• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TP ganonraped people.

TP

Smash Master
I came in 4th of 47 at my first tournament ever. Here's the breakdown. I'll let you guys determine if I went Ganon enough.

Round 1 - some random girl
1) Ganon vs Kirby, Final Destination. I chainchoked her all day on that stage. I got a string of 6 chokes at one point. If you guys have not been chainchoking Kirby, do it. I win game 1.
2) Ganon vs Kirby, Delfino. She CPed Delfino, I don't know why. I ended the match with a spike through the water.

Round 2 - some random guy
1) Ganon vs Luigi, Battlefield. I won a pretty close match. I landed an Utilt while he was recovering.
2) ROB vs Luigi, Jungle Japes. He CPed Japes, so I would be stupid if I didn't switch to ROB. I 3 stocked him.

Round 3 - Future
1) MK vs ICs, Smashville. I saw him use ICs before our match, so I couldn't go as Ganon. This match was close, but I won.
2) MK vs Diddy, Smashville. I was expecting him to stay as ICs. He beat me.
3) Ganon vs Bowser, Norfair. I was at 180 on my first stock when I ganoncided him while he was at 0. I win.

Round 4 - Some guy who beat Legan (Legan ended up getting 5th)
1) Ganon vs Ness, Delfino. He won. Ness is a *****.
2) Ganon vs Ness, Norfair. I won. Ness sucks.
3) Ganon vs Ness, Smashville. I won, barely.

Winner's Semis - Thinkaman
1) Ganon vs Jiggs, Smashville. He ***** me.
2) Ganon vs Jiggs, Norfair. He ***** me even harder.
Thinkaman ended up winning the tournament.

Loser's Quarterfinals - Future again
1) Ganon vs Diddy, Battlefield. He beat me, but it was close.
2) Ganon vs Bowser, Norfair. The lad just doesn't learn, does he?
3) ROB vs Diddy, Smashville. He got to pick his character second, so I could not stay as Ganon. I won, last stock.

Loser's Semis - Metal
1) ROB vs MK, Smashville. I had seen him use Falco and DDD earlier, and he called for double blind selection, so I could not risk going Ganon. It didn't matter, he won anyway.
2) Ganon vs MK, Norfair. It was close, but he won.
Metal came in 2nd in the tournament.

Top 3 got money. :(

See Kalm? I told you I was better offline than online.

None of my matches were recorded.

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
Nice job dude. Too bad about the whole money concept though.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
I lol'd at this part. Epic stuff man. Good job. I actually have a tournament coming up. Judging on that I'll stick with Smurfydorf mostly but I'll bring out D3 or Marth lol.

But once again, good job man. :)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Good stuff, dude. Great job making it so far in your first tournament.

With Ganon, no less.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
TP's a pretty cool guy
eh (thunder)storms onto tournament scenes and doesn't afraid of anything

Ganonraped. You have to tell us when the vids go up. I need to know who that Ness guy is.

What the hell were you thinking counterpicking Norfair on Jiggs though? WTF? FD would've been better.

... I'm so ****ing jealous right now. It's cause you actually play with people. But it's Wifi?!? How did that count?

Ant1

Smash Ace
I came in 4th of 47 at my first tournament ever. Here's the breakdown. I'll let you guys determine if I went Ganon enough.

Round 1 - some random girl
1) Ganon vs Kirby, Final Destination. I chainchoked her all day on that stage. I got a string of 6 chokes at one point. If you guys have not been chainchoking Kirby, do it. I win game 1.
2) Ganon vs Kirby, Delfino. She CPed Delfino, I don't know why. I ended the match with a spike through the water.
Gj at getting that far, it takes some guts to go all Ganon, i know i had some urges to switch to snake when i played at one point i used D3 but i lost the match so i didn't count.
LOL she picked Delfino, wow u should have said thanks to her.

Did he f-air u to oblivion? Ganon can't really do much about it, i better not tell my brother that lol.

I would've thought Ganon beat jiggs but watever.

