• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete Mario Matchup Thread

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Camping platforms is dumb, you'll get upaired repeatedly for like 50% and I dont think there is much Mario can do about that.
Shield/dodge and punish lol. The IC's Up-air is pretty bad in this game due to the large commitment on it.

Dumb question: B-throw doesn't separate them, does it?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I mean the actual swinging during the startup of the throw doesn't actually hurt the other Ice Climber? I believe this worked in Melee.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I thought that same thing, but it looks like it only works in teams.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I guess that's two things in this house that won't work. And I cannot believe I just referenced Spongebob...

I'll take some quotes now in the OP, who should we start on next?
I was thinking Falco, Game and Watch. Maybe Diddy.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
LUCARIO! I got owned sideways at C4 Galore by effing Lucarios, I hate that matchup with a burning passion, thus, we shall do it.

I only didn't get out of pools because there were 3 of those mothas, I took one down, though. (He took me to Mansion, and I was all like U-tilt-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-Fsmash)

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
LUCARIO! I got owned sideways at C4 Galore by effing Lucarios, I hate that matchup with a burning passion, thus, we shall do it.

I only didn't get out of pools because there were 3 of those mothas, I took one down, though. (He took me to Mansion, and I was all like U-tilt-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-Fsmash)
from what I'm reading...a Lucario took you to the Mansion and lost?

That Lucario player really isn't that good then...just sayin'

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Might as well do Lucario though, since there seems to be more of those around. I'll update everything shortly.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Yeah he did lose, lol. He tried to do the utilt thing but I wasn't gonna let that happen -_-'

EDIT: And no, he wasn't very good, I lose to BAD Lucarios but beat good players who don't play Lucario, it really ticks me off. One reason I want to do this matchup discussion.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Sorry again Marios

The Zelda boards want to reach a final conclusion on the Mario vs Zelda matchup. The general consensus is 50:50 though some contributors (from Zelda's side mostly) are fighting slight advantage for her. If you could come in and refute/support some points here then we can finally settle and move on ^^

Thanks!

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
The Zelda boards want to reach a final conclusion on the Mario vs Zelda matchup. The general consensus is 50:50 though some contributors (from Zelda's side mostly) are fighting slight advantage for her. If you could come in and refute/support some points here then we can finally settle and move on ^^

Thanks!
I'm done with Zelda boards...no offense brosef

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Let's do Diddy...he's becoming a lot more common and he's someone I'm stupid about.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Haha, Diddy it is, then. ^^
Go ahead and start now, I'll update.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Watching ADHD play diddy is scary. Never take him to halberd/FD. TBH I just CP Luigi LOL. But thats not a real contribution seeing as how Ninjalink 2-stocks me either way xD. Youll need to harass diddy offstage badly.

vato_break

Smash Master
If they are right below the stage trying to recover and use upB, drop down and nair they'll go into helpless state.
Try to use alot of fireballs and keep distance so when banna is thrown you can cape it...gimp diddy as early as possible good stage to go imo is battlefeild.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Vs Diddy, the only thing I really know what to do against him is throwing his Bananas upwards a lot so that he isn't holding them as often.

And of course getting him offstage for hopefully edgeguarding him with stuff like N-air.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Nair beats his rockets, bad, one Nair usually means death for him.

What the hell happened to Lucario? <--- Wants this matchup within the month.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I saw Boss 3 stock him in a friendly. It was epic...

Then I later saw ADHD wreck the rest of the tourney. It made me sad...he was standing the whole time.

I'm thinking 55:45 Diddy at worst. It's really not bad for Mario at all, mainly because his fast, low lag aerials can easily pick up bananas, cape, and nair wrecks his upB. Whatever the decision, it's a really close matchup.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think 55:45 is about right, it's really not bad for Mario, since most Diddys are usually wary to throw bananas if they can be reflected.
We'll do Lucario soon, maybe after this. As long as you don't fall for banana mingames, this shouldn't be as hard as at normally would.

Rainbow Cruise eliminates his banana game, but his killer throws can usually screw YOU up.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
50:50 Even. The hardest part about this match is player experience. If you know all the banana tricks that Diddy does then it really becomes a close match every time.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I've never lost to a diddy before other than MikeHAZE, but it was only a 1 round friendly >.>

Fireball, nair, and cape ***** their recovery. Most diddy's will try to pick up banana's with the running attack... just pick up the banana before they do, or shield near it and shield grab.. It's all momentum, don't let them get any :]

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
i would say 50:50 even also. i think i need to over abuse your fire balls and keep a good defence staying in the air as much as posible to avoid bananas. patience is key.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I never had too many problems in this match-up. The only really great Diddy I've gotten to play with was Nynja from Kansas in pools at CoT4. I beat him 2-1. Stages like Battlefield worked really well for me and if you don't use it already you should all learn how to RJCT with his banana's. It's epic for kiting and really catches players offguard. I did this a lot to Nynja and was able to follow up extremely well after it.

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
you could also try to always keep one banana on you at all times so he has less to work with.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So we're all in agreement, 50:50? Not very bad at all, we'll start Falco discussion next.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Luc-ario.

And, yeah 50:50 sounds good.

Lucario within the month, seriously. I want the Lucario mains here for that one, by the way. I hate that matchup with a molten burning hot fiery passion.

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
does falco have infigrab on mario?
oh and xero its nice to see another brawler from indiana!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Fine then. Lucario it is, since I never did find that Falco picture. >____>
See if Timbers can show up.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Infigrab? Dedede's the one with an infinite on Mario.

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
kk thanks i asked about falco because i thought we where about to discuss him but we changed to lucario =P

Top Bottom