• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dmash-Footstool-Dair-Double Dsmash combo :]

Shadow Tactics

Smash Cadet
If you Dsmash your opponent when they're around 0-10%, you can Down smash them, footstool, dair. They are then forced to get up, during which you can pivot dsmash them twice then follow up with an aerial. You guys may not find this too useful seeing as landing a Dsmash while your opponent is around the 0-10% range is rare, but meh, every little bit helps right? It's a 45%+ combo depending on what the final aerial you follow up with is =P. It doesn't work on all chars but I know it works on Snake, ZSS, Bowser, I haven't bothered to test it out on anyone else.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Haven't tested this, but if it really works, then it's great.

I want to say landing a Down Smash between 0-10% isn't that rare. You can actually glide toss down toward the enemy into a DSmash at the beginning of matches. It's a great way to surprise an enemy on the second match of a set.

If it works, this is a great way to open (if not overused).

noradseven

Smash Lord
Haven't tested this, but if it really works, then it's great.

I want to say landing a Down Smash between 0-10% isn't that rare. You can actually glide toss down toward the enemy into a DSmash at the beginning of matches. It's a great way to surprise an enemy on the second match of a set.

If it works, this is a great way to open (if not overused).
Its rare, D-smash is for charging teammates health or bucket in teammatches, and for fear in all matches. Its like Ike's F-smash you don't expect it to hit but if it does its a nice surprise.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
This could be a perfect setup for the Ftilt/DA - lock... ("Zero stepping")
..... omg...

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Its rare, D-smash is for charging teammates health or bucket in teammatches, and for fear in all matches. Its like Ike's F-smash you don't expect it to hit but if it does its a nice surprise.
I don't think using D-Smash is too rare. Yes, it doesn't happen a lot but for me it happens maybe 5+ times a match (majority on edge some on ground). I think the d-smash dair combo is rare though.

sasook

Smash Champion
The dair is just to get to the ground quickly enough so you can dsmash them again when they stand up after the footstool. It's not meant to hit. I like the idea of this, but I want to wait what other top ZSS's have to say about it.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Nice, I'll try it out tomorrow :)
And d-smash is indeed not used that much, I only use it for punishing opponents mistakes or a lock when I get the chance, but never ever ever use it as a standard attack just to hit people with.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You have to be hit during the bounce animation in order to be forced to get up. Ergo, some hit of the dair would have to hit in order for the move to work, and the second hit should always hit, and that on is too strong to lock the opponent and force a get-up.

That is, if I'm interpreting this correctly.

Shadow Tactics

Smash Cadet

You have to be hit during the bounce animation in order to be forced to get up. Ergo, some hit of the dair would have to hit in order for the move to work, and the second hit should always hit, and that on is too strong to lock the opponent and force a get-up.

That is, if I'm interpreting this correctly.
I have actually tested this, it does work, just not on all characters.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I have actually tested this, it does work, just not on all characters.
Now that I've seen the video of how it works, I see what you're talking about. I'm not quite sure why that happens, but I see it. Doing this into ftilt seems really good, especially if you do the late dash attack -> ftilt thing afterward.

sasook

Smash Champion
Whoa, just saw the vid, that's pretty freakin' sick! Is it an infinite or can it be escaped?

sasook

Smash Champion
Well the double dsmash after the dair is just a follow up to what was in the vid, I would assume.

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
Shouldn't this work at any percent? Considering the technique is you pushing your enemy back to the ground and then dair which keeps them on the ground but somehow the effect of the footstool negates the second part of Dair, the shockwave, and allows for a follow-up.

However, this is really sexy, great job :3

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble pulling this off :( I can footstool after the dsmash but I end up hitting ROB with the dair and it messes it up. It seems like the Dair cancels laglessly in the video, how do you pull that off? D:

sasook

Smash Champion
Yeah, I didn't see any dair landing lag either.

why is everyone's name lime?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm having trouble pulling this off :( I can footstool after the dsmash but I end up hitting ROB with the dair and it messes it up. It seems like the Dair cancels laglessly in the video, how do you pull that off? D:
You have to make sure everything is done ASAP, so buffer the footstool, and buffer the dair.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
OK, sorry, but this hasn't been asked yet: Is this infinite? Can the Dsmash->Pivot/Footstool->Dsmash be repeated indefinitely on these characters? If so, this is probably going to get attention very fast and be banned even faster. :(

kuenzel

Smash Ace
And the mod's names went yellow too... the green is hurting my eyes.

BTW what video are you guys talking about? I don't see one linked in this thread... I wanna see this cool new technique!!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think April Fool's day came an hour early today, unless whoever's in charge lives in Eastern Canada... or Brazil.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
IB4DALOCK!

cle

Unless Mic's just being silly in the Lucas forums...

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Ok, now that I watched the video, I'm confused as to how the down air immediately after a footstool canceled so fast the eye cant keep up.
As soon as I understand that, I'll be able to try it out tommorrow; but from the way its shown in the vid, this is at the very least a PERFECT setup for the f-tilt lock.
and seeing as footstools (apparently) are non-discriminatory- potentially an infinite on every single character.

