• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisiana Brawl Power Ranking - 12/14/09 Update!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
After almost forever, Louisiana has decided to update its Power Ranking.

The purpose of this PR is multi-faceted. First off, it can serve as a motivational tool for players wishing to improve their ranking on the list or even make the list in the first place. Secondly, the PR can be used as an aid in seeding for tournaments. Finally, it allows those not familiar with the Louisiana Brawl scene to see who our best are. Basically, this is here to help improve the quality of Louisiana's competitive Brawl community.

The panelists for the current La. Brawl Power Ranking are Cyphus, FakeGeorge, Hyro, Lee Martin, and Nikz0r.

This list considers tournaments and MMs from the past couple of months through LasT 4. A total lack of attendance to recent tournaments will affect one's ranking. I think it is inevitable that some bias from friendlies will spill over, but that's why we have panelists from different areas: to reduce this effect.

Louisiana Brawl Power Ranking

1. Lee - :lucario:/:metaknight:
2. Hyro - :toonlink:
3. Cyphus - :dk2:/:diddy:
4. r0ni - :falco:/:metaknight:
5. Jnig - :wario:
6. Ran Iji - :snake:
7. fakegeorge - :gw:
8. Nick - :dedede:
9. Arcadia - :falco:
10. Blaine - :zerosuitsamus:/:samus2:

Honorable Mentions (listed alphabetically):

Freddy
NiTEZ

Note: Freddy is certainly good, but he hasn't attended enough events for the panel to judge his consistency. This was a large factor in his not being on the list this time around.

Previous lists:

August '09
1 Lee
2 Hyro
3 Cyphus
4 Nick
5 Roni
6 fakegeorge
7 Ran Iji
8 Bre
9 Jnig
10 Blaine

June '09
1 Lee Martin
2 Cyphus
3 Nikz0r
4 Hyro
5 FakeGeorge
6 Ran Iji
7 r0ni
8 CJ
9 Bre
10 Li-D

April '09
1 Lee Martin
2 Cyphus
3 Sudai
4 Hyro
5 Nikz0r
6 Pierre
7 r0ni
8 CJ
9 FakeGeorge
10 EET

March '09
1. Lee Martin
2. Nikz0r
3. Sudai
4. Cyphus
5. Pierre
6. Hyro
7. EET
8. sniperx
9. Roni
10. CJ

Red moved down, Green up, blue is new, and default stayed the same.

Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

RickyB

Smash Cadet
so close... oh well maybe after next tourney and some OOS experience.

i'm so glad to see that our top players aren't all Snakes and MK. Louisiana = Pro

only suggestions: Randall you need to be honorable mention; if i somehow made it, then you definitely should be up there too. and could you put up characters for me and Jio as well?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestions, Ricky! I'm not up there because no one felt I should be top 10, but there were those who felt that you and Jiovanni should have it. It's not a big deal. You tore up the last Gameware, and I didn't. It's my turn this week.

Attendance is important. You should definitely go to at least one, if not two or more respectable tournaments. Pretty much everyone on the list made 2 out of 4 Louisiana tournaments, and some people had OOS stuff, too.

If you don't make anything until LasT 3, you pretty much have no chance of getting to the top 10 until after that. I hear John Wu is good, but he hasn't gone to any tournaments, so he missed the list.

I know that's a fairly general answer. I guess in short, as these rankings are based largely off of tourney data, you have to attend for us to even have anything to consider. We use a fairly small time frame, so active attendance is fairly important.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
well i used to main mk and we have a couple of people that play a sick mk but then we realized that we weren't gay. LOL. I'm glad to know Louisiana actually plays characters that they enjoy playing.