Did u ban frigate orpheon?
And don't be sad about not winning any money. I came first with ganon in Australia and i won nothing, as it was donated! Was for a good cause though. Bragging rights are sometimes worth more than money :D

:034:

Smash Hero
Good ****, bro! That's how we Ganons roll around here.

Be sure to check if those results are posted in Ankoku's Character Rankings List. Also, I think you did pretty well with counterpicking, except Norfair against Jiggs... Then again Thinkaman is too good.

TP

Smash Master
Not true. It just took me two times to learn, instead of one.
I <3 you.

Ganonraped. You have to tell us when the vids go up. I need to know who that Ness guy is.

What the hell were you thinking counterpicking Norfair on Jiggs though? WTF? FD would've been better.
No vids of me, safly. The Ness guy was Cheesymike, a 15 year old kid with 7 posts on this site. Counterpicking Norfair may not have been brilliant, but I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. That set was hopeless the minute I sat down next to him.

Did he f-air u to oblivion? Ganon can't really do much about it, i better not tell my brother that lol.
He did that plenty, yes. Eventually I started approaching him with crouch>crouch>crouch>crouch>Wizkick. I had to scare him into using Fair and punish him. It wasn't easy.

Dam, pretty sweet dude. And 47 people with money for top 3? Wow. How much did you miss out on?
Thinkaman got $300. Metal got $120. Amazing Ampharos (3rd placer) got $50.

Be sure to check if those results are posted in Ankoku's Character Rankings List. Also, I think you did pretty well with counterpicking, except Norfair against Jiggs... Then again Thinkaman is too good.
That thread died, man. :(

Legan

Smash Lord
TP's a pretty cool guy
eh (thunder)storms onto tournament scenes and doesn't afraid of anything

... I'm so ****ing jealous right now. It's cause you actually play with people. But it's Wifi?!? How did that count?

Wow thanks for puttin me out there like that TP. The ness was pretty good, much better than I expected because I sandbagged him first match. The second match I was a little shaken up and I lost it. I then fought 4 in a row to face him back in losers & 2-0'ed him so it wasnt really the ness but just me being lazy.

GJ anyway TP, especially since it was your first tourney. Woulda been fun to face you in the tourney, but If I didnt go in losers first round, I wouldnt have gotten to play so many matches . I dont really lose to Ganons though so it's probably for the best we didnt meet <3. (My form of **** Talk)

TP

Smash Master
Wow thanks for puttin me out there like that TP. The ness was pretty good, much better than I expected because I sandbagged him first match. The second match I was a little shaken up and I lost it. I then fought 4 in a row to face him back in losers & 2-0'ed him so it wasnt really the ness but just me being lazy.

GJ anyway TP, especially since it was your first tourney. Woulda been fun to face you in the tourney, but If I didnt go in losers first round, I wouldnt have gotten to play so many matches . I dont really lose to Ganons though so it's probably for the best we didnt meet <3. (My form of **** Talk)
LOL you're the coolest non-Ganon main ever. When I faced the Ness main, he told me he beat you from luck. I know you are vastly better than me, don't worry. Also, there is no way I would have gone Ganon against you. I actually would have gone Mario, since you have plenty of MK practice and ROB is such a large target. We'll make it happen eventually.

Teh Future

Smash Master
omg never go ROB against legan, its hopeless. The worst part is that he keeps trying to tell people thats its a terrible matchup for him, and then he completely ***** you.

And Gannondorf does not do well againstJiggs at all. I think its funny when low tier players underestimate other characters because they are low tier. imo Jiggs has a large advantage in that matchup.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
omg never go ROB against legan, its hopeless. The worst part is that he keeps trying to tell people thats its a terrible matchup for him, and then he completely ***** you.

And Gannondorf does not do well againstJiggs at all. I think its funny when low tier players underestimate other characters because they are low tier. imo Jiggs has a large advantage in that matchup.
Not if it's played properly..

Great work, Prince. I guess you are 'as' good as you claimed to be, offline.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord

Okay, (A) why are you quoting me in that post?

And (B) I'm surprised that comment in your sig was 'clean' enough to make its way into anyone's sig. I thought it was too clunky, but especially the last sentence seems irrelevant to your purpose for it, Legan.

