• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I only joined 3/4 of the MYM5 competition, and I did not really get to know anyone well, though some impressions did shine through. Although I never knew Sir Kibble because of my late arrival, I have read a few of his MYM5 movesets. Although I did not compliment on them, I especially liked Richard, he was a very funny moveset, and I thought it was very interesting that there was a picture for every attack and extra, that made the set more interesting to read. He deserved his place in the top 50.

There were obviously other great movesets, and although Kibble won't be around, his movesets will still be there to give inspiration, especially the ones from MYM4.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Why waste time with goodbyes? They all come back eventually. :)

Kibbs, you were one of the best moveset makers here, and a major inspiration to me for many of my sets (hopefully Dawn will be able to live up to the supah-high standard that May set). You are undoubtedly in my mind the nicest person in this competition, and just seeing you post made me feel better, simply because your attitude just radiates good vibes (yes, even over the internet).

In short, good luck with everything you do in the future, and know that you'll always have friends here at MYM.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Hi guys it´s been a while hasn´t it?

Anyway, farewell Kibbs. I know this is late but good luck with everything. You´ve always been an idol for all of us. You were the one who inspired me to continue MYMing after that Stickman review and now you´ve encouraged me to come back to this marvelous comunity. You can be assured we´ll continue the MYM tradition for decades. And when you´ll come back you´ll definitely see "Make your Move" still on the Smash Workshop. Thank you for all you´ve done for us. Thank you.
I´ll send you my email.

To the others, I´m still working with Baloo, I´m not gone :)

peeup

Smash Lord
Dang... Kibble is gone...

Even though I've been participating in MYM for a while now (idk when I started), I haven't ever really gotten too into it and I haven't really gotten to know many of the MYMers. I have, however, easily come to realize that SirKibble was a diamond-in-the-rough of internet forum goers. His helpful criticism, good sense of humor, and genuine personality were just a few of the things that made him a great person... and the fact that he was a great person was one of the main reasons that these contests have been so successful. People like him attract people, and cause people to stay close. Thanks SirKibble for being a part of the best thread(s) in the whole of SWF. Good luck on your mission trip, and be sure to tell us all about what you did and how you helped even more people once you get back. You'll be missed until then, but know this: you've already created a solid community in the MYM threads, so go out and bring everybody that you visit together into one great, big, close family. I'll be praying for you.

The worst part about this (for me anyways) is that you're already gone so you can't read this. Anyway, here's my email... it seems 'customary' to post it. peeupoxy@gmail.com

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Guys its sad that Kibble is gone BUT
now TWILTY and Akiak are back!!!

But we lost Spade...
MYM, thou be a foul mistress...

Oh, well. Something tells me MYM6 will have quite a bit more movesets than this one...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I'm probably the last one here to say goodbye to Kibble in this thread. Almost seems fitting, seeing as I am his oldest friend in MYM. Last but certainly not least, right? I realize that you are no longer here to see this post, but I must type it anyway.

Well... I'm quite at a loss for words, to be honest. I've known you longer than I've known anyone in MYM. I remember looking up to you even back in MYM2 days, when we were so equal and similar that it was nearly impossible to tell the difference between us without looking at our favorite series. Those were the days, weren't they, Kibbs? We've both improved so much since then and you've established yourself as the kindest and (one of the) most skilled among us.

I must say that I will probably miss you more than anyone here does. You were one of my 3 best friends in MYM, also being one of the people to talk to me about my real life girl problems (which have gotten slightly better thanks to the advice of yourself and those others)- as well as trusting me with some of your own. I thank you very much for being a good friend- better than most of my real life friends.

I wish you the best of luck and the happiest times during these next two years and hope that you will return (and that we will still be there when you do). In the end, while this community was a major part of your life, it is but a trivial game. You chose correctly by deciding to help your church.

Kibble, you were the best of us all- a great MYM'er, a great leader, a great person, and a great friend. You will be missed by us all. I can't help but fear that the heart of our little community will leave alongside you.

Au revoir, mon ami.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow. ;)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now that that's outta the way, seems I'll be a few days (and probably 100 pages) late for MYM6, as I'm going to Indiana until Monday, AND i have no movesets started yet.

So....go on without me, I'll catch up eventually! :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Looking back, I think MYM 5 will be most remembered for Warlord's playstyle movement, for oppression in the thread (fitting, considering it's Warlord's contest), and for the departures of two MYMing legends, Spade and Kibble.

In terms of movesets, it's mostly all about a sharp descent in detail level; the few MYMers who still put tons of detail tended to stick out and took flak for it. Again, there was more emphasis on trying to create an overall feel and the top 10 movesets all reflected this.

In other words, it emphasized basically everything I like in a moveset. ;)

Now, on that note, MYM 6 starts today at 5:00 EST. Look up for yourselves what time that is in your respective time zones, and keep watching the clock. We're not expecting a huge rush - nothing much bigger than what we had this time around - but all the same, you want to stay on top of things.

Don't post anymore. I mean it, don't do it. >=(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom