• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canceling run into tilts?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Scramble the translators this look useful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXXIyk_Fb6M&feature=channel

From what I've gather from watching the video it looks that this can only be done on platforms and most likely have something to do with crouching but I really don't know. Usually InnocentRoad tells what he's doing in the description so the quickest answer to this will most likely be there.

Description
入力は下→RorLでできます。そこから発展。下Aならば下→RorL→Aでできます 。ちなみに台の上かつガード可能な状態でのみ可能。ガードキャンセル台降りはRorL →下(1/3)で可能。

Panda Edit:
This video is rather old. What he is basically doing is canceling the "dropping through the platform" animation out of shield into something else. Meaning, he puts up his shield for a split second, hits down (if you hit diagonally down, approximately 1/3rds of the distance from down to a horizontal direction), then does a jab, tilt, an item grab, or a smash attack to cancel the animation of dropping through the platform.

This AT is fairly difficult to pull off consistently, is only possible on platforms, and has very limited usefulness. Ankoku and I spent some time discussing this a long while ago, and we had to figure things out for ourselves because of the shoddy explanation given (its rather bad in Japanese, too).

This video more clearly shows what he is doing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ar2M4iiB-g&feature=channel_page

B!squick

Smash Master
*imagines doing this with Bowser*

:O I agree, translate please!

Actually, from the description, it looks like it involves L or R... I wonder what the trick is though... :/

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Translation:→ RorL you enter below. Developed from there. Then under A → RorL → A or below. Available only in the state guard units, and on the way. Cancel RorL → Guard units are down below (1 / 3).
This was translated with google Translate so I don't know much about what he's saying. I think it has something to do with the roll's IASA frames.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Translation:→ RorL you enter below. Developed from there. Then under A → RorL → A or below. Available only in the state guard units, and on the way. Cancel RorL → Guard units are down below (1 / 3).
This was translated with google Translate so I don't know much about what he's saying. I think it has something to do with the roll's IASA frames.
My god, the state guard units are on the way? Look out, Brawl!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think what it says (according to Volt's translation) is:

Use one of the shield buttons, then use A, shield, A (?). Available only (during a certain time)
Cancel R/L (shield) Shields are down more then 1/3.

That's wierd though...and the state gaurd units are coming? Oh no...

IxxI

Smash Fence
A friend and I are discussing this on an instant messenger at the moment. Here's what he says.

He's doing AIRDODGE
You pick up crap when you airdodge now!
its freaking obvious
from the beginning of hte game
every knew you could airdodge and pick something up
hes probably down A then airdodging then A again
R or L button is the airdodge
or he's cancelling the airdoge because he's on the platform
and he just go's straight onto the platform because he never actually went under
which strangly sounds like wavelanding lol xD
except without the sliding.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Doesn't it look like it has to do with dropping an item and instantly regrabbing it?
I could only load the first quarter of the video and that's what it looked like to me.

EDIT: What IxxI said.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This video is rather old. What he is basically doing is canceling the "dropping through the platform" animation out of shield into something else. Meaning, he puts up his shield for a split second, hits down (if you hit diagonally down, approximately 1/3rds of the distance from down to a horizontal direction), then does a jab, tilt, an item grab, or a smash attack to cancel the animation of dropping through the platform.

This AT is fairly difficult to pull off consistently, is only possible on platforms, and has very limited usefulness. Ankoku and I spent some time discussing this a long while ago, and we had to figure things out for ourselves because of the shoddy explanation given (its rather bad in Japanese, too).

This video more clearly shows what he is doing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ar2M4iiB-g&feature=channel_page

Tristan_win

Not dead.

I see, thank you SamruiPanda. Could you please close the thread then if this is already noted knowledge.

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
isn't just cancelling the dash with a shield and falling through the platform then cancelling the fall with the "a" button? D<
edit:
oh my bad didn't see samurai panda's post.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Actually, I don't think this is noted much on SWF at all. Might as well keep this thread open for a bit. I'll quote my response in the first post for you, so people know what is going on.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So since it is too much effort, it really isn't worth learning?
Every little bit helps. It's just a tech that you can learn how to do once you learn everything.

Give you something to practice that's technical when your bored, also don't forget you can do it with smash attacks as well.

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
This is basically what Wavedashing does-- you're able to do any move after this but you're moving faster than walking. Stage CPs will have to be re-examined.

Yoshi probably isn't able to do this lol =[

P.S. Japanese MK is manlier than CF, I don't care if he's homo.

Top Bottom