• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L.&.V.E. - Red Deer Bi-Weeklies.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

L.&.V.E - L3M0NZ and Victra's Event
Next: October 10th, 2009

Lemonz and I will be hosting Melee only Bi-Weeklies here in Red Deer, Alberta. Similar to the CAST series, there will be Doubles, Singles and the potential of either Low Tier, Crews or Falcon Only (depending on the time.) Set ups will be needed in order for this to run faster and smoother. If you're bringing any set ups please let us know.

Admission Costs
$10.00 will cover both the single and doubles event. After a few tournaments, admission may increase depending on the interest and if Carl wants to win more money. The total pot will be split 50/50 for singles and doubles. Extra events will most likely be either free, or seperate in cost. 10% of the pot will be cut for Lemonz parents. (Which are to cover snacks etc.)

When
Due to the work times of Lemonz and his parents, L&VE will be held on Sundays. Times will range from noon till 8pm. The time will be posted at the top of page. Check the title of this thread to see when the next event will be held as well as the top of the page. These events will be held every two weeks, with a few exceptions (tournament conflicts, holidays etc.) It will be stated if the following bi-weekly is canceled.

Where
68 Dawson Street, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

---

---​

From Edmonton
1. Head east on Jasper Ave NW toward 100A St NW
2. Turn right at 100 St NW
3. Continue on McDougall Hill Rd NW
4. Slight left to stay on McDougall Hill Rd NW
5. Continue on Scona Rd NW
6. Continue on 99 St NW
7. Turn right at 51 Ave NW
8. Slight right to stay on 51 Ave NW
9. Turn left at Calgary Trail NW
10. Slight right to stay on Calgary Trail NW
11. Continue on Hwy 2 S
12. Take exit 401 for AB-11/67 St toward Red Deer
13. Turn left at David Thompson Hwy/HWY 11
14. Slight right at 67 St
15. Continue on David Thompson Hwy/HWY 11
16. Continue on 30 Ave
17. Turn left at Dawson St

From Calgary
1. Head north on Centre St NW toward 7 Ave NE
2. Turn right at 16 Ave NE
3. Turn left onto the AB-2/Deerfoot Tr ramp to Red Deer
4. Merge onto Hwy 2 N
5. Take exit 394 to merge onto AB-2A/Gaetz Ave
6. Turn right at 32 St
7. Turn left at 30 Ave
8. Turn right at Dawson St

Previous Results

Singles:
Honorary 1. Smarms

1. K Lover
2. Victra
3. The Prized Pig
4. Farguade
5. Hong Kong Disco
5. MAIN Attraction
7. Smarms
7. Wolfman Hansome
9. Lemonz
9. Bing
9. NOOD

Doubles:
1. Sean and Connor (Jenemba + Girugamesh)
2. Victor and lvl.9 CPU (Victor and his Shamwow)
3. Brent and Zach (The Squirtle Squad)
4. Andrew and Tyson (Boomdizzle up in your Hizzle)
5. Matt and Scott (Best Friends)
5. Ben and Joel (Fire Flower)

Current Standings
In order to help stimulate the Alberta Power Rankings, results of each bi-weekly will be recorded.

smarms

Smash Cadet
sex on the beach.

can bring gamecube with disc. can also walk there if i feel like it and the weather isn't terribad.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
if you did this a week later i would of came to show you my moves.

also is it supose to be LIVE or LOVE or LAVE or L8VE cause im really lost already

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
sex on the beach. lol I donno. It's L&VE, but you'd say it as LOVE because it's cooler that way. <3

You mean during the Easter holiday? You can't come to this one?

I don't expect a huge turnout for this one anyhow. It is pretty last minute.

L3M0NZ

Smash Rookie
Hey all, im new to Smash! Your all welcome to come, it wil lbe lots of fun. my basements perfect fo hte event. Im sorry about the last minute kinda thing, next tourney ill try and give at leaste 2 weeks notice.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yes. I apologize for the extreme last minute announcement. Next weekend is easter holiday, so I wanted it to be the week before it and after it, and every other 2 weeks afterwords.

I think Alberta has gotten together as a whole like, 6 times in the past few years lol.

L3M0NZ

Smash Rookie
Hey all! im sorry about the last minuteness of the entire tourny. For the next tourney ill try my est to give at leaste 2 weeks notice and what not. This is a first time tourney and hopefully things go smoothly. All the best,
lemonz

Re:Kithkin

Smash Cadet
Hey all, im new to Smash! Your all welcome to come, it wil lbe lots of fun. my basements perfect fo hte event. Im sorry about the last minute kinda thing, next tourney ill try and give at leaste 2 weeks notice.
Hey all! im sorry about the last minuteness of the entire tourny. For the next tourney ill try my est to give at leaste 2 weeks notice and what not. This is a first time tourney and hopefully things go smoothly. All the best,
lemonz
wops double post.