:confused:

(no johns) Really, why would you sandbag?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

And (B) I'm surprised that comment in your sig was 'clean' enough to make its way into anyone's sig. I thought it was too clunky, but especially the last sentence seems irrelevant to your purpose for it, Legan.

Legan just hates it when he loses.

You should have seen him after his 5-3 loss against me, where I was Ganon, and he was Link. Yeah, I had to throw that out there, especially after reading his post.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lmao at taking wi-fi seriously.

Legan came back and 2-0ed the same person in the loser's brackets when they faced each other again.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
lmao at taking wi-fi seriously.

Legan came back and 2-0ed the same person in the loser's brackets when they faced each other again.
I wasn't taking wifi seriously. If Legan underrate's Ganon as much as he does, then should he not be able to "defeat" him even if it is wifi?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I wasn't taking wifi seriously. If Legan underrate's Ganon as much as he does, then should he not be able to "defeat" him even if it is wifi?
See, you are.

Taking wifi seriously means (or entails) believing the normal laws of competition apply there.
One of those laws is that the vastly better player wins.

This law, for those who contend not to take wifi seriously, doesn't hold there.

(Notice I'm not taking a position on whether wifi is or is not serious.)

Legan

Smash Lord

I quoted you in that post because you said you wanted to check out the ness player, I figured you thought he was really good because he beat me and gave tp a hard time.

I quoted you because I lol'd from the typo TP made and you having a good response to it made me want to sig it.

Im also not johning, im just telling it like it is, I honestly didnt try the first round because ive never seen or heard of the kid before nor had I warmed up or played brawl for a week prior to this tournament. It was dumb on my part and if you see it as a john than it really doesnt matter because in the end I came back from losers just to give him the real match that he deserved. (Hence me 2-0'ing him).

Legan just hates it when he loses.

You should have seen him after his 5-3 loss against me, where I was Ganon, and he was Link. Yeah, I had to throw that out there, especially after reading his post.
You're pretty bad at brawl Kalm Im not gunna lie. That claim doesnt even make you sound remotely good, you beat me on wifi when i borrow a wii for like 3 days just goofin around and you think it actually means something. I honestly dont mind losing, I have great sportsmanship and I have a good time regardless. Not that you would know that seeing you've never actually attended a tournament.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I think it's possible for a more reserved Ganon to try and control his space against Jiggly. He has a lot of power so if he stays put, doesn't get hasty, and throws out a lot of moves like bair and dtilt or something, he can outdamage Jiggly for the win. That could force jiggly into an air-campy position, but it still evens up the playing field IMO

(sigh camping battles LOL)

Perhaps jiggs' maneuverability does give her the advantage thoguh

TP

Smash Master
I think it's possible for a more reserved Ganon to try and control his space against Jiggly. He has a lot of power so if he stays put, doesn't get hasty, and throws out a lot of moves like bair and dtilt or something, he can outdamage Jiggly for the win. That could force jiggly into an air-campy position, but it still evens up the playing field IMO

Thinkaman was ALL OVER ME the entire match. I never got any space to do anything. I did not land a single choke, which meant I had no ground game. You can't win an air war against Jigglypuff. However, I will not comment on the matchup. Matchup numbers are based on the two players having similar levels of skill, which we did not.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Thinkaman was ALL OVER ME the entire match. I never got any space to do anything. I did not land a single choke, which meant I had no ground game. You can't win an air war against Jigglypuff. However, I will not comment on the matchup. Matchup numbers are based on the two players having similar levels of skill, which we did not.
Jigglypuff is nasty easy for Ganon..and I'm saying this.

Miles.

Smash Champion

Off level vs jiggs...ganon is dead.

And on level Jiggs can combo Ganon really well and Can just bait him all day. Ganon has to throw out moves (spaced welll to keep jiggs at bay) but it is clearly in Jiggz favor. I am not being biased either, I effing love ganon in brawl.

Online pro!!

