• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ad hoc Brawl Tourney at DK SmAsh's AND Stevenson University BRAWL+ tourney results

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Brawl+ 4.0 Beta

DK SmAsh's

1. Forte (Link)
2. JCaesar (R.O.B.)
3. Turbo Gilman (Dedede)
4. BMX (Wario)
5. Fake Kraid (Falco)
5. HAT (Sheik/Falcon)
7. DK Smash (Jigglypuff)
7. Red Bandit (Zelda)
9. HMS (Falcon)
9. Doom (Sheik)
9. DOS v (Samus)
9. Oathmeal (Wario)
13. Atomsk (Donkey Kong)
13. Tantalus (Snake)
13. Btree (Zero Suit Samus)
13. Nightmare (??)

DK's tourney was defaulted in losers because I had to leave along with JCaesar. Good stuff though

Stevenson University

1: JCaesar (Squirtle/R.O.B./Charizard)
2: Tantalus (Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Metaknight, G&W, Snake, Jigglypuff, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, R.O.B., Ike, Marth, Lucario, Yoshi)
3: Count Kaiser (G&W)
4: K.O.M. (Sheik/Lucas)
5: SOL3R (Wolf/Luigi)
5: Jarim (Wolf/Falcon)
7: Aron (Sheik)
7: MasQ (Olimar)

Grand Finals weren't played, but JCaesar would've won X_X

I used a different character in every game I played at this one, and it worked X_X

Bandit

Smash Lord
I checked it at the tourney; I was 7th and Zelda.

Good **** everyone! It was a fun pride tourney, and I am looking forward to the next one.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
were there the character move power tweaks? most likely if a link got 1st lol. in the latest 40 beta link is much better than he used to be

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's mostly just that Forte is really good. But yeah, they made Link's recovery a bit better and his grounded up-B semi-spikes like it did in Melee, and probably some other minor stuff.

In fact, here's one of the matches from the finals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv6tJ6R-4n8
It's mostly Forte ****** my first 3 stocks and me coming back with some gimps to make it close :p
We forgot to save the other matches.

HAT

Smash Ace
lol i didn't use kirby once.

i went entirely falcon/sheik

AND we didn't finish. i would have easily won.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Tant you forgot one of my characters, I definitely beat your MK with Charizard on your counterpick :laugh:

Fun tourney though! Hopefully we can get more people next time.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Rub it in :)

Anyways, every single person after I fought you JCaesar took me to game 3

I beat Sol3r with Snake and Lucario (lost with Diddy)
I beat Count with Donkey Kong and R.O.B. (lost with Falcon)
I beat K.O.M. with Dedede and G&W (lost with someone else, can't remember atm)

They were hard, they're good at Brawl+ and I had to figure it out pretty much in game.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hmmm after playing it yesterday something just felt wrong, I dunno what yet, but i'll keep playing, but on a side note

G&W is way too good, good stuff nerfing is dsmash but he is still ridiculous, you should've seen the 60% combo i pulled on sol3r, i personally think marth is balls though, although everyone says he is good

shanus

Smash Hero
Were you using the handicap buffer code? It seems to feel a little funky.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We were using the latest codeset before the snapshot ones. Gonna try those soon.

MK is still broken, and G&W seems so also. It might be too early to judge though. It's just that G&W is untouchable in the air with his enormous, high-priority, long-lasting aerials, and MK is still too fast for most characters to handle, and his up-B still *****. This is all IMO of course, and I may be making judgements too hastily since I still haven't had that much experience with those characters, so take that for what it's worth.

forute

Smash Ace
I think regarding MK, fthrow to up+b is too good
I also think rather than making the tornado heavier or whatever it should just be easier to DI out

When I was playing Brawl+ with other characters it felt like a different game, but when I used MK it just felt like a stiff version of regular Brawl =|

shanus

Smash Hero
Turns out the handicap buffer code left a weird delay on certain chars and not others. Its been removed and everything feels very "tight" again Tantalus.

MK has been dished up some different nerfs. I'm not quite sure how to loosen up MK without him being OP though forte :(. Maybe we can increase the hitlag during whorenado or something.

However, I managed to nerf MKs fair hitbox to make it smaller but removing the edge hitbox on the first and second swing out of three. His downsmash and shuttle loop knockback have been lowered a ton and whorenado as you mentioned, is unable to rise much. I think characters like ROB, G&W, diddy, and a few others can contend very well with MK now. G&W has also received a few nerfs too.

I recommend you all update to the latest codeset I made on mediafire. Its a snapshot hack meaning you need to first download a gct from here and put it in your codes folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a99ad2b8c7a06f936e7203eb87368129469323fc90486f855621d66e282a0ee8

After that you need to download the al_beta4test.bin and put it in a folder in your SD card of
"private/wii/apps/rsbe/AL/" download link is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a99ad2b8c7a06f936e7203eb873681296b91b341fdc9d818ce018c8114394287

Then after you load up through Gecko OS, you have to go into Album, your SD folder, and view the grey fuzzy image that is your first snapshot. Now your codes will be active.

