• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Lucario

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This is the thread for discussion on the Yoshi v. Lucario matchup.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, I hate this match up. So I avoid it, i don't generally play it as Yoshi. I'll go to a secondary.

But you have to Kill Lucario quickly, if not once he hits Momentum your screwed.

Rayku

Smash Lord
From what I have experienced, against the Yoshi matchup is pretty easy. I've never found myself scared when facing the one Yoshi player around (Scatz). I don't know much about Yoshi, but it seems like he can't kill very well, and that's never a very good thing when fighting against a Lucario.

Spacing is hard to get around, and Yoshi can't really do much to make Lucario scared. Being grounded under him is probably a bad idea, because Dair hits through everything (I think?). Also, Yoshi's the only character that can't jump out of shield, so Dair'ing a shielding Yoshi is nothing to be afraid of due to the lack of punishing options for it.

This is probably just personal opinion, but I'd say 65/35, maybe 60/40 in Lucario's favor.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
wow this is easy i don't even have to think about it
lucario > yoshi
65/35 in lucario's favor.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I actually don't mind this matchup, but I agree with Chaco that the matchup is very momentum-based.

I sent somebody a super long PM about how to fight Lucario. If I still have a copy of it, I'll post it here.

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
Definatly agree its 65;35 lucario's favor

Seriously if you don't kill him first your gonna get lots of quick damage coming from a buffed up high % lucario your 2nd stock

if you kill him first your gonna have a an easier time sometimes lucario's get desperate

but a lot of "ifs"

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I hate fighting Lucarios with Yoshi. I usually go Diddy against him, but that won't help me get in the Yoshi PR.

It's best to be patient, but not too patient. You'll want to get the first kill because of the aura boosts. However, don't be too aggressive cause you will get hit by his quick aerials (nair is a *****). And obviously, never approach Lucario underneath him.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Lucario's one of the few characters where I go a secondary instead (along with ROB, pit and wolf). I usually just go ness thanks to his ridiculous Bthrow lucario won't be living too long. Lucky for me there are almost no lucarios in florida

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Lucario's one of the few characters where I go a secondary instead (along with ROB, pit and wolf). I usually just go ness thanks to his ridiculous Bthrow lucario won't be living too long. Lucky for me there are almost no lucarios in florida
Luc counters Ness, too.

Go Snake.

Also, your Uair beats our Dair, and eggs are annoying as hell.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Not as annoying as Aura Sphere spam, though.

...Didn't we go over this in the previous match-up topic?

Gindler

Smash Champion
Luc counters Ness, too.

Go Snake.

Also, your Uair beats our Dair, and eggs are annoying as hell.
Oh really? Of course I've found no evidence to back that claim, but I can believe it, either way it's easier than with yoshi for me.

baby auras>eggs. sad but that's what it looks like

Yikarur

Smash Master
Lucario is a terrible match up for Yoshi :/

65:35 definitly.

and I don't have an idea which stage for counterpick against Lucario.
Lucario has the most frustrating counterpick against Yoshi (Jungle Japes xD)

bigman40

Smash Master
Lucario is a terrible match up for Yoshi :/

65:35 definitly.

and I don't have an idea which stage for counterpick against Lucario.
Lucario has the most frustrating counterpick against Yoshi (Jungle Japes xD)
For Lucario, you want to treat the matchup like marth (play on mainly flat stages). I still am thinking what other stages are good other than FD and maybe SV, but the list isn't that big when it comes to CPing Lucario....

auroreon

Smash Ace
I despise this matchup. Lucario is a cheat, his range is a cheat, his priority is a cheat and his power is a cheat.

This is easily a big Lucario advantage, it is possible to beat his dair with Uair though, I think the Uair has slightly more vertical range than his dair, and rising Uair absorbs it with super armour.
Lucario has the advantage with projectiles, the aura balls are annoying because they travel in a strange way... the speed is odd and the way they move is confusing, which makes it much harder to avoid the charged aura ball when it inevitably comes. If its a straight out projectile spam battle, Lucario wins hands down, the aura balls just beat the eggs.
His roll is (I think) the best roll in the game, as opposed to Yoshis... which as we all know is the worst, Lucario is invunable for the majority of his roll and its fast... as if approaching him wasn't hard enough.
When aproaching, the aura will just eat through the bair and the range of his disjointed hitblocks is just wrong. NEVER come from above, Lucario can easily anti-air Yoshi.

All in all, one of the most annoying matchups for Yoshi. 65-35, deffinatly no lower than 60:40.

Top Bottom