• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 30-Florida Gaming's next HUGE brawl/melee tournament-Orlando FL SHIZ IS HERE!!!!

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys i want this to be huge, hype it up now. Bring ALL your friends and tell ANYONE you know. The bigger the event the better!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.imwiifit.com/Default.asp

Remember
There will be a Street IV tournament as well. Click the above link to register or simply post here.

Myspace.com/FloridaGaming
Where:
Ramada Orlando Resort and Convention Center
6375 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
Kissimmee, FL 34747

(407)-390-5800

When:
May 30, 2009

Doors open at 8am and registration will continue until the start of the first event.

There is a manditory $10 Door fee and each event will cost $10 per person to enter
Melee and Brawl doubles - $10 per Player ($20 Per team)
Melee and Brawl Singles - $10 per player

Schedule:
Alright guys I decided to change the schedule up a bit seeing as this is getting A LOT of hype for both melee and brawl.

I WILL NOT POSTPONE START TIMES OF THESE EVENTS!!! PLEASE FOLLOW THIS SCHEDULE AND BE ON TIME!!!
SCHEDULE MAY CHANGE BUT FOR NOW THIS IS IT

8am - doors open for registration and TONS of friendlies!
11am - registration for brawl doubles is over
11:15 - Brawl doubles begins
Brawl singles will begin as brawl doubles ends.

2:30 melee doubles will begin

POSSIBLE BREAK TIME AFTER MELEE DOUBLES.

Melee singles will follow.

From 8pm-9pm there will be 2 live bands playing, Broadway and Oceana. This will also be considered a break and anyone who payed the door fee can stay and attend or stay and just play friendlies (It WILL be loud) or you can just leave and grab some dinner and return at 9pm

9pm to ???- tourney will resume and end at ???. . .which means WHENEVER!!!

If you plan on joining melee AND brawl and you happen to have a match while playing another match I will skip over and come back to it.

I will announce a break time so everyone can go and grab something to eat, most likely after melee doubles ends. If you decide to go eat any time before or after this break PLEASE MAKE IT QUICK!!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE OUT DQ'S!!!!!!!!

Prizes:
No money will be taken from the pot and prize money is distibuted to top 3 of each event
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules: Any changes will be announced by me!!
MELEE
standard mlg ruleset...BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)!

-4 stock, 8 mins matches
-2/3 sets; 3/5 for winners, losers, and grand finals
-items off
-team attack on
-life stealing allowed
-Dave's stupid rule: a stage can't be played more than once in a match, either by random select or by picking
-stage banning: Each person/team knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-mutual banning: If all players agree to ban a counterpick level, they may ban said level from their set while retaining their original individual bans.
-mutual allowing: If all players agree to play on a certain stage as a random or counterpick, they may play on that stage even though it is otherwise banned.
-advanced slob picks: Losing player(s) choose(s) the next stage or random, winning player(s) choose(s) character(s), then losing player(s) choose(s) character(s).
-double blind pick may be called at the beginning of each set.

neutral stages:
Final destination, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby's dreamland, Yoshi's story, Fountain of dreams, Battlefield

counter pick stages:
Any stage that isnt banned and any of the neutrals

Banned stages:
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

BRAWL

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Im going to handle setups a different way because it gets confusing for me at times. I will announce how many setups i need and the first people to come will get their door fee knocked off. any setups after will just be extra.

lets make this big guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like last time!

80+ Players for smash alone!

Huge Venue with over 20 Smash setups and 40 Halo/Gears of War setups!!

