• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I thought some of you were joking about the snake thing. Jigglypuff is too fast in the air for Snake to easily get past her-- he will be taking quite a few hits, and well spaced attacks goes through all of snake's aerials (or punishes the whiff).

Snake has to make due with nades, his fast fall speed, and prediction to land safely. Jigglypuff's risk to juggle snakes dramatically increases around 80-90, but it's better than Snake on the ground.

@VaNz: Nice job. I saw it browsing through some tournament results earlier today.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Honestly though, G&W is Jiggly's worst matchup. Vex is pretty much 100% possitive his G&W can beat any Jiggs. He plays my Jigglypuff alot so he knows the matchup well too.

Characters like Luigi, Metaknight, and Snake aren't nearly as bad as what G&W is towards Jiggs.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Can you tell me why it's so bad for Puff?

I mean, MK looks unwinnable for Puff as well theory-wise, but we know that isn't the case.
Well I don't know the matchup super well or anything so I can't really say how. On the other hand Vex probably knows alot of reasons why. The only thing I can say is that I get my *** kicked by his G&W alot.

But if I were to say anything, I guess its mostly because G&W mostly relies on close combat battle and not being out prioritized. And well, G&W has faster and longer ranged attacks than Jigglypuff does. Ontop of that he can live longer and kills much better. His smash attacks kill Jigglypuff at like 60% He has excellent planking skills and he'll wreck you if you try to stay on the ledge yourself. There really isn't a single point where you can drill rest him either. He can spam all the attacks we want but if we even try to do drill to rest, he'll just up b right out of it. Try punishing that and he'll just out prioritize you with his own attack.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
But if I were to say anything, I guess its mostly because G&W mostly relies on close combat battle and not being out prioritized. And well, G&W has faster and longer ranged attacks than Jigglypuff does.
So does Meta Knight. I've never had much trouble with him.

Ontop of that he can live longer and kills much better. His smash attacks kill Jigglypuff at like 60%
This seems legit.

He has excellent planking skills and he'll wreck you if you try to stay on the ledge yourself.
Ledge-grab limit stops planking... And, don't stay on the ledge?

There really isn't a single point where you can drill rest him either. He can spam all the attacks we want but if we even try to do drill to rest, he'll just up b right out of it. Try punishing that and he'll just out prioritize you with his own attack.
Well there is more to Puff than drill-resting lol, and I can still see Drill being REALLY legit in this MU anyway.

Nair/Bair are ********.
Comparable to MK's aerials. I can think of lots of ways to punish them just by out-spacing/out-mindgaming.

Not easily gimped.
Kills us at 50-60
bucket brake.
These are all legit.

---

Just saying guys, this really seems more like a -2 to me than some godly unwinnable match-up. I'll be housing the best G&W in Australia in a couple of weeks, so we'll see how I do then, lol.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
No no no.
MK's aerials are fast and don't have much range.

GaW's aerials have broken hitboxes (besides fair, it's like ours)
and have multi hits.
He can approach with bair.
and we can't get through.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So does Meta Knight. I've never had much trouble with him.

We lose to G&W on the ground AND air. Against MK we only get out prioritized on the ground.

Ledge-grab limit stops planking... And, don't stay on the ledge?

I was referring to what Woody did to my G&W when I fought him. Even though I'm not very good at G&W he ***** me on the edge with his arieals. Though against a good G&W, its the other way around.

Well there is more to Puff than drill-resting lol, and I can still see Drill being REALLY legit in this MU anyway.

You're never going to hit fair on G&W. And even if you do, you won't kill him for a long time because of his bucket break. The only way to kill at the same % as him is to drill rest, and you won't even be able to land that against a good G&W, especially one that knows how to smash DI.

Comparable to MK's aerials. I can think of lots of ways to punish them just by out-spacing/out-mindgaming.

Mindgaming is not part of the matchup, that depends on the player. And same thing can be said the vice versa, G&W can out space/mindgame you too

Just saying guys, this really seems more like a -2 to me than some godly unwinnable match-up.
Never said it was an unwinnable matchup, I said it is Jiggly's WORST matchup (though Yoshi could also go for her worst matchup too).

I'll be housing the best G&W in Australia in a couple of weeks, so we'll see how I do then, lol.

Make sure he knows the Jigglypuff matchup before you do anything. If he doesn't then its not creditable like when I beat M2k with Jiggs, he simply didn't know the matchup
Responses in orange

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I am still highly convinced it snake. He is just impossible to kill if you have people with godly snake di like ally... I would never EVER use jiggs vs snake competitively. If match ups were still with ratios I would give it a 75-25 snake.

Also gaw is BAD but not her worst. A good ic only need 3 grabs but isn't considered her worse match up... And rest with trip actually works wonders here.

I can see snake being her worst.
And very bad for her: yoshi, marth, gaw (luigi?)

