• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt $300 Pot! - 6.27.09 - LIVESTREAM UP!

ChuDat

Smash Master

-=Live Stream=-

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/chu-dat-dojo-yellow

Introduction:

Hello all,

Welcome. I'd like to introduce my ChuDat dojo tournaments. It's exactly how it sounds. We will be training at these tournaments at top level play. I believe that MD/VA hasn't been doing so well in tournaments. Out of staters are coming and taking our money. We need to make a stand and defend our title as the BEST region in all of North America. So if you want to be part of the BEST region, make sure you come to this. We will be preparing for tournaments at high level play, practicing, perfecting our mind games, learning new techniques, and above all, improve our mentality towards a competitive mentality. By the time you are ready to ascend to the next level, you should reach a "subconscious level of tournament play" meaning everything you do WILL be second nature to you. This will mentally prepare you for any and all tournaments that you attend. This is my mentality when going into a tournament and I would like to share my knowledge to get this community going strong!

What I want you to learn, do, and know:
I want everyone to take these tournaments seriously. Get the most you can from these tournaments. Do NOT go low tier characters (does not apply to low tier mains, but I suggest you guys pick up a better character to get a real chance at a competitive environment and help not only yourselves but others as well by giving them a mental challenge). We should discuss and share knowledge with each other. But most of all guys, I want you to have fun! Positive environments also help with our mentality towards the game.

Belt Title:
==================Yellow Belt==================

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANNED
1. Lie
2. Skylink

Please bring set-ups such as Brawl, a Wii, and TV sets.

Address:
1656 Annapolis Rd
Odenton, MD 21113

It might be a little bit hard to find the place. The place is red and is called "Zigs Place". Park on the RIGHT of the building. It's near a Long Johns Silver/KFC.

Date:
June 27th

Schedule:

10:00 AM Registration/Friendlies/Money Matches
11:00 AM Brawl Teams
2:00 PM Recess
2:30 PM Registration for Brawl Singles
3:00 PM Brawl Singles
8:00 PM Closed

I'm going to stress that people get here ON TIME for doubles.

IF YOU ARE LATE YOU ARE PAYING 2$ EXTRA!!!!!!!!

Everyone has 5 minutes MAYBE 10 minutes after registration is over before they are charged. Seriously try arrive on time guys =).

Housing: PM me If you need housing so that I can make a list of you guys and put you guys somewhere accordingly. Housing only goes out to the FIRST 7 people that ask. After that, you have to look around for housing.

-------- These are my prices ---------

Pick up from Metro: $4.99 <Go to Dunn Loring Merrifield Metro Station>
Pick up from Airport: $19.99 (Includes pick up and drop off)
Housing: $4.99 (Includes Smash, Blanket, Pillow, and Drinks. Staying up to play WILL cost extra).

Prices:
Venue Fee: 10$
Saturday
SSBB Teams: 10$ per person
SSBB Singles: 10$

Food: There is a KFC, Taco Bell, and other various food places of walking distance. There are also vending machines at the place.

Rules : Standard Rules for each tournament + ChuDatz Rulez (Just ask me during the tournament if you have any questions).

Stage List:

Starter stages:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's DS
Lylat Cruise

Counter PICKS:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Delphino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1

Stage Striking system: For the first match, you and your opponent will alternate and strike a starting stage until one is agreed on. This rule seems to be the most popular for out of state tournaments.

Planking Rule - If a player grabs the edge more than 50 times in a single match, then that player forfeits that match.

Controller Port Priority - If there is a dispute on what controller port a person wants to use, then it will be decided in a rock-paper-scissors fashion. For teams, winner of the rock-paper-scissors will get a chance to decide a choice between ports 1 and 4, and, ports 2 and 3.

Double Blind - If two people can't decide on a character to pick in the first match, then they must whisper their characters to a different person. The characters must be announced at the same time.

Daves Stupid Rule

Guys, remember that this tournament is supposed to be an out of state training tournament. All rules will be the exact same as an out of state tournament. Best of three matches with finals best of five and Double Elimination for all tournaments. One ban of any stage.