Randall, could you put Toon Link up there for me too. I can play a lot of characters effectively besides Lucario but I really feel Toon Link is my 2nd best and I'll be using him for Gameware also. Thanks

Bomber7

Smash Hero
looks accurate to me. Shame I couldnt have made honorable mentions, but thats life :p I know I didnt deserve that high of a ranking, I was fortunate to get 9th last tourny, but I think if I just go grab somethign to eat b4 the tourny to give me some energy and just pay attention to what I'm doing an develop thinking on my feet like vaughn told me, I really dont see why I should at least get somewhat better.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Im going to destroy everyone with the exeption of eric at Gware if girls don't get in the way of my attendence. Sigh, looks like im gonna have to look into my bag of tricks.

:]]]

Bomber7

Smash Hero
mhm I'll agree to show my good sportsmanship. Congratz to those who made I guess you could call it "the cut" :)

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Good job to everyone on this list. =) Especially Lee, I had no idea that n00b was so good. I'll have to keep an eye out. =3 <33333333333333333333333333 Lee. =D

XSniper

Smash Rookie
Awesomeness, I'm #8. Ironically my computer was labeled #8 at work to organize the order of computers. This must obviously mean that I'm destined to be #8. Woo!! ****, then I always get the #8 Grilled chicken mean at Burger King! Wtf!!

Ruse

Fox
Louisiana only has FOUR top 10 players that use top tier characters.

You guys get cooler and cooler every day.[/meatride]

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I just need more practice. If I can play better people like Eet and vaughn then I could most likely improve my rankings in tournies. lawl Pokemon Trainer and Toon Link for mez, been using PT alot recently cuz he got me 9th at last gameware i was at(not last nights) :) lawl I lack the skill right now to keep all 3 in prime condition. I'll get there one of these days =)

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
I have no doubt that you're going to continue to improve your tournament rankings. You're really dedicated, and a solid player, and you're doing it all with Pokemon Trainer, which is awesome.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I have no doubt that you're going to continue to improve your tournament rankings. You're really dedicated, and a solid player, and you're doing it all with Pokemon Trainer, which is awesome.
LasT Smash 3, we have to fight and next Gameware. I'm hoping by LS3 I can at least be better than I am now. lol Squirtle carries Charz and Ivy;s weight, its a wonder he hasnt been flattened yet. Though I'm pretty confident I will put up a good fight. Mid rankings for now I will have to deal with until I get better but I'm in no rush. XD taking it one step at a time.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Bomber, Bragi is Tyr, the Bowser player.

And yeah, everyone is getting a lot better between every tournament. I wouldn't be surprised to see some new names up there after LasT 3, if not sooner.

Diddy_King

Smash Rookie
You'll see me up there soon enough

What's up guys, this is that banana spamming ******* from the tourney. I'm aiming for that list and if you don't watch out you'll trip up soon enough :p.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Tis my goal to make it on this list.
I want to fight you at LasT Smash. I too want to make it on that list. I just wana see how good you are. If you remember my name is Bomber, at the tourny, and we meet up, we can fight on the nearest Wii.

thuendoftime

Smash Cadet
I want to fight you at LasT Smash. I too want to make it on that list. I just wana see how good you are. If you remember my name is Bomber, at the tourny, and we meet up, we can fight on the nearest Wii.
Are you going to be at Gameware? We can fight there. Or givest me your Friend Code. :]

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Are you going to be at Gameware? We can fight there. Or givest me your Friend Code. :]
yep. I will be. unfortuanatly I lost my wireless connection to wifi. so I cant. but when I do get it back I'll exchange FC's with you and we can play evey now and then.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
XD ill see if I cant get our matches recorded. Tommorow I'm going to office depot to get another SD card cuz the one my mom bought me doest work with my camera or my Wii. so by tommorow I should have a new one. one that specifically says "compatable with anything" I know they have them. I saw them when I went to buy the piece of **** I have now. I wasnt able to get the more compatable one cuz my mom didnt want to spend alot of money. and the one that does wiork with this current camera is 235MB. lol it;s like 3 years old but it works. I can only record 2 minutes on it, thats why i need a 4 gig memory card.

Top Bottom