• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Up-b Super Armor tech

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
You do the Upb before running off?

I like this probably works on BF

You just have to refresh it when it says it isnt available.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I had to refresh the video once but it works. Awesome find.

Edit: does this work on other platformed stages? I would think on stages with platforms like battlefield you had have to start the up b too early to get the super armor frames and miss out on having a lagless landing.

double edit: You got that video up so quick after it was discovered, good **** ook.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
lagless super armor up b is now probably one of the best approaches in the game.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Now it's even better. I need to start using up b more, I hardly ever use it anyway.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I remember people asking if this was possible a while back and I didn't think it was. I guess my timing was off in my testing. Good stuff though, I'll be sure to do it right this time.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Is this practical to use on Yoshi's (Brawl)? If so, between this and the other up-b tech, DK just got himself another viable and awesome CP stage!:chuckle:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Awesome!

The only bad thing about it is that you don't really know if you timed it right and got the SA... (the enemy might just kill you out of your upB if you don't have it =/)

It is probably also not easy to do it right...

Maybe with some training it will possible to do it most of the time.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
What stages can this be done with the lagless animation? I know Jungle Japes, but i mean what other stages can this be done on?

Awesome fine Ook btw.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
You're invincible, so I'd assume so.

Also, has anyone tried doing something similar with the Super Armor frames of the grounded Up-B? If you can make the invincibility frames last longer by canceling an aerial Up-B into a grounded Up-B, shouldn't you also be able to make the Super Armor frames last longer by canceling a grounded Up-B into an aerial Up-B? Someone should test it out when they have time.
Totally called it. Thanks for actually doing the test work/officially discovering it, ook!

Seton

Smash Apprentice
With that super armor tech japes could be posible our best Cp. Nice movement.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ugh, your Up-B shenanigans were annoying enough before this, Ook :/

More DKs should use spinning kong like Ook does. Its really tough to deal with.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I hardly ever use it, I really need to start using it more. I started trying to use it in some teams friendlies today and it *****. Not really used to the SA timing though, I still need to work that out.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
I hardly ever use it, I really need to start using it more. I started trying to use it in some teams friendlies today and it *****. Not really used to the SA timing though, I still need to work that out.
Keep at it, it's completely worth your while. Up+B *****.

Well, there's a few characters that it's not great for, but even then it can be useful with proper timing for the SA (ZSS, for example).

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I hate Spinning Kong spammers. *coughhinoarashicough* This is like the most broken approach ever.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
I'm so glad this works, I had doubts about it when I tried it on my own but after seeing it done I got it down 3 times in a row ^ ^ I always use Up+B whenever I'm having trouble approaching, this is only a step further.

[sarcasm]

With this, do you think we could beat Falco on Japes? =P

[/sarcasm]

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hm, could anyone make a video of the first 20 frames (frame by frame, in slowmotion and such...) of DKs up B and maybe color the ones where he has SA? It would be much easier to do this then... although it is much easier to do than I thought, but this still would be a great help.

ook

Smash Lord
I would but I don't think my camera is good enough to do that, or I don't have the hacks. :ohwell:

A good way to practice and see if you're doing it right, go into training mode and set a motion sensor bomb where you're gonna land. Then up-b into it.
If you did it right, you won't die. :bigthumbu

And yeah, spam up-b. It's the new tornado

Sometimes when a DK Up-Bs at me, I jump over, **** ***** brah.
Sometimes, when people jump over me, I just up-b at them again. :lick:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah that's a good idea, I already tried that :)

I wonder if those new upB techniques give DK a little boost in the tier list... not that it really matters though (I know he should be a little higher =P).

DK is now even better at Brinstar, Japes and Norfair (and of course on some other stages too ^^)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Sometimes, when people jump over me, I just up-b at them again. :lick:

That's why instead of up-b'ing you should just walk away and space a disjointed fsmash. :D

Like Lucario's.

...Or Dedede's. (lol)

Also, you can still grab DK out of this, since it's only super armor, and you won't know if you do it right if you screw up, so it's not that great of a discovery. :3

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
That's why instead of up-b'ing you should just walk away and space a disjointed fsmash. :D

Like Lucario's.

...Or Dedede's. (lol)

Also, you can still grab DK out of this, since it's only super armor, and you won't know if you do it right if you screw up, so it's not that great of a discovery. :3
the upb hitboxes are a bit too quick/active to get grabbed out of, maybe at the end, but for the most part no

Top Bottom