Farguade

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I think you've reached the cusp of enough marth. Love the sig/shot ^_^

Wolfman Hansome

Smash Cadet
I just moved to Red Deer a few months ago and was looking for something like this. Can someone just come and watch? I would like to see the skill level of real competetive players as I only have ever played casual.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I just moved to Red Deer a few months ago and was looking for something like this. Can someone just come and watch? I would like to see the skill level of real competetive players as I only have ever played casual.
LOL WHOA WAT. SUP.

Joel, check this guy's ip just in case it's Brad or something. >_>

If not, WELCOME. Do you go to school? What part of the city do you live in? Do you go to Hunting Hills? omg please tell me you go to Hunting Hills. You should come and play anyways, you'll be able to beat Matt anyhow. lol.

Check this thread as well. It's a general Alberta thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=92006&page=246

Wolfman Hansome

Smash Cadet
I live around Oriole park north of the river up Taylor. I work at Permolex the flour mill at the NW corner of town. I figured you guys must be in high school, I am going on 25 but I love Nintendo and will play anyone who wants a match of Smash. If it is cool I would like to stop by on Sunday and check it out, Ill even enter the fee for a chance to play. Is it just at somebodys house? The first post said around noon? But is there a definite time on that because I wouldnt make it over til around 3 or so.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I live around Oriole park north of the river up Taylor. I work at Permolex the flour mill at the NW corner of town. I figured you guys must be in high school, I am going on 25 but I love Nintendo and will play anyone who wants a match of Smash. If it is cool I would like to stop by on Sunday and check it out, Ill even enter the fee for a chance to play. Is it just at somebodys house? The first post said around noon? But is there a definite time on that because I wouldnt make it over til around 3 or so.
Oh. That's pretty ghetto. LOL

Ah, that's freakin' sweet man. Yeah, it actual tournament thing starts at around 3pm actually, so it'd be perfect. Goes on till around 8pm, whenever we finish or his mom kicks us out. Yeah, it is someones house. You got the directions? It's in Deer Park, a block or so north of the Deer Park Church. Definite directions are in the opening post.

I'm so PUMPED.

Hong Kong Disco

Smash Cadet

I can't wait to meet you tomorrow. Also what character are you using?

Well see you tomorrow :D

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I doubt I'll be able to make it. I don't even have a ride.

Also, Wolfman Handsome is clean, I believe, however...

can you say web proxy?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
The $5 dollar admission, and some cash to pitch in for pizza. Otherwise, just bring yourself AND YOU'RE SKILLS.

Uh oh, Zelda and Bowser. This will be exciting.

ps. Do you like Marth? By the end of the weekend, you'll be maining him.

one of us. one of us. one of us. one of us. one of us. one of us. one of us.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
About that Zelda.

You're gonna be using down-b alot more often. Like, once every match.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, its 3. Do you wanna come over to my house sooner, and we can head over together at 2ish.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Having fun? If I come to one of these I am bringing my y.link and my y.link only.
Yeah. It was a blast. Yeah sure.

Anyways, results are up. Congrats to Sean for getting first. Shout outs!

Sean: Intense matches. We need to play more than we do normally.
Connor: Sorry about Loser Finals. Good job getting third. It was too bad we couldn't get commentary. You said some good ****.
Scott: Sorry about throwing that snowball at your wang and not giving you a ride home. My dad brought his van, and it's full of his tools and stuff. There wasn't any room. =( You did fantastic though. Sorry you teamed with Matt LOL. And sorry for 3 stocking you with Roy. Lots of apologies man. I'll buy you lunch sometime.
Brent: Sorry about playing ******** characters in our set. I'll be more legit next time.
Zach: I donno if using Pikachu against you in our set was an insult or anything. You said it yourself, Alberta needs more variety ;o If it came across as an insult, I apologize.
Andy: I'll just mention you here even though I already talked to you a few minutes ago. lol. Good job.
Tyson: I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOU'RE FIRST TOURNAMENT. It was fun yah? I hope you come to the upcoming ones!
Matt: Fail lol. You got ***** by Tyson's Bowser as Sheik. GG.

Farguade

Smash Apprentice
Was a real fun time there, should actually play like... more singles with Victor so I can get a head around the game a little bit more than "run at them and nair". It's all good Vic, if you can beat me so easily with Pickachu it just shows that I need to play a much much smarter game hehe.

Also, sorry for making you feel like the tourneys m2k, you would have had it with the falco fd, good showmanship ^_^

Also, Also, yeah, I'm just a quiet, sarcastic, and bitter person when it comes to 1v1 competition. Think nothing of it everyone ;)

Top Bottom