• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
I like the jigglypuff skin that looks like it's trolling you the most (aka most annoying).

Seems more satisfying if you win.
Btw I have some offline vids, but it doesn't quite fit in for the video topics, mostly cause of my lulzy use of rollout.

Singles matches vs MK, falco, and DK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToW8vmSLA4g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4TarSOwck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvB3NdxM4Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlLvGnZL_KU

Some Doubles matches with a falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6y6nfywu4Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1W3TtesQx0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txrLHftMKpY
Very impressive.:) That Metaknight was at full offense.

CantTouchThis

Smash Rookie
No i mean im sticking with maining jigglypuff forever and always lol im just switching kirby with peach as my alt.

Main reason is because i was a big fan of melee and it will always live with me and it pisses me off that mango and armada was so good with jigglypuff and peach and now hardly nobody uses them anymore so im going to start picking them both up just because if i had to pick 2 brawlers that i respect the most it would have to be Mango and Armada.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
staling f-air is only a bad idea if you aren't good with getting alternative ways of killing.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
No i mean im sticking with maining jigglypuff forever and always lol im just switching kirby with peach as my alt.

Main reason is because i was a big fan of melee and it will always live with me and it pisses me off that mango and armada was so good with jigglypuff and peach and now hardly nobody uses them anymore so im going to start picking them both up just because if i had to pick 2 brawlers that i respect the most it would have to be Mango and Armada.
Well yeah that's what I pretty much meant. Keep Jigglypuff as main but change the secondary.

staling f-air is only a bad idea if you aren't good with getting alternative ways of killing.
Yeah before I approach with f-air that was until I watched Jigglymaster's video that it explained about stale f-air. I now knew that using it too much will weaken it including it's knock power. I rarely approach with f-air now.

I think Jigglypuff is begining to be my main. I'm not practicing with Kirby.

Edit: I realize we're making so many posts. Maybe this will make the Jigglypuff boards a little more exciting.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
At first I cared about staling fair, but seeing how useful fair is in general at just about any percent, I use whichever aerial I think should be used, or at least use fair every now and then due to its penetrating abilities. I'll have to rely on grabs and pummels to unstale the fair for later, if I want to use it as a kill move.

Framerate

Smash Lord
At first I cared about staling fair, but seeing how useful fair is in general at just about any percent, I use whichever aerial I think should be used, or at least use fair every now and then due to its penetrating abilities. I'll have to rely on grabs and pummels to unstale the fair for later, if I want to use it as a kill move.
Haha this is very true. While I suggest people avoid staling the nair I hypocritically use it all the time as a spacing move...

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The people I were playing against didn't know how to handle rollout, lol. I rarely use it when serious (could easily be hit OoS), just seeing if I could hit people with it in cool ways, especially going through certain projectiles always gives me lols.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Don't apologize for using rollout XP If people don't know how to punish it then by all means spam it (lol don't really). I'll throw one out and see how they react to it. If they punish it I'll stop, but if they run away or, god forbid, get hit by it! Lol. Also Japes + Rollout = Awesome

PND

Smash Champion
As a mix-up when I anticipate they'll expect my fair and try to air-dodge past I'll aerially short charge a rollout instead and hit them when they're vulnerable. This also works on players that like to airdodge into the ground to avoid my grabs.

And Rollout is beast in teams (provided your partner knows how to set up for it / avoid it.)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If I use it enough I'll find some legit uses someday.. T_T

But I really need to use upair more.. From what I experienced playing G-Reg online at least.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
If I use it enough I'll find some legit uses someday.. T_T

But I really need to use upair more.. From what I experienced playing G-Reg online at least.
there are plenty of uses, and ill point out how i had been doing that forever once you start using them in such ways....because im cocky like dat, but mostly because im confident i know everything about jigglypuff

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol framerate for getting that thread locked XD

you all need to go away, you mother****ers -motion city soundtrack... good band... listen... go away... mother****ers... :) ... lol random

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Unrelated, but I'm ready for SWF to get wrecked with April Fool's shenanigans like last year.

I hope it happens.

PND

Smash Champion
They should have banned Metaknight like a week ago.

Today they should have made every topic link to "GOT YOU GUYZ GOOD!"

Regarding uair: Once again, uair is another move I championed before I left this board. I told everyone it was underrated and had great chasing options. Once again, I was ignored because everyone was stuck on the "Jiggs is hopeless" bandwagon.

Sort of like air camping. And grab whoring. Wow, I really was ahead of the Jiggs metagame. Maybe y'all should have listened to me when I was trying to help the community and not just troll it. Every development you guys are debating now I was posting about half a year ago.

Eat that, haters.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
They should have banned Metaknight like a week ago.

Today they should have made every topic link to "GOT YOU GUYZ GOOD!"
Ban MK before April Fools then say "Gotcha" on April Fools... as in the "Gotcha" is the trick part... so like actually ban MK??... yeah, they probably should've done that. lol

April Fools: Everyone use this avatar... Nobody will ever figure out who the real Professor Oak is XD

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Eat that, haters.
I love how effective and accurate my bandwagon seems to be.

From the topic itself (http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1263):
This is for the few Jigglypuff mains/users who realize that Jigglypuff is and never will be a mid-tier character. This is a place to discuss her seemingly endless list of flaws that will prevent her rise in tournament representation and tier status.
According to Ankoku's character ranking list (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954), which is based solely on EMPIRICAL data, Jigglypuff is in last place in terms of tournament usage and placement. As for Puff's tier placement, she has risen ONE spot according to the third revised tier list, which, to be fair, was nothing more than flipping between 34th and 35th position between tier lists.

