• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chudat's Invitational Bi-Weekly, March 14, 2009-Brawl,Melee, and Brawl+

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Melee Teams

1st- Omni(Shiek) and Umbreon Mow(Zelda/Shiek)

2nd- Wife(Peach) and Hat(Shiek)

3rd- Chudat(Kirby/Ice Climbers) and God-is-my-Rock(G&W/Fox)

4th- Jcaeser(G&W/Falco) and Toasty(Ness/Fox)

Brawl Doubles

1st- Omni (MetaKnight) and Candy(Snake)

2nd- Neo(Marth) and Hat(Kirby/Snake)

3rd- Chudat(Kirby) and God-is-my-Rock(G&W)

4th- Boss(Mario/Luigi) and Gonzo(Kirby)

5th- Meep(Marth/IceClimbers/D3?) and Kadaj(Marth)

5th- JCaeser(ROB) + Toasty(ROB)

8th- Jose(Diddy/D3) + Famous(Mario/Luigi)

8th- Aposly(Pokemon Trainer) + MattyP(Toon Link)

Brawl Singles

1st- Omni(MetaKnight)

2nd. Meep (IC's)

3rd. Chu (Kirby)

4th. NEO (Sheik/Zelda)

5th Kadaj (Marth)

5th Boss (mario, luigi)

7th GIMR (G&W, Falco)

7th Famous (mario, luigi)

9th Jcaesar (ROB)

9th Gonzo (kirby)

12th ESOJ (diddy

I don't know the rest seeing as I don't have the tourney file. I only have the sheet with all of the other tourney data on it so if I get anything wrong please correct me.

Brawl+ Singles(We didn't have enough time for teams)

1st- God-is-my-Rock(G&W/Peach/Samus/Fox)

2nd- Jcaeser(ROB)

3rd- Gonzo(Kirby)

4th- Meep(Icies)

5th- Aposl(Charizard/PT)

5th- Sage(Ness)

8th- Chudat(Captain Falcon)

8th- ThunderHorse(Falco/???)

Rikana

Smash Champion
****. Charizard's up there. I'm happy. But we won't know how it's gonna be like in the future. Awesome job spreading it Godismyrock.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So yeah Brawl + i don't get it

Why not just play melee

people complain "blah blah brawl boring" and then they go to all this work to hack it

when they could just play melee

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
So yeah Brawl + i don't get it

Why not just play melee

people complain "blah blah brawl boring" and then they go to all this work to hack it

when they could just play melee
Dude, don't forget that people were on a website for a year waiting until 2AM to read the upadates for Brawl. They didn't get what they had anticapated for so long. people don't want Melee, they wan't what they thought brawl should of been. Melee is awesome, but it's 7 years old.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
A Brawl+ tourney?

Too good.

The destruction of the Smash scene continues.

MuBa

Smash Lord
A Brawl+ tourney?

Too good.

The destruction of the Smash scene continues.
Lol nuuuuu. We are not trying to advocate players to forget Brawl and convert to Brawl+.

Whoever was the idiot that started the whole "Destruction of the Smash Scene" bullcrap really needs to shut up cuz it's not going to do anything.

You can play whichever game you want, but as for me, I am going to stick to Brawl+

Melee was nice but for crying out loud, it's old. Might as well go on to some other new competitive game. =)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Seeing all those mixed results for Brawl + instead of just MK MK MK MK Snake Falco is really nice.
Actual results were MK, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Zelda/Sheik...thats a far cry from mk mk mk mk...

good **** chudizzlee

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
MK MK MK MK is pretty **** hard to get with only eight people who were specifically invited for the tournament, and it's pretty clear he was referring to in general (which still isn't true, but is less false than this specific tournament).

