• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vish's MM with Alex19

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
So I played two sets with him night before Mango Juice. I was happy with some stuff I did, namely match 1 of the second set, but generally he was handling me. I only won 2 matches out of 6. I'm pretty sure there are some bad habits I have that you guys might help me fix. Any tips or pointers would be swell. Citing times would be brilliant.
^_^

I am consciously trying to get better, and fox is one of my worse match ups. Specific advice is nice, as opposed to like "Get better DI" or something lol. Anyway, here they are.

Money Match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edc3hUjs1t0&feature=channel_page

Money Match 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI4RR66C3u4&feature=channel_page

Thanks!

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Vish, your falcon is especially manly... but alex needs to be less technical

6:29 in the first vid was extra sexy

If I hadn't had term papers to write I would have seen you guys at Mango Juice :( Also, we need to have falcon ditto rematches, I want my $5 back.

-perez

joeplicate

Smash Master
vish you should work on hitting your knees more

for instance, a lot of times I saw you tech chase and throw out a knee, but you would miss the fast fall so it only hit with the weak knee

I also think you should be more patient
I see you doing raptor boosts that miss a lot of the time, or doing moves that you should have waited to do or just not done

instead of trying to constantly predict your opponent (during tech chases, for example), you should just focus on your opponent and then react

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
I shouldn't talk since my falcon sucks, but I saw quite a few mis-spaced nairs get you punished. I would say try to DI away more so the nair spaces better.
I like your mind games. Learned a few cool things from you :)

Also...
Falcon Punch that fox!
....I know they were MM and it would have been stupid... I just had to say it. lol.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Tight ****. But sometimes you get punished when you spam aerials. You are just running across the stage with aerials and he caught you a few times.

just slow down a little and focus more. You would be so much more **** with harder tech chase punishes.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
lawl kaos, no need to repeat exactly what you said in the mango falcon thread XD
getting up that post count eh? lololol.

Thx calmchaos ^_^

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
You're pretty good, you just need practice. After hearing some people in B.C thoughts on your falcon, they said you have some punishable patterns. And if you look inside the beginning of the first video you can see just about everything you did was an aerial.

Well whatever though, are you coming up to TS3 on may2nd/3rd with combo status? :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you are way too aggressive. if you dash dance in place, your friend WILL come to you.

dd camp for grabs and try remembering what his pattern is for his techs. it just looked like you guessed randomly each time.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
well...like spacefalcon said you do have some patterns that are punishable one that i saw was that almost everytime you first tried to get in with a nair and then dash dance for a short time run in for a dair and get out repeat and you almost always go for raptor boost after a dair and tend to miss more then hit. work on landing knees in the first 30 seconds of the second vid you coulda taken a stock but messed up thats all i got

Top Bottom