:phone:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
At least we don't have to deal with yoshi in low tiers,

So as sad as it is, I'm happy with the tier list change :D

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Huh new tier list where?! link me

Edit: that tier list is stupid as hell. Olimar got no rise, JIGGS IN GANON'S TIER AND NOT ABOVE SAMUS.....

I only agree withn yoshi.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
well damn, gonna have to change the opening of my guide from "F-tier" to "H-tier" :urg:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
How the **** is Link better than Jiggs. This is ****ing retarted as hell and I am just about the saltiest camper right now.

T-block

B2B TST
Umm... Link is pretty damn good. I don't have a problem with that at all.

30. Lucas
31. Mario
32. Link
33. Jigglypuff
34. Captain Falcon
35. Samus
36. Bowser
37. Zelda
38. Ganondorf

was my ordering, with Mario, Link, and Jigglypuff all being really damn close.

Samus, Bowser and C. Falcon being > Jiggs though is questionable =\

Exegguter

Smash Lord
No seriously with whom puffster has beaten and mink and her match ups i don't see ANY ground why she would drop let alone be below LINK?! and in H TIER? how is falcon/samus better then her anyway?!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Samus i will accept.
Her projectiles and Zair can outspace us
and OOS upB is annoying as ****.
It's a close match, but she has the advantage.

Falon?
**** no.

I consistently beat a top cap'n falcon over here in fl.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Samus i will accept.
Her projectiles and Zair can outspace us
and OOS upB is annoying as ****.
It's a close match, but she has the advantage.

Falon?
**** no.

I consistently beat a top cap'n falcon over here in fl.
its not about the matchup between Jiggs and Samus. Its how they both do against everyone.

As Jiggs we do good against a lot of top tier charcters. I don't know how we go down after all that we've done.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Link is pretty underrated. He can camp the hell out of all the low tiers, and he has pretty good range compared to most of them.

But dat recovery...

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Bowser over Link I will never understand.

Bowser is not THAT bad with all the grabstuff he has en the power he could never be in H tier, that would be ridiculous.

But guys,
I actually think this tierdropment benefits us, now less people will even care about learning the jiggs match up and will get reckless. I'd rather play an opponent in a tourney who doesn't know **** about jiggs then an opponent who knows the match up cause she is ''good'' and totally kicks my ***.
See it from the bright sight :D:D:D!

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Definitely, not being considered a threat helps more than it hurts.

IMO: Lucas > Mario > Bowser > Link > Jiggs = Zelda > Falcon > Samus > Ganon.

T-block

B2B TST
4th worse to 3rd worse isn't going to make a difference in that regard =P

Bowser is pretty bad. Up-b OoS is really his only redeeming feature. The grab release stuff is eh... it's easy to avoid his grabs x.x

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I've seen Bowsers slaying (good) Marths and Snakes, it's scary. He has tons of flaws, but so we do, and he doesn't lack range, priority or sheer kill power.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
4th worse to 3rd worse isn't going to make a difference in that regard =P

Bowser is pretty bad. Up-b OoS is really his only redeeming feature. The grab release stuff is eh... it's easy to avoid his grabs x.x
3th worse to 4th worse AND tierdropment is... She is now officially bottom tier, which makes people care less, I'm sure.

I'd rather have ''easy to avoid grabs'', then the worse recovery in the game. Link is truly TRASH.

T-block

B2B TST
Oh please. Worst recovery in the game goes to Ivysaur lol.

Seriously, Link STILL manages to have decent survivability even with that recovery. If the player is DI'ing well, Link lives long enough. He can cover himself on his recovery better than Ganondorf can as well =\

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
But guys,
I actually think this tierdropment benefits us, now less people will even care about learning the jiggs match up and will get reckless. I'd rather play an opponent in a tourney who doesn't know **** about jiggs then an opponent who knows the match up cause she is ''good'' and totally kicks my ***.
See it from the bright sight :D:D:D!

Thats not the point. The point is is that we didn't do good enough to rise Jigglypuff on the tier list, infact we did so bad she went DOWN. Its a failure as the Jigglypuff community. Unlike the top tiers which everything is pretty much set in stone, the low tiers are mostly based on how well the character does in tournaments and anything can really happen. We just happen to be ****ty enough that we went down.

Also, I might be applying for the BBR soon. A couple other smashers recommended to me that I should join.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
This is how I voted for Low tiers. Admittedly Link is pretty low but I couldn't really justify being above other characters, maybe bring Zelda back down again but I disagree with the "just shield to beat Zelda" mentality.

Low:
1. Yoshi (move to mid please)
2. Lucas
3. Bowser
4. Jigglypuff
5. Mario
6. Samus
7. Zelda
8. Captain Falcon
9. Link
10. Ganondorf

Also, when I use Jigglypuff, I feel a lot less creative when I camp compared to when I'm cautiously approaching, cause I'm afraid they'll react to what I'll do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmpXA4WZjAE

Top Bottom