Tournament hosts, Look for us!
mnitg ...................................................... vericz

Attendance List

1. Frames
2. hiroshi
3. uuaa
4. zoro
5. Marin
6. Action B@stard
7. Rx
8. Spike
9. Hungry Box
10. Rock Crock
11. Smashplayer 16
12. Poltergust
13. w0nderbread
14. D-torr
15. moses
16. qdvs
17. Flatsoda
18. kyon
19. legion
20. Red halberd
21. god meow mix
22. lolilovsrain
23. CO18
24. gindler
25. Radix
26. hozart
27. nevershootme
28. garbonzo
29. monk
30. sheermadness
31. vericz
32. StaFu
33. Zelda master timmy
34. dented glass
36. walnut
37. Zip
38. hirOI
39. polmex23
40. F-Zero
41. yummynbeefy
42. GDX
43. Galuuda
44. Seibrik
45. Afro Thundah
46. HR Nut
47. mnitg
48. GoogleMyName
49. Sumo066
50. AT&T
51.DarknessRiku
52. GambitRemy
53. MSAS
54. Linguini
55. zyzzx
56. verycoolguy
57. Mampam
58. SwAgG
59. landstalkernigel
60. Adrock
61. Finch
62. Sandtru/gmoney
63. DASHIZWIZ
64. Galax
65. Crispy one
66. Blade of Apollo
67. Deadweight
68. scidadle
69. Synikal
70. Riot
71. White bread
72. loto
73. Fearless
74. Anomic Punk
75. +
76. +
77. +
78. +
79. bigman40
80. +
81. +
82. +
83. Nick Riddle
84. Galuuda
85. teh albino
86. knihT
87. The sex Puma
88. Gringo66
89. scaryLB59

SETUPS!!

TVs

1. FG
2. FG

3. FG
4. FG
5. FG
6. FG
7. FG
8. FG
9. FG
10.FG
11.FG
12.FG
13.FG
14.FG
15.FG
16.FG
17. kyon
18. zoro
19. hbox

Friendly/MM TVs
1.Action B@stard
Action B@stard

Brawl Setups
1.vericz
2.kyon
3.uuaa
4.d-torr

Melee Setups
1. Kyon

aim= vericz

Message me with any questions or comments or suggestions!!

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Dang that place was packed! Ima go to this one. Let make sure its that packed again!

Gindler

Smash Champion
I missed the first one. The fact that there was a door fee was like a sword through the stomach, I'll just be sure to take 1 McDouble out of each mcdonalds trip to cover that I guess. I mean May is forever away (see what i did there?)

vericz

Smash Champion
I will seed brackets but I don't have points of my own to do so. I will try to start a point system of some kind tho. I may need help with that

Also there will be street fighter 4. Details will be up soon

And please frames sticky!!!

Finch

Smash Lord
You know everyone so you can just seed it yourself pretty accurately or just get colin or someone to do it.

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
Those pics makes it look like an MLG event with all of those flat screens, looks very professional. Ill have my drivers license by then, so I should be able to go to this. I just need somebody to practice with now.

vericz

Smash Champion
I sepereated a lot of players by location and if I saw certain players playing each other ( like let's say hbox and colbol) I tried to seperate them. I'm just saying having a point system for everyone would make it a lot more fair and not make it seem like I'm rigging the bracket (WHICH I DO NOT DO)

Anyways bring everyone!!!!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I will seed brackets but I don't have points of my own to do so. I will try to start a point system of some kind tho. I may need help with that

Also there will be street fighter 4. Details will be up soon

And please frames sticky!!!
You can always ask gigs kindly to use their points for seeding, or you can just let me help you seed brawl and QDVS + Colbol help you seed melee.

I can also help you with the point system :)

mnitg

Smash Apprentice
I dont uderstand why people go to gigabits so much? its garbage over there. 140 people and only 7 tv's and it smells like dying dogs in there. You smashers are weird. why not come to Florida Gaming and we can hold over 400 smashers and it will be very clean, pleasantly smelling, fast, and high payout. Gigabits is trash...whats wrong with you people???

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
No lie whenever I look at this place it looks like something everyone who plays Brawl and Melee should come to and I can't understand why everyone isn't marking their calendars for this tournament. Not enough hype for this.

Ocala and Gville where are you at?

Top Bottom