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Im also not johning, im just telling it like it is, I honestly didnt try the first round because ive never seen or heard of the kid before nor had I warmed up or played brawl for a week prior to this tournament. It was dumb on my part and if you see it as a john than it really doesnt matter because in the end I came back from losers just to give him the real match that he deserved. (Hence me 2-0'ing him).
Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of johning. I look at the phrase as a kind of mantra: something funny, but more fundamentally, something that unifies competitive gamers. Repeating it reminds us that we have a similar experience, and IMO injects something positive into gatherings and discussions.

But more importantly, lulz. You can't indict me if it was for the lulz.

^_^

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
What the hell were you thinking counterpicking Norfair on Jiggs though? WTF?
That's what I said. ;) After he picked Norfair, I told him "I would have CP'd Norfair myself!" The only character I have ever played that gained a biggest advantage on Norfair than Jigglypuff is Bwett's Yoshi. (Defense on bottom platform is absurd.)

Jiggs does have a large advantage in the ganon match up.
I consider Ganon Jigg's easiest matchup.

Bair is a non-issue, and d-tilt? D-tilt is one of my favorite Ganondorf moves (Ganon is one of the ~5 characters I use frequently), but it hits things that are on the ground. In other words, never Jigglypuff.

Ganon's only saving grace against Jigglypuff is the uair, which she can move around if she knows it's coming.

The first match, first stock, you got one aerial choke and one ground choke. I made a point not to let either happen again. ;)

Considered me entertained.

TP

Smash Master
BTW guys, I was A-sticking the entire time. I was NOT about to miss a crucial choke followup. In fact I won against the Ness on Norfair while at over 100 with choke>Ftilt, which isn't even guaranteed against Ness. Had he DIed the choke correctly, he probably would have grabbed and killed me. I heard someone behind me comment on the range of Ganon's SS Fsmash while I was playing, so not having the C-stick for that was no big deal.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Heavies like Bowser and Ganon that normally do well on Norfair get owned by characters like Jiggs and MK. x_x
Well characters like jiggs, MK, and Luigi can just maneuver around Norfair so much better then Ganon. They're ultimately going to be more comfortable.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well, sorry to disappoint you but, Ganon ***** Jigglypuff.

Ganon's weight makes him easily susceptible to Bair and Uair chains. Pound rips through his already limited approach strategies. Ganon's telegraphed anti-air game isn't too effective on a character who can friggin' dance in the air. Gerudo's use is limited on a character who only touches the ground to grab and refresh jumps (which we don't even need the ground or a ledge to do so anymore LOL). He's also one of the few characters which I feel safe enough to Rest on a constant basis.

I'd post more, but I'm about to leave class.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

Ganon's weight makes him easily susceptible to Bair and Uair chains. Pound rips through his already limited approach strategies. Ganon's telegraphed anti-air game isn't too effective on a character who can friggin' dance in the air. Gerudo's use is limited on a character who only touches the ground to grab and refresh jumps (which we don't even need the ground or a ledge to do so anymore LOL). He's also one of the few characters which I feel safe enough to Rest on a constant basis.

I'd post more, but I'm about to leave class.
Jigglypuff's weight compared to Ganondorf's strength brings this match-up up to a neutral.

Pound rips through his already limited approach strategies.
Ganon doesn't have to approach at all in this match-up, none of Jigglypuff's moves forces him to approach. Pound is a good move, it has range and priority, but it's still shieldable and punishable. Which really shouldn't be a problem to do.

Gerudo's use is limited on a character who only touches the ground to grab and refresh jumps (which we don't even need the ground or a ledge to do so anymore LOL).
No Ganon will ever approach with Gerudo, especially not against characters with good aerial speed, such as Jigglypuff. There are other ways to land it, such as bait and trap. Plus when we do land it, you could count on a 16-21% damage chain, possibly more, as you get a jab or DTilt right after. If we manage to Gerudo Jigglypuff at around 70%+ passed more than half the stage, then you could only wish to survive our FTilt.

Gerudo may be hard to land, but once it's land, you're taking about half the percentage it takes Ganon to kill you.

Top Bottom