• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Match-up Discussion #7 - Luigi (Rediscussion)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
This thread has been recreated for the sake of an editable first post for the OP, and so that it could symbolically be a 'clean slate' to rediscuss the match-up at hand, which is Luigi.

The first discussion was amongst only fellow Toon Link users. There was an absence on input from Luigi mains.

As such, we have decided to review the match-up at hand.

Luigi

Ratio: 50:50 Even

Synopsis:
Coming like...when you believe.

Onward!

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
All I can say is

Too...

Much...

PRIORITY!!!

Honestly, what's with that fair, desuka?

It's nor fair imo.

Arrow spam is my only idea, desu.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Hm, you guys discussed maybe much earlier in the early days of brawl that was like 4-6... I only played NL's TL... all I can say is... projectiles/Zairs... But I need better matchup experience... anyone care to wifi for exp? (PM me plz, and im pretty sure most TLs havent played a luigi at all <3)...

Possibly, 45:55 TL or 50-50 IMO. IIRC Tl's most of his crap is disjointed.. TL pretty much is gonna have a hard time looking for a ko, but easier time to gimp.. while luigi will have probable early lead in terms of kos and probably a moderate gimping process on TL...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Luigi closes gaps way too fast.

Forst forget arrows. =/

Well not arrows, but SHDA.
bumb pull -> quickdraw is much better since you need bombs to stop hit fornado.

When Luigi hits you at low percentages, gtfo of there because he'll combo you.

Luigi's recovery is a little easy to spike. >_>

His Fmash kills way too early.
Don't get hit. D=<

His Up-B kills even earlier.
DON'T GET HIT. DX<

But his jab combos into Up-B. ._.
So you have to DI away from the jab desperately to avoid the Up-B.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I say luigi vs TL is even (50.50). Luigi can kill us extremely fast. He also racks up damage faster than we do, which is pretty fast. But we can out camp them, and gimp there recoveries. But if the luigi knows how to fight TL, it can be a real problem.

Santi

Smash Lord
Don't grab imo

it's not worth it because if you miss..... you will eat an UpB

ummmmmmm

bombs are where it's at like what was previously said.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Don't grab imo

it's not worth it because if you miss..... you will eat an UpB

ummmmmmm

bombs are where it's at like what was previously said.
pivot grab is better espically against luigis dair approach since you really cant punish it.

Luigi closes gaps way too fast.

Forst forget arrows. =/

Well not arrows, but SHDA.
bumb pull -> quickdraw is much better since you need bombs to stop hit fornado.

When Luigi hits you at low percentages, gtfo of there because he'll combo you.

Luigi's recovery is a little easy to spike. >_>

His Fmash kills way too early.
Don't get hit. D=<

His Up-B kills even earlier.
DON'T GET HIT. DX<

But his jab combos into Up-B. ._.
So you have to DI away from the jab desperately to avoid the Up-B.
His jab essentially goes through anything. You can DI out w/o getting hit of upb since you can hit by a jab , i just forgot which direction tho. Magus should know. whats does bomb pull, quick draw, and SHDA mean? lol sorry i dont know TL lingo >_>.

Your arrows clank with our tornado. Out of my experience, arrows aren't much of a problem but when combo'd into bombs/zair but then again, the cloest TL i've fought was NL.

Bair ***** Luigi, no lie.
IIRC, luigi's bair outranges his bair or most likely trades off with it, which is most likely the cases.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Bomb pull is down-B. It means take a bomb out (you pull it out of your bomb bag).

Quick draw is when you shoot an arrow just above the ground to cancel the boring shooting animation and skip straight to that awesome arrow. lol.

SHDA is Short Hop Double Arrow. It's when you shoot an arrow as you rise from a short hop then quick draw another one.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
"pivot grab is better especially against luigis dair approach since you really cant punish it."

Thats really easy to punish.

And if arrows clank, and we already have a bomb out from the bomb pull -> arrow, then we're already at an advantage at that point.

Lobos

Smash Master
One of the match ups where I don't try to grab as much for obvious reasons.

Spam only works at a distance and that gets shut down pretty easy.

Luigi is good on any stage with platforms.

We do have openings for when they are off stage tho, just watch out for a charged forward B.

Remember once we reach 40% upb will kill us!!! So watch out for laggy moves.

Tiersr4Queers

Smash Apprentice
:\ aww luigi, irraitating match up.
Watch out for is nair it will kill at unexpectant times
His dair spikes BUT its not likely he'll spike u everytime with it becuz whn u see him do a dair u'll notice a ring around his hands.. DON'T let ur feet be above the ring otherwise its a spike...he can also combo it into a nair after the dair. They will use their fireballz, dnt get to close to the edge if luigi is hanging by the edge...he can fire ball runs twrds u up B. Since his fireballs stun he's good at setting up early kills. His up tilt rax up damage very quick he juggle u very easily after the up tilt they'll usually go for up airs one or 2. His dwn b helps him recover which gives u tha oppurtunity to spike. But his dwn b can stage spike and kill you whn ur above his arms in the air, like meta's nado kill for star k.o. As santi mentioned earlier watch out for his up b PLEASE!! WATCHOUT 4 IT. If u miss a dwn air landing on the ground thats up b. If ur done doing up b on ground thats up b. Basically any move that lags. Such as throwing ur boomer, and whn it comes back tl stops only unless ur charging a smash, arrow..blah blah blah. they use their dwn smashes in combos to likely rack up more damage such as jab jab dwn smash. His up smash *****, considering he can hyphen it and slide and catch u off guard. Dnt hit the back of his head it does even moar damage. Oh my friend plays luigi and he uses his up b whn i throw him or attack him in the air he says its spacing personally it annoys the crap outta me. Yea watch out for that anyways. Well tats it i guess i hoped this info helped. :D

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
"pivot grab is better especially against luigis dair approach since you really cant punish it."

Thats really easy to punish.

And if arrows clank, and we already have a bomb out from the bomb pull -> arrow, then we're already at an advantage at that point.
I was talking from grabbing perspective lol. From watching Lobos vs Boss the pretty much n (usual for matchs 4 luigi =.=) is if TL has room barrage of projectiles wins and if luigi gets inside then u know the rest lol. (still willing to wifi any TLs for match exp >.>

Top Bottom