• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stale Move Counter: Weird Glitch For Jigglypuff

illinialex24

Smash Hero
For some reason recently, when using Jigglypuff, I noticed that if you hit 4 aerials of the same type in 1 period of time being airborne, only 3 stales are added to your list. This means that the 5th consecutive hit of the same move with that move will be your like your 4th. So the first move works on a 0 stale, the 2nd on a 1 stale, the 3rd on a 2 stale, the 4th on a 2 stale, and the 5th will be on a 3 stale.

Obviously this isn't very useful but it is interesting to help you use bair chains and fair chains. 1 is much for the worse, 4 bairs in one jump and you want it to become more stale, so it makes you realize you cannot chain bairs as long as you wish potentially because the stales will not add up.

On the flip side, it also shows you a good way to kill because your 5th fair in one jump will be very powerful, meaning that if you do a fair chain off-stage, you get more knockback, a lot more than you expect on your 5th consecutive fair. Keep this in mind people.

Although its fairly worthless, I'll add it to the guide.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... That's pertty cool. Does sing refreshing count as still being airborn?

Also, does that mean 5 Fairs will only unstale 3 moves?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hmmm... That's pertty cool. Does sing refreshing count as still being airborn?

Also, does that mean 5 Fairs will only unstale 3 moves?
It means that 5 fairs will contribute to 4 stale moves I believe... Although I haven't tested it that fully. I said your 5th hit will be counting as a hit on 3 stales. Its fairly interesting.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Gotcha... But what if you do more than 5? (For example, by staying airborn longer via sing refreshing.)

Top Bottom