• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Board Alliances

|RK|

Smash Marketer
This is something I had come up with a while back. Character Board Alliances are alliances between two Character Boards. They share boards, xatchats, IRC's whatever. But the most important thing is that they research competitive doubles as a single board would research singles. Doubles get about 1/20th of the competitive attention as singles. So if two boards were to research, more accurate responses would be able to be provided, and more specific ones. We, the Lucarios allied with the Pikachus last week or so. Apparently we can use Aura Sphere to cause QAC to cancel faster and allow Pikachu to attack with less lag.

I think that this is a very good idea. You can create combos with moves that would be otherwise unchainable, and some people may even have a combo chaingrab with moves they can't grab with on their own. Let's turn a new page in competitive doubles. BTW, give the alliance a cool name. And you should only ally with a single board as for now, so that more attention can be given to that alliance.

The Lucario/Pikachu Alliance is called "CBA: Electric Aura" I'd like for it to pick up more speed and get stickied, but as of now, competitive doubles are unpopular for research. Popular to play, not researched much. So I had wanted to try one out first before announcing and sharing with everybody else. Try it out!

Electric Aura
Lucario and Pikachu

Not Taken

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Falco
Fox
Game & Watch
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Kirby
Link
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Meta-Knight
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pit
Pokemon Trainer
R.O.B.
Samus
Sheik
Snake
Sonic
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf
Yoshi
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus

|RK|

Smash Marketer
And alliance station, yes. The more specific discussion can be handled in your own CBA.

Heh, a name for Samus and Ganondorf Topic would be "CBA: Dark Technology" or something. But you'd have to decide where to sticky it, as in which board. When they get big enough, they'll probably have their own subforum, hopefully.

:lucario:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Well, everyone else likes it. I told the IRC when I made up the idea. They said it was enticing, and I've gotten only positive responses so far.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
I think the Ness and Lucas boards should be Allied and we shall call it "PK Love."

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Create a topic in which you ask them

On their boards.

Once a sufficient amount

Of them, especially the well known ones

Agree, come back here and give me the name and stuff.

You also have to pick which board your topic will be on.

And what color the alliance name should be.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I like this idea. =)
Communities banding together ftw. <3

Too bad this will probably be closed. =/
Lameness.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Actually, we ARE allied with the Pikachu boards.

We asked them.

That and the Alliance name is a link.

Where have you been?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
The general Lucario boards, people on the IRC... pretty much all of us except for you and Xavvy. Probably Kita.

B!squick

Smash Master
Bowsers call dibs on MK!

Ha, I kid. Sounds like a cool idea. I made a small thread on Bowser Board for double discussion and had actually planned on making a chart of sorts as to who the Green Machine did well with in doubles. I'll link this and see what everyone else thinks.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ness and Mario boards have developed a relationship on a deeper level than any other character board.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What's the point of EXCLUSIVELY choosing one "doubles partner?"

How many people are going to team with someone at a tournament solely because of what character they play? I mean, you take what you can get (usually)

You need to practice with your partner for doubles to be successful. If you have someone to practice with regularly, that plays X character, but you choose instead to team with Y character because your boards are "allied" then that's just stupid XD

I mean, it's a good idea to work on doubles strategies, but it shouldn't just be "x character plus y character," it should be looked into by those who are interested in teaming with whoever. Like at my last tournament, I planned ahead to team with a Donkey Kong that I knew, but he lived far away so we didn't get to practice. We looked into some things, and that helped a little, but nowhere near as much as practice would help.

And next tourney, I'm probably teaming with a ROB, so I'll look into that...

You know?

Anyway, Kirby+TL = allied, kthx

B!squick

Smash Master
Eh, it seems kinda silly that there isn't a Doubles sub-forum for this kind of discussion anyway, besides the fact that doubles aren't the most popular tourney type.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I'd like to note that Lucario and Pikachu is actually a HORRIBLE team.

They get in each other's way, and Lucario just plain SUCKS HARD in doubles.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Doubles have start before singles at most tournaments I've been to. @_@
Its like, save the best for last or what? More important stuff first?

Idk.
Doubles subforum needed.

Kirby + TL alliance seconded kthx.

Lucario just plain SUCKS HARD
lol

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Lol, Smexy.

One exclusive alliance is for concentration on that group and for quicker advancement. When every board has an alliance, we'll probably expand that.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
What're the thoughts on ZSS/Gdubs? It would be easy, because no research is needed. Just bucket.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I've been scared of having to go against that team in doubles.

It hasn't happened yet, thankfully. =P

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I figured the Kirbies and Toon Links would want to ally. Just show me the topic in which you invited each other and I'll add it. And you need a name. Also, pick the board where you want it situated. Toon Link Boards? Or Kirby Boards?​

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I think the Ness and Lucas boards should be Allied and we shall call it "PK Love."
Or, "Mother's Boys."

Samus and Zero Suit Samus should be combined as one. Seriously, we need Samus at her fullest. The two characters are one person, and the two complement each other. I'd call it after the team name IsmaR and I used in a doubles where we got third place using Samus only: The Chozo Warriors. Of course, I guess we could use the same name for Samus and ZSS, since they're just the same person. So contradictory.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
A very valid point. But you guys should be talking to each other. I'll get you an example of an invitation topic.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
By that logic, Links and TLs should band together. >_>

..... And we all know THAT'S not gonna happen.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
To be Smashboards' first official Character Board Alliance (CBA) with the Lucarios. Me and some members of the illustrious Lucario IRC agree on this idea. You see how we research the moves and AT's of our separate characters? Well what if we researched like that for Lucario's and Pikachu's on teams? Think about it, no one really researches doubles in depth, now do they? We invite you to be the first. We'd be able to create guides, test combos, video threads, much like we do alone. And over all, advance the team metagame. As part of this alliance, we invite you to our Lucario IRC as well. We hope to be a beautiful team in the future. Electric Aura would be the name of this alliance. We shall create a topic about this over on the Lucario boards. I will reserve five extra posts in order to accommodate much of the information there, and we will advance Double matches to new heights. Please discuss among yourselves if you wish to partake in this.

Our IRC is located at:

hfdagfgfdagfgad

1: Click on "ggfdgfdagafdg"

2: Create a nickname

3: The channel is gfdgdfhgfdgfdag

4: Click connect

5: Be sure not to expect a lot of sanity.

I believe the guides should be made by our Milln and your DLW, if they are up to it. We look forward to an alliance with you, and a prosperous one at that. I will create the topic "CBA: Electric Aura" on our boards if you choose to participate in this. Remember: think of yourselves as pioneers for a new age of team Brawls. We hope to see you there.

Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225130

Removed some info >_>

But they agreed :D

Crystanium

Smash Hero
By that logic, Links and TLs should band together. >_>

..... And we all know THAT'S not gonna happen.
Toon Link needs to find another person who is also a child. "Join me Link, and I'll make your face the greatest in Koridai! Or else you will DIE!" Anyway, Samus and ZSS are polar opposites. Samus is about long-range while ZSS is about close-combat. Samus has a hard time KO'ing, but ZSS does not.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike fights for his friends, so he's automatically in alliances with every other board, as everyone is his friend except for when he is versing them.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
This. These two characters love eachother.
The last time I checked, the Mario board came to the Ness board when vato_break asked a question about Ness' recovery, and the Mario mains weren't very nice to Ness. I guess it's up to the majority of the two boards. :/

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This is something I had come up with a while back. Character Board Alliances are alliances between two Character Boards. They share boards, xatchats, IRC's whatever. But the most important thing is that they research competitive doubles as a single board would research singles. Doubles get about 1/20th of the competitive attention as singles. So if two boards were to research, more accurate responses would be able to be provided, and more specific ones. We, the Lucarios allied with the Pikachus last week or so. Apparently we can use Aura Sphere to cause QAC to cancel faster and allow Pikachu to attack with less lag.

I think that this is a very good idea. You can create combos with moves that would be otherwise unchainable, and some people may even have a combo chaingrab with moves they can't grab with on their own. Let's turn a new page in competitive doubles. BTW, give the alliance a cool name. And you should only ally with a single board as for now, so that more attention can be given to that alliance.

The Lucario/Pikachu Alliance is called "CBA: Electric Aura" I'd like for it to pick up more speed and get stickied, but as of now, competitive doubles are unpopular for research. Popular to play, not researched much. So I had wanted to try one out first before announcing and sharing with everybody else. Try it out!

Electric Aura
Lucario and Pikachu

This sounds like a pretty cool idea, =)
though Im not sure I understand it fully...

Anyway, one Suggestion I have is to have the boards switch alliances every month or two, that way you can get much more activity going. Every month(or however long), each board can pair up with someone new and that way they can learn from a larger variety of characters rather than just one, while still maintaining focus on just a single partnership at a time.
^_^

Though this is only a suggestion^_^

Top Bottom