• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AllinOne I (Friday Night Brawl)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Results:

Singles:
1: Flare ($15.00) (MK / Snake)
2: Chaos ($8.00) (Marth)
3: Elixir ($0.00) (Snake)
4: Blue (Sonic)
5: Rob M (Kirby)
5: Apple (Olimar)
7: Ryan M (Snake)
7: RUE (Lucario)
9: Cyanide
9: Jorge
9: Victor
9: Jeremy
13: Niri
13: Kick
13: Scope
13: Shane
17: John G
17: Beard
17: REB
17: Greg
17: Tyler J

Doubles:
1: Flare / Cyanide ($12.00)
2: Blue/Chaos
3: Ryan M / Shane
3: Jorge/ Victor
5: Rue / T3T
5: Tyler J / Rob
5: scope/apple
5: Jeremy/ Beard

My apologies that this ran so late. We should be there earlier to start about an hour before when we did today AND have another setup, so if this doesn't wrap up by 10:30 I'll be surprised.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Flares so bad. :mad:
My tag is Rain from now on, because I have a package of Rain Take5 right here.

Name yourself after gum some more.

Also...

STOP ****ING AROUND IN TOURNEY MATCHES LATE AT NIGHT

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to start coming to these again if ~20 people are actually showing up.

I'll have Rigel take me and I'll team with him. :)

Why was the payout so ridiculously small? Is the venue taking 90%? Wtf?

How big are the other games like SF4 and SC4?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I'm gonna start going back myself but the reason the payout is so small is because it's 3 dollars to enter singles and the same for doubles. At least thats what it says on AIB

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm gonna start going back myself but the reason the payout is so small is because it's 3 dollars to enter singles and the same for doubles. At least thats what it says on AIB
Yep, it's only $3 per entry. Honestly, it's nice not having to pay much, as it's relatively enjoyable.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
They can't make it at least $5? >_>; That will actually attract some bigger names to their events.
That's not what anybody is interested in.

Shockingly, some of us do play this for reasons other than that of money.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
That's not what anybody is interested in.

Shockingly, some of us do play this for reasons other than that of money.
Actually, I have to agree with Inui on this one. $5 is not a lot of money at all but still enough to bring about a decent amount for a prize. That way it's still cheap and there's more incentive for a bigger crowd. I enjoy playing the game in general but I wish they would bump the fee to $5 as well

Orion*

Smash Researcher
They can't make it at least $5? >_>; That will actually attract some bigger names to their events.
this is the reason they stopped doing it. if you just want to play and hang out then this place is nice, but nobodys there to make money. Im saying that and ive won the last 2 weeks XD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Actually, I have to agree with Inui on this one. $5 is not a lot of money at all but still enough to bring about a decent amount for a prize. That way it's still cheap and there's more incentive for a bigger crowd. I enjoy playing the game in general but I wish they would bump the fee to $5 as well
And all the big-names would drive out the local people who come to play every night. He's not looking to generate a crowd.

If it goes to $5 I know I won't be going.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If the prize was at least equal to what I'd spend in gas, I'd come...which would make more people come...as in my crew...

Top players draw crowds.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If the prize was at least equal to what I'd spend in gas, I'd come...which would make more people come...as in my crew...

Top players draw crowds.
Nobody really wants crowds here.

That's what Saturday tourneys are for.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
$5 is not a large entry fee and I wouldn't consider it enough to generate "big" tournaments every Friday at all. It would interest a few more people to go on a regular basis and I can't see the regular crowd having an issue with a $2 increase.

CY, you wouldn't go if it was $5? Even if more people went, Orion is winning currently anyway. Also, having him the only one there that is good at the game doesn't give you many chances to increase your own skill or matchup experiences. These may not be competitive like saturday events, but you still intend to win right?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Orion has been ****** the past 2 weeks. No offence to him at all but there are better players than him that go to tournys all the time. He's even been sandbagging. If he can destroy everyone there without even trying then I don't have to assume anything, I can go by fact.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Nobody at these is good.

