• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL "Should I Use X or Y to do ______?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Over the past couple months, the most frequent question on Falco board has been:

"Should I Use X or Y to _______?" where you can put anything into the blank.

I'm tired of it... so I decided to make a thread to answer this question specifically.

SMASH BROTHERS MELEE FOR THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE COULDN'T CARE LESS IF YOU USE X OR Y!!!! :mad088: :mad088: :mad088: They are the same button as far as the game is concerned. That means you should do w/e feels most comfortable.

If you wanna get really technical about the physical convenience of the buttons, Y is closer to B which makes it more convenient for quickly jumping and then hitting B (so like, laser techniques and jc shining). They are roughly the same distance from the C-Stick and are 100% the same distance from A. There we go... end of discussion, that's all there is to it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
LOL!

Seriously, did this thread just happen? Is this what the birds are talkin about right now? ****.

I mean, I understand that shiz has like, 4 extra jump buttons. Uses X to like, wavedash, y for shines, up on the control stick to file his taxes, r + c-stick up to massage his back, but seriously.

Seriously? That's what's hot in the falco boards?

PICK A BUTTON AND ROLL WITH IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom