• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

05.16.09-Davie,FL-Back to Basics Tournament 11 (FSC#2)

The WiLL

Smash Apprentice
-----------------------------------------------------

5450 South State Road 7
Suite 11
Davie, FL 33024
(954) 632-3679

For directions, I recommend going to www.randmcnally.com .
For tournament rules, please go to http://www.willvolution.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=56 .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Basics Tournament 11
Saturday, May 16, 2009

Entrance Fee-$5.00
Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 Tournament - $10.00
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles Tournament - $10.00 per person
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament - $10.00

Prizes for each Tournament:
1st-70% of the pot
2nd-20% of the pot
3rd-10% of the pot

Tournament Schedule:
12:00PM - Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 Tournament
2:00PM - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles Tournament
5:00PM - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament

This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller) event. Willvolution.com or ZeroPing are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

You know the drill! Post if you're coming and what game(s) you're participating!

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'll be going to this.

I'll try to play better vs Pikachu hopefully!

Also, regarding this rule,

Loser chooses another character and/or stage (If they want). If loser picks stage and character, the opponent can choose another character.

I think it should be the reverse: the winner decides if he'll continue to use his character or not, and the loser then picks his counterpick character and stage. I think that's how it typically goes, and I feel it's more fair that way for the loser.

Also, if you haven't read in the previous topic already, I accidentally left my 8" TV there. It has the Stop button dented inward, and mono audio. Could you please hold that TV there for me?

Master Raven

Smash Master
FUUUUUUUUUCK

Sorry for the double post but I ****ing left my Wiimote and sensor bar too. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys held that for me and I could go snatch it ASAP.

Edit: Well, actually I do have another Wiimote... so nevermind that, but the sensor bar I really need.

Double Edit: [17:54] say you loved me: classic controller
[17:54] say you loved me: no need for sensor bar

i love ray

But seriously though, still just hold onto that stuff for me if you can until I get back.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You got the order mixed up a bit, Master Raven. It's loser chooses stage, then winner chooses character, then loser chooses character.

So, since I'll be free that weekend (hopefully), I'll be able to go. =D

EDIT: This tournament wins for having Rainbow Cruise as a counterpick. Seriously.

Also, why is Dave's Stupid Rule only in the Melee rules? Shouldn't it be in Brawl, too? I also recommend switching to the stage/character picking process that I mentioned above.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
FUUUUUUUUUCK

Sorry for the double post but I ****ing left my Wiimote and sensor bar too. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys held that for me and I could go snatch it ASAP.

Edit: Well, actually I do have another Wiimote... so nevermind that, but the sensor bar I really need.

Double Edit: [17:54] say you loved me: classic controller
[17:54] say you loved me: no need for sensor bar

i love ray

But seriously though, still just hold onto that stuff for me if you can until I get back.
The ZP owner found it and the wiimote. So he'll most likely hold it for you for until you show up next time.

The WiLL

Smash Apprentice
You got the order mixed up a bit, Master Raven. It's loser chooses stage, then winner chooses character, then loser chooses character.

So, since I'll be free that weekend (hopefully), I'll be able to go. =D

EDIT: This tournament wins for having Rainbow Cruise as a counterpick. Seriously.

Also, why is Dave's Stupid Rule only in the Melee rules? Shouldn't it be in Brawl, too? I also recommend switching to the stage/character picking process that I mentioned above.
I haven't updated the SSBB Rules on my site but I'm using the N/CP Stages from last tournament which is...

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

I'll update the list on my site whenever I get a chance.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Polt: If your opponent agrees to play on a banned, then you can play that stage. I personally like RC as well, it prevents camping to a certain degree.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
The problem is that no one would agree to it. Why would they agree to play on my best stage? =/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you can remove the FSC#2 thing will. It never came into fruition

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
I might come and play in the Smash 1 v 1...

Do you have to be there at a certain time to register, or do you just need to show by 5?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
:) showing up to this again. this time with more nanaz xD and more oomph o.o

i want moar mm's seibrik if u do by chance come :\

@polt ill cp rc against u :p

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Nice, so there is finally counterpicks against MK... looking at Pirate Ship and Pokemon Stadium 2. I don't think I'll be going MK this time. I'm going to see how my Lucario and Kirby do. :)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
seriously afro i want to play ya :3 i havent seen u at all bro. i wanna shows u my moves :p

Master Raven

Smash Master
It will. I don't think these topics are much active until at least a couple weeks from the date.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I won't be able to go either now. I'm going on a beach trip with my family on this same day. :p

Top Bottom