thunderfoot

Smash Cadet
You can get a d-tilt in after a jab-jab on folks with low percent.
It semi-spikes, which is good for ledge games, but people can tech right infront of you with champion DI.

bigman40

Smash Master
Pros:
Good against characters that like to stay grounded
Long range
Can setup for an edgeguard easily

Cons:
Opponents can just stay aerial to make the move semi-useless

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Is it possible to gimp characters trying to sweetspot with downtilt? I've done it once or twice before, but I'm not sure if they just aren't sweetspotting the ledge properly or not. It has so much horizontal range it seems to work sometimes.

Also I've noticed that after that jab- down tilt setup, it creates a decent tech chase situation if you are ready for it since sometimes it makes your opponent bounce on the ground.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Yeah, against characters who don't sweetspot the ledge with their recovery, and puts you in a position to gimp them even further, provided it be a nair or fair.

And you'll love Jab -> Dtilt, Edreese.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Dtilt is amazing.
Its quick, long and very useful.
It serves as the best way to outrange people on the ground. It also can work against aerial opponants and moves that hit higher up, Yoshis crouch allows him to dodge quite a few aerials and punish with Dtilt.
It also works really well as a gimp on the ledge and catching people on the ledge. And it pokes shields pretty well.
Carefull with Jab Cancel > Dtilt as Im fairly sure it gets powershielded.

Top Bottom