Singles-
1. 50%
2. 25%
3. 15%
4. 7%
5. 3% (5th place finishers will fight each other for this)
*All numbers will be rounded*

Doubles-
1. 65%
2. 25%
3. 10% or Money back. (Varies depending on the # that shows)

Contact Information:
Myspace - www.myspace.com/chudat (Don't friend request me, I only add people I know personally)
Facebook - Seach for "ChuDat"
E-Mail - Chudatzz@hotmail.com
AIM - ChuDat87
Cell Phone # - 703-989-8795

----------------------------------
Our Banner

By: Lil B

*Set-ups such as TV'S, Games, systems, and Memory card are needed for tournament efficiency*

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
This sounds fun depending on the size i might go to a few of these. I wish to also improve a lot. i am moving down south in the summer so i should get used to the area perhaps before hand. H2YL is too good for this kind off ****. Chu got the LEGIT prices 4.99 for housing LMAO yo son i want my penny back XD

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This looks really good, and it's close to me, one question though, y no Brawl+?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Looks sweet. Mind if me and/or GIMR runs a Brawl+ side tourney?

As usual I can bring a Wii and up to 3 TVs if they're needed.

BMX

Smash Lord
Whoa. A dojo? I think thats the dojo from the Matrix! lol

Chudat must've pulled some strings for that hookup. Will Morpheous be there? lol jk

K-9 and Forte, I would like to join that quest.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Sounds nice. I've been considering dropping DK to pick up a new character and haven't really decided on anyone yet, this might be a good opportunity to settle on someone. I'll plan on being there.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I have no problem with you guys setting up Brawl + AFTER the tournament is finished.

I wouldn't want Brawl+ going on DURING the tournament because it will conflict with the goal I am trying to achieve and spread.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I have no problem with you guys setting up Brawl + AFTER the tournament is finished.

I wouldn't want Brawl+ going on DURING the tournament because it will conflict with the goal I am trying to achieve and spread.
I understad. One questions though, what made you change your mind about haveing Brawl+ as a main event?

ChuDat

Smash Master
I didn't change my mind, I still plan on making Brawl+ one of the main events of my bi-weeklies. These tournaments are just focused on Brawl and I plan to keep it that way. If Brawl+ gets popular around here, then I'll be changing things around and making Brawl+ a main event here as well. Can't right now though.
-------

BTW, I'm glad of all the support this is receiving! If you have other questions feel free to ask!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Chu, can I put texture hacks on my wii during the tourney or no?

Zelda/Shiek/PT should not have texture hacks EVER, I'm letting everyone know this cause if they do that will make their switch time have lag.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Kawaii Poyo - Probably not. I've seen hacked wiis crash on multiple occasions.

I just made some small changes to the first post. Intro was changed a bit.

Major change was for housing:

Housing only goes out to the FIRST Seven people that ask. After that, you have to look around for housing.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Yeah, but thats when peepz don't know what they're doing, if you set up the codesets right, textures shouldn't cause freezing. Mine used to freeze when I first did texture hackz but its all gud nao. Anyway, PT/Zelda/Shiek texture hacks should be banned cause it makes their switch lag (don't know about Samus/ZSS, but I doubt it since it should have plenty of time to load since the change is so long anyway)

But alright, I'll just use the no tripping/replay hax0rz then, don't want peepz gettin mad if their fav color is overwritten anyway.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
ill try to see if i can make it to this chu, looks fun. wanna team? im the aggressive hard hitting snake that your passive kirby needs in a team.

if not, boss? NEO? forte? candy? trying to team with some new peoples

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Don't be mean man
srry man its now a reflex. lol i tried to stand up for this guy but it doesnt work!

Its just irritating. My bad Poyo.
True don't be mean, but poyo, people dont like it when you troll. You might think getting any attention is good but you're wrong. Bad attention is bad. I'm just warning you.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
LOL are you saying that you arent a scrub ?? what is this why are you placing yourself so high ??

the only way you are gonna become the worst smasher in md/va is if you actually try to get better

Cause im the worst smasher in Md/Va :070:

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
LOL are you saying that you arent a scrub ?? what is this why are you placing yourself so high ??

the only way you are gonna become the worst smasher in md/va is if you actually try to get better

Cause im the worst smasher in Md/Va :070:

ahhhh **** and i am teaming with u for BTYF >.> LOL j/k

Chu i would love to play some team matches with u or just play against u can we have some friendlies at BTYF and when i come to one of these.

Top Bottom