• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete Mario Matchup Thread

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You could always just save replays and give them to people like me who actually have recording devices. Upload the replays to a filesharing website like mediafire (if you don't have an account there yet, get one since it's free) and then link us to them. I assume you have an SD card, which implies a number of things.

And I really really highly doubt you would hate playing against Olimar if you knew when to play safe and when to approach. Honestly Luigi vs Olimar is like 90% the same matchup as Mario vs Olimar with a slightly different focus on scoring the KO. And he's technically worse at approaching Olimar since he can't option limit Olimar's pivot grab the same way Mario can. Personally I think Luigi vs Olimar is overrated just because a lot of people don't know how to play against Luigi (people still don't know how to properly deal with his N-air and still get hit by Cyclone a lot more than they should, as well as many a failed attempt to edgeguard him properly), but w/e.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I have no way of getting videos up. Also, I hate fighting Olimar, and even more with Mario. I normally use Luigi who significantly beats Olimar. He has always been my least favorite MU. The only thing I've ever been shown was when I faced M2K and Lee Martin at Apex on livestream. My abilities are only known to those who've played me.

Inb4Vatosaying "I beat you with high/top tiers"
And even then, the spotlight was on me. :bee:

I'll play you with my booty Olimar in this MU sometime.

BSP

Smash Legend
Air shoryuken is so much less powerful though :(

But yeah, Mario should have some solid air release options on Wario.

A2Z you don't happen to have any vids of Mario vs. Oli being played correctly do you?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Unfortunately I don't have any videos of that matchup...if I meet RichBrown again or someone, maybe someday.

Just watch Xero vs Hilt honestly. Pretty much everything I ever wanted to say about that matchup is covered in that set.

Top Bottom