It's been 10 months since the group's conception, and yet not a single portion of the group's message has been proven wrong. My defeatist attitude and "hate" is justified.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Regarding uair: Once again, uair is another move I championed before I left this board. I told everyone it was underrated and had great chasing options. Once again, I was ignored because everyone was stuck on the "Jiggs is hopeless" bandwagon.

Sort of like air camping. And grab whoring. Wow, I really was ahead of the Jiggs metagame. Maybe y'all should have listened to me when I was trying to help the community and not just troll it. Every development you guys are debating now I was posting about half a year ago.

Eat that, haters.
That sounds like me and walking for like the first year the game was out XD (not with jiggs, lol)... yeah, people are typically narrow minded.

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Guess what everyone, today i did my first DWoP, not sure if anyone else has been able to do this without setting it up but i just know i got really excited when i pulled it off.

My most epic double kill ever :D

PND

Smash Champion
"I told you so"s are just as unproductive, lol.

Just sayin. =P
That may be so, but I'm a Petty, Narcisistic Douchebag and it makes me feel good. :laugh:

April Fools: Everyone use this avatar... Nobody will ever figure out who the real Professor Oak is XD
I would join in. . . but Raphael is just too pimp. Plus my crew has ninja turtle avatars so I'd rather not break theme.

That sounds like me and walking for like the first year the game was out XD (not with jiggs, lol)... yeah, people are typically narrow minded.
I KNOW. It's like. . . I can break down a scenario and all the options left that the person can take. I can use frame data to supplement my findings. . . and people are all like, "meh, that's too situational." No it isn't! It's situational in a sense that it's a situation you can capitalize on, but you can pressure opponents into those positions. You just have to think a bit when you play.

Anyway, how you doing? Still getting drunk and getting into ridiculous situations / drunk posting? Haha, we used to have the best drunken story swaps. How's college treating you?

I love how effective and accurate my bandwagon seems to be.

From the topic itself (http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1263):

According to Ankoku's character ranking list (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954), which is based solely on EMPIRICAL data, Jigglypuff is in last place in terms of tournament usage and placement. As for Puff's tier placement, she has risen ONE spot according to the third revised tier list, which, to be fair, was nothing more than flipping between 34th and 35th position between tier lists.

It's been 10 months since the group's conception, and yet not a single portion of the group's message has been proven wrong. My defeatist attitude and "hate" is justified.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I KNOW. It's like. . . I can break down a scenario and all the options left that the person can take. I can use frame data to supplement my findings. . . and people are all like, "meh, that's too situational." No it isn't! It's situational in a sense that it's a situation you can capitalize on, but you can pressure opponents into those positions. You just have to think a bit when you play.
hahaha, exactly! lol

PND said:
Anyway, how you doing? Still getting drunk and getting into ridiculous situations / drunk posting? Haha, we used to have the best drunken story swaps. How's college treating you?
Haha, I remember those days well. Good times... I really couldn't be much better right now. I don't drink much anymore (do a little other **** though... doesn't mess ya up for the next day like drinking, ha). I'm putting so much focus on school and I have so much **** to tell ya!

I still have a ton of difficulties to overcome (bureaucracy wise) cause my GPA is pure **** but despite that I'm like the top microecon undergrad at UofM right now. Started taking econ courses last semester (like I took econ 102 last semester). In the past 6 months I:

*Was the top student in Intermediate Microecon (the 2nd hardest econ course here) with 350 people.
*Am the current top student in my Game Theory and Behavioral Econ courses.
*Have been sitting in microecon PhD courses
*Taught a lecture in a 2nd year PhD course on decision theory
*Will teach a lecture in a 2nd year PhD course on game theory in a few weeks
*Have drank with my professors a couple times and have literally have partied with them, LOL.
*I'm lined up to do research with the top microecon professor here this next semester and maybe do an independent study with him.
*I'm thinking about trying to pass the PhD microecon preliminary this August (which grad students take between their 1st and 2nd years) and officially take all the 2nd year PhD courses next year (I'll be a senior undergrad). Then I'll be done with all of the microecon PhD courses here, lol.
*Then hopefully I can get into MIT or CalTech.

It's crazy and I'm still not too sure how everything's been working out so well, ha.

How's life treating you? Anything exiting going on with ya?

^^ this is awesome

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
no school for a week!

and bowyer why are YOU taking game theory? O.o
lol, game theory is at the heart of microeconomics. A "game" is any situation where someone has to make a strategic decision based on what other people may do and it's completely math based.

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
I have the title as a mod now muhahahaha

( you think the admins will let me keep the title xD)

Good to see the site is back up and running again :)

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
hahaha this is cool.

Oh btw what match would you want to see? Like in doubles what 4 people would you like to see?

Mine would have to be Mango (jigglypuff + Armada (Peach) Vs M2K (metaknight) + Ally (Snake)

I know mango and armada is from melee but still that would be an epic match

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
hahahahaha that would be a funny/epic match to watch. Funny because at the end of the match they would be trying to kill themselfs xD

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
You cant force me to ecnore your post lol.

Anyways i think they are giving out mod to everyone or just random titles to everyone.. not sure but i like it xD

I just wish i could keep it lol

Top Bottom