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
ummmmmmmm, so everyone does know there were only two mk mains here right....
and for the brawl + tourny i think only girmr and his bro (g&w and PT main) were the only people that really played it before.... of course the results will be mixed for a game very few if anyone there played aside from those two

and pls stop saying its the destruction of the smash scene... that would be a terrible thing... esp since MLG pretty much said there r good chance of putting smash on the circuit just things didn't work out this year ( economy,needing wii's... lots of factors..the game itself was not it) but as for brawl +.... he said he nvr sys nvr but it is very unlikely... and how legal is brawl+

D

Deleted member

yea, this version of brawl+ was actually very fun, more fun than brawl is.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Brawl+ is so fun! I can't wait for it to develop a real tourney scene so I can quit Brawl.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
ok here are some more of the results lol

5th Kadaj (Marth)
5th Boss (mario, luigi)
7th GIMR (g&w) and others?
7th Famous (mario, luigi)
9th Jcaesar (ROB)
9th Gonzo (kirby)
12th ESOJ (diddy)

um............... thats about all i can rember
I updated the main page. One question though, I beat famous and knocked him out of losers. How'd we tie?

shanus

Smash Hero
Guys, I'm very interested in hearing your Brawl+ Impressions. As one of the members of the B+ backroom and people who mod characters I'd like to hear opinions as you play more of it and specific character feedback. Hop in our IRC at gamesurge.net/chat/BrawlPlus or PM me for my AIM sn.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lol, mk is so broken in brawl+. I request that he's banned in any future brawl+ tournaments. You don't even have to try to win. It's worse than regular brawl lol.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
you see how your name is above his but you still tie?

Basically you got 7th and he got 8th.

you won the match against him then lost afterwards putting you essetially a rank above his but still placed 7th.

for those who don't know thats what the results show when the people are tied the one who is above the other essentially placed higher

Frogles

Smash Ace
i've played brawl + and I thought it was terrible.

Maybe GIMR's newer version is better. I would try it sometime.
Brawl+ now is COMPLETELY different than Brawl+ a few months ago when it was just shield cancel and wavedash. I thought that **** was lame too. Try it now and you'll love it. No weird cancelling bs or wavedash.

shanus

Smash Hero
ummmmmmmm, so everyone does know there were only two mk mains here right....
and for the brawl + tourny i think only girmr and his bro (g&w and PT main) were the only people that really played it before.... of course the results will be mixed for a game very few if anyone there played aside from those two

and pls stop saying its the destruction of the smash scene... that would be a terrible thing... esp since MLG pretty much said there r good chance of putting smash on the circuit just things didn't work out this year ( economy,needing wii's... lots of factors..the game itself was not it) but as for brawl +.... he said he nvr sys nvr but it is very unlikely... and how legal is brawl+
Brawl+ is completely legal as long as people aren't playing it through burning an ISO of it, which is completely unneeded as loading through gecko OS is 10x easier anyway.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
dude I gimped a Snake with Pika's uair...it's not the tailspike but I'll take what I can get

.............WAIT A MINUTE CAN YOU GUYS PUT THE TAILSPIKE BACK IN?!?!?!?!!?

@_@

OMNI: that one comment you had about my spot dodging in Melee helped tremendously. Thanks.

10onerelevantshoutoutatatimes

kupo15

Smash Hero
i've played brawl + and I thought it was terrible.

Maybe GIMR's newer version is better. I would try it sometime.
Yea, you probably played it a long time ago with wavedashing and few codes and when we didn't know what we were doing. The brawl+ right now feels really great.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
Lol, mk is so broken in brawl+. I request that he's banned in any future brawl+ tournaments. You don't even have to try to win. It's worse than regular brawl lol.
too bad u dont know what your talking about or it could have made sense,

mk is still the best in the game but he can be tolerated ALOT more now.

nerfs:

dsmash=more ending lag

takes .5% more kb

is way lighter (sweetspot knee kills at 70% from mid final d)

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
WTF!!! i just saw the results, i didnt get last in brawl singles, **** IT GIMR!!!!!

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
WTF!!! i just saw the results, i didnt get last in brawl singles, **** IT GIMR!!!!!
lol, those aren't the full results. Remeber there were 16 people there and you only got 12th.

Top Bottom