Uh-oh. Do your research guys. Don't go blabing you're new 'infinite' to every single board just yet.
Keep it on the down-low.
Play around with it, alone, with the lights off.
When it is ready--
Then, we will strike.

EDIT: I find it hilarious that every ****ing thread in General discussion is locked.

sasook

Smash Champion
Unless Mic's just being silly in the Lucas forums...
All the mods are Mics. Check the creator of the Zero Suit Finder. They shut down and reopened the Fox, Lucas, and Ness boards. The PT boards are currently closed.

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
I've been doing some testing and I've getting it to work on ROB but it's not working on Snake. I'm using the same timing I have been using for ROB and I don't think it works for Snake because of his specific footstooled animation that makes him susceptible to getting hit by the Dair. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd really appreciate if somebody followed up on this :( I hope it does work on Snake.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I didn't have much time, but a friend of mine and I just went into training mode and attempted this. It is a zero-to-death combo on Snake.

Congratulations, everyone. We are now about as lame as you can possibly get. :laugh:

I've been doing some testing and I've getting it to work on ROB but it's not working on Snake. I'm using the same timing I have been using for ROB and I don't think it works for Snake because of his specific footstooled animation that makes him susceptible to getting hit by the Dair. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd really appreciate if somebody followed up on this I hope it does work on Snake.
try using down-b instead of dair.

Kief

Smash Ace
what do you guys think the criteria for the victim is? heavies? fatties? i have a hunch that height is the primary factor in this. (correct me if im wrong. dont know alot about zss) doesn't the stunner have set knockback, or at least for the most part? in that case, weight wouldnt be a factor. i think the main thing would be having the victim be tall enough for zss to footstool. has this been tested on everyone?

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
The infinite version (where ZSS has no lag after the dair) only works on ROB. His super weird footstool animation brings ZSS to the ground during the footstool, so hitting dair cancels the footstool and leaves ZSS lagless (capable of d-smashing and keeping the chain going).

However, this combo, (the D-smash, footstool->d-air for groundlock, d-smash as the character is standing) works on a variety of characters.

the thing is, in order to perform it on certain characters (such as Snake), you have to delay your d-air for a couple frames. The point is to not hit the character on the ground with the shockwave portion of the dair, while still connecting with the weak spike hit. I dunno if this is incredibly useful, considering you'd have to practice the distance for every character, so that you can get a 16% bonus (d-smash + d-air hit) to your normal d-smash combo.

It's definitely sweet on ROB, a fairly easy infinite, changes the match-up A LOT. D-smashing ROB isn't incredibly difficult, considering his roll is garbage.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The infinite version (where ZSS has no lag after the dair) only works on ROB. His super weird footstool animation brings ZSS to the ground during the footstool, so hitting dair cancels the footstool and leaves ZSS lagless (capable of d-smashing and keeping the chain going).

However, this combo, (the D-smash, footstool->d-air for groundlock, d-smash as the character is standing) works on a variety of characters.

the thing is, in order to perform it on certain characters (such as Snake), you have to delay your d-air for a couple frames. The point is to not hit the character on the ground with the shockwave portion of the dair, while still connecting with the weak spike hit. I dunno if this is incredibly useful, considering you'd have to practice the distance for every character, so that you can get a 16% bonus (d-smash + d-air hit) to your normal d-smash combo.

It's definitely sweet on ROB, a fairly easy infinite, changes the match-up A LOT. D-smashing ROB isn't incredibly difficult, considering his roll is garbage.
I swear I was using the infinite on Snake using down-b instead of dair. Down-b doesn't hit the opponent, it just brings you straight to the ground. But my friend is gone now and I don't see the point in testing this on CPUs. So try it and get back to me?

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
I swear I was using the infinite on Snake using down-b instead of dair. Down-b doesn't hit the opponent, it just brings you straight to the ground. But my friend is gone now and I don't see the point in testing this on CPUs. So try it and get back to me?
Are you saying that the arc-travelling animation is canceled after the footstool? That would be godly @_@

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
when are you performing the down-b to return directly to the ground without lag?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
when are you performing the down-b to return directly to the ground without lag?
Well, at the same time you would perform the dair. As far as I know they are interchangable.

**** it, I need to do more testing. Can someone get InnocentRoads on the phone? :laugh:

Are you saying that the arc-travelling animation is canceled after the footstool? That would be godly @_@
Yes. I was only able to pull it off a few times, though. I'm not a very strong technical player so stuff like this tends to be hard for me to figure out.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
I'm buffering the down-b after the footstool and I'm not landing... landing without lag with the down-b is only working on ROB for me... any pointers?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm buffering the down-b after the footstool and I'm not landing... landing without lag with the down-b is only working on ROB for me... any pointers?
I don't know. I'm going to load up the game and see if I can figure it out.

EDIT: Yeah, I can only do it like once every 10 times or something. The timing is either really tight or I'm going crazy. I've tried it so many times now that I can't even do the footstool because I'm getting frustrated, heh.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Wow at first I didn't know what you were talking about but ohh dear lord, this is great, for the few specific matchups, its better than the d-smash combo too.

Top Bottom