The current changelist is as follows:
Code:
Beta 4.0 Total Changelist:

Balance Changes:

-Hitbox Code v1.1(BKB = Base Knockback, KBG=Knockback Gain)
	-Falcon: Reversable Knee
	-Falcon Raptor boost BKB set to 86, KBG set to 43
	-Jiggs: Rest BKB@118 from 100, Dmg Increased to 25, KBG to 50, 45 angle, fire
	-Sheik Ftilt: KBG@21 BKB@63 base (Orig: KBG@100 BKB: 20)
	-Sheik Fair BKB 0 from 0, KBG 135 from 108
	-Links Up+B First hitbox boosted BKB from 72 to 85
	-Link Up+B Semi spike angle changed from 269 to 16 for 2nd and 3rd hitbox and 4th hitbox
	-Link Dtilt will now always spike at 64 BKB from 90
	-Link Fsmash angle at 25 from 361
	-Samus Fsmash now provides KBG@90 and BKB@56  from  KBG@100 BKB@20
	-Samus nair (first hit), BKB to 22 from 10, KBG to 120 from 80
	-Samus Super missile – BKB 40 from 40, KBG 80 from 65, DMG 15 from 10, angle 40 from 55
	-Samus Chargeshot KBG 70 from 56, BKB 32 from 31
	-MK Downsmash both hitboxes KBG changed to 80 from 93, BKB changed to 30 from 40
	-MK Shuttle Loop BKB 55 and KBG 100, from 90 and 60
	-MK Fair outer hitbox on 1st and 2nd swipe now does nothing 
	-Snake third jab BKB 45 and KBG 95, original growth 115, original base 60
	-Bowser Fsmash final hitbox BKB 50 and KBG 90 and fire, original growth 81, BKB 22
	-Bowser Bair angle decreased to 20 from 35
	-Squirtle Utilt BKB increased to 40 from 31 
	-Lucario utilt BKB increased to 50 from 43
	-ROB utilt tweaked slightly to remove an infinite
	-ROB (trap hitbox) fixed to remove infinite
	-Ganon Up B (first hitbox) set to BKB at 50 from 31, Angle 45 from 65

-Frame Speed Modification
	-Reworked Ganons jab 
	-Bowser Utilt on frame 13, 1.5x faster
	-Bowser Ftilt 1.2x faster
	-Bowser ALR set to 40%
	-Bowser has 50% less lag on up+b landing
	-Yoshi exits shield at 2x
	-Charizard ftilt cooldown now 1.75x faster
	-As ganon's choke is now techable, after hitbox sped up from 1.2x to 1.25x.
	-Pika downthrow slowed to 70% 
	-All tether GRABS (standing grab) have had their end lag sped up:
		- Samus 1.6x wind-down
		- Link 1.5x wind-down
		- Toon Link 1.5x wind-down
		- Lucas 1.5x wind-down 
		- Yoshi 1.5x wind-down
		- Ivysaur 1.2x wind-down
 	-Zelda Ftilt 1.2x
	-Mario Dtilt speed up 1.33x after hitbox 
	-Mario fair 1.1x faster
	-Sonic Charged B 2x on exit, 2x on floor hit
	-Ivy Dair Winddown 2x faster
	-Kirby F smash windsdown 1.2x slower
	-Rob D smash comes out at .65 speed
	-GW D smash windsdown 1.5x slower
	-G&W Key set to 100% ALR, global ALR reduced to 50%
	-Ike Nair winddown decreased
	-Ganondorfs sweetspot fair frame 15 extended 4x till frame 16 when it returns to 1x
	-Ganondorf fair ALR reduced to 40%

Code Changes:
-MK's whorenado gravity nerf has been re-added
-MK flimsy armor code removed
-Falco FH increased to 1.05
-Removed Boozers Thick Skin
-Hold Shield to Swap Pokemon after death
-Momentum v4.3 to fix Sonic Momentum
-Reverted to 1 liner buffer of 2 frames till Handicap Buffer is fixed
-Updated to Framespeed Engine 3.1
-Tech Code v5 frame = 15 windows
-Default Settings Code again
-Global Momentum changed to 92.5% from 95%
-1 liner 2 frame buffer
-Hitstun increased from .484 to .4865
-Nametags are now saved in replays
-Electric Hitlag set to 1.0
-Using an older CSS now
-Luigi's mansion is now loaded without the mansion
-Removed FF during Tumble code, no AD during tumble code

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Thank you so much for this info shanus!

Sooo, now that we have so many more lines of code to work with, is it possible/easy to add our own texture hacks to Brawl+? I've never played around with texture hacks myself but within the last few days I've seen a bunch of different cool costumes and a glossy shield hack which was awesome.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
10suscribes

plus will be too good soon, i mean i already love it... to a max in fact...
i will be sure to update this thread with what i think needs to be changed... or someone lead me to the place where we can all talk about what we think needs to be changed...

but this place would be appropriate with a title change, haha! bar the fact that there will be a tourney at DK Smash's place, or... turbo's place, hahah!

but we will have a lot of info to pull from after this weekend...

shanus

Smash Hero
Thank you so much for this info shanus!

Sooo, now that we have so many more lines of code to work with, is it possible/easy to add our own texture hacks to Brawl+? I've never played around with texture hacks myself but within the last few days I've seen a bunch of different cool costumes and a glossy shield hack which was awesome.
We will be releasing the official Beta 4.0 set today. It'll have two premade SD packages, one without a texture loader, and one with.

In that premade package with the texture loader, all you need to do is go to the private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/fighter/ and then follow the instructions from this link to put in properly formatted texture hacks:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642

Its really easy. Also, the newest set has a total changelist which explains every single change made in Brawl+. I recommend you all read it. Check tomorrow in the smash workshop (prolly afternoonish for the new official set or download it from my mediafire site right now.

Top Bottom