Fact.

Making the entry fee at least enough to cover my gas expenses would cause me to go, and thus my crew, making the event bigger and making the venue more money.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Nobody at these is good.

Fact.

Making the entry fee at least enough to cover my gas expenses would cause me to go, and thus my crew, making the event bigger and making the venue more money.
How's this to dissuade you, then?

If more than about 20 people come the bracket will be too large and it'll be single elim, which I'm definitely not paying for in lieu of top players attending.

I'm sorry. I'm not willing to convince the owner to up the price and drive out the local folks so you can make money.

@kai: I currently don't have a job, so honestly, any money I can avoid spending is good money, especially given that I pay for my own breakfast and lunch every day, and get no allowance.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
$2, oh no! So much more money! How can the locals ever afford it!?

wtf @ single elimination
We ran past the store's closing time last week with double elim singles brackets and single elim doubles brackets. Starting an hour earlier wouldn't do much to alleviate that, honestly, given the small venue and small number of setups.

You're more than welcome to take this up with the owner, I'm just letting you know that I'm not taking part in it.

Purple

Hi guys!
No need to get in the guy's face for making it so cheap. This is considering that there's no pot fee at the moment. Just three dollar entry.

speaking of which, i did the math and first place would've gotten 61 dollars if all three dollars was for pot. Was two dollars of it for entry and one for pot or something?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
We ran past the store's closing time last week with double elim singles brackets and single elim doubles brackets. Starting an hour earlier wouldn't do much to alleviate that, honestly, given the small venue and small number of setups.

You're more than welcome to take this up with the owner, I'm just letting you know that I'm not taking part in it.
I thought they started at 6-6:30. More people would mean more setups and Inui could manage their tournaments much faster than anyone else there. If we have wii's and tv's as well as someone who knows what they're doing availible I can't see how it would take more than 2 hours.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I thought they started at 6-6:30. More people would mean more setups and Inui could manage their tournaments much faster than anyone else there. If we have wii's and tv's as well as someone who knows what they're doing availible I can't see how it would take more than 2 hours.
I was the one running it, and the only reason it ran slowly was because we had only two usable TVs for the majority of the tourney.

There really isn't room there for more TVs, honestly.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Pervatasaurus - If roughly 20 people went and it was $3 for entry then first wouldn't get about $60. Last I checked 2nd was paid out as well. There is some money missing from 1st and 2nd though. I'd like to know more about that.

CY- I was told that it was much different than the last time I went and there was MORE space. Is this wrong? Also, don't take it personally but I'm sure Lucas can run it faster than anyone attending there now.

So is bringing an extra tv/ wii a bad thing? I would certainly hope room can be made.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Also, don't take it personally but I'm sure Lucas can run it faster than anyone attending there now.
There was literally no down-time at all the entire tourney. Every possible second a match could have been going, it was. Maybe Inui could get Orion to not intentionally lose two matches of Winners Finals next time? Or SD after he's already won a match in Grand Finals? The only thing that soaked time was match length.

The venue isn't much more spacious. Other tourneys (Card games, miniatures, Soul Calibur) go on as well simultaneously.

ETA: There may be room for 1-2 extra TVs.

Also, I appreciate that Inui can run the stuff well, but part of why I'm enthusiastic about this is because I need the experience. I have no intention of having Inui run our tourney in June, so I need to be competent enough to be able to do it then.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
4 tvs sounds like an ok amount to finish on time.

I'll reserve any further judgement about the events until this friday when I actually go.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
4 tvs sounds like an ok amount to finish on time.

I'll reserve any further judgement about the events until this friday when I actually go.
That's probably a good choice, lol.

Hopefully Orion will be there but he said he might not; in any event he's lending me his TV / wii for a setup there.

ETA: As I recall he may be going to Doom's and then to Poly the next day. Honestly, I don't see why he can't do both, but hey, to each their own. xD

Top Bottom