• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ROB Collective - An Index of Top ROBs

jjvirus

Smash Champion
This is an index of big-name ROB players, complete with short bios submitted by the players themselves. It is an offshoot of the player profiles that I used to have in the video thread. You can use this to get to know your fellow ROBs better, and since this is essentially a Hall of Fame for ROBs, it will give aspiring ROBlings something to strive for. I plan to keep track of the current status of all our Robotic Operating Brothers as well. I'll keep the nonactive players at the bottom, while the rest will be sorted alphabetically unless I come up with something better.

It is for tournament players only. If you aren't on this list but you think you belong here, show me the results of a recognized tournament you placed well at and I'll decide if you've earned a spot.

For players already on the list, you can use this thread to keep track of placings at major tournaments and notable pros that you've beaten in tourney/money matches (in the "Trophy Case" section at the bottom of each profile), and you can use that information to come up with a *very* rough ranking of the players on this list, probably in tier list format to separate the players that are more clearly in different leagues than each other. So please submit some recent placings at major tourneys plus well-recognized players beaten to this thread!

Also, I'm gonna try to color your name by your ROB color. Let me know if I get it wrong. And feel free to update your profiles any time! Remember to PM your update :)

Waiting on Profiles from: NinjaLink

:rob::rob::rob::rob:The ROB Collective:rob::rob::rob::rob:

Random Statitistics:

Most Popular Color: Silver (4),Green (4), Blue (4)

Most Popular Secondary: Mario (3)

Most Popular Melee Character: Doc/Mario (6), Falco (5), Falcon (4)Fox (4), Peach (3),

Most Frequent First Letter of Name: S (4)

Specific Region with the Most Top ROBs: MD/VA (3), NC (2), SoCal (2)

The # of ROBs who specifically hated on MK in some way in their profile: 6/13 :laugh:

The Players:

Bo X7

Tag: BO X7/BX7
Hometown: Chicago Heights, IL
Currently resides- Chicago Heights, IL
Mains- Mario, Rob
Melee Characters: Mario, Roy, Captain Falcon
GamesDesigner should die in a fire for developing-Tripping, Auto ledge grab feature
Loves- Photoshop, Vegas pro, drawing, making sigs, Owning high tiers with Mario
Fears- MK, G&W, Lain : ( (Dedede)
Profile: Been Playing Smash since 64 but haven't been playing competitively and going to until this year. I never went to any melee tournaments, but i plan to do so in the futrue. I don't Main Rob but i use him almost as much as i do with Mario. I use Photoshop often and normally offer to make people sigs. One thing i enjoy more than smash is art.
Play style- Campy.. very campy. You'll barely see me approaching.. unless i really have to. Also, I go for gimps, especially when the opponent's recovery isn't all that.
Trophy case:
Tourney Placings:
2nd/14 (The cave (VIII))
3rd/10 (Chicago End of summer Tourney Doubles)
5th/43 (Chicago's All Smash)
3rd/41 (Play N trade II Aurora IL)
7th/61 (Clash of Brokenness)
Pros beaten in Tourney: Tink, Arty, Mendoza

ChiboSempai

Tag - ChiboSempai
RL Name - Mark Korsak
Hometown - Brigantine, NJ
Currently Resides - Philadelphia, PA
Brawl Main - ROB
Brawl Secondaries - Falco, Snake, Mario
Melee Mains - Samus, Sheik

Game Designer Should Die in a Fire for Developing - Nearly all aspects in Brawl. It's like they forgot half of Melee's features, and barely beta tested it. There are too many broken and random ailments. However I still love the game! :laugh:
Loves - Gyros and Missiles
Fears - Olimars, Doing bad in tourney

Profile - I've been playing Smash since the day Smash 64 launched here in the US. Despite my early start, I did not start playing competitively until October of 2006 with Melee. Throughout my Melee career, I mained Young Link and Mario, and eventually ended up with Samus and later picking up Sheik as well. I still play Melee just as much as Brawl today.

While originally looking at my favorite characters in Brawl before it came out, I narrowed down my choice of mains to Sonic, Toon Link, ROB, Wario, and Pokemon Trainer. I originally decided I wanted to play ROB ever since I saw the cutscene from the Subspace Emissary where ROB (playable) is unveiled. Sonic is my favorite game character of all time, so I obviously stuck with him at first, and I used to be somewhat credited with developing most of Sonic's original tactics in Brawl. I realized that despite how much I liked him over other characters, he won't win tournaments no matter what, and switched to my next best character I had a knack for playing, ROB.

I create every tactic myself for my characters in Brawl. Everything you see me do is something that I thought of. While I might have learned small things such as glidetossing online, I found my own implementation to using it.

Since the beginning of Brawl I have been slowly learning some characters for counterpicking, and have settled on Falco and Snake. I also play Mario all the time for fun and low tiers, however I can't think of any matchup I will ever need him in for a regular tourney.

Playstyle - My main style is mixed up. One moment I will be camping so much that many wonder how I enjoy the game, and the next moment I'll be very aggressive to the point that I won't let me opponent get a single move on me. As I keep switching between these two styles of play, it keeps my opponent on their feet guessing what's coming next.

My favorite aspect of playing ROB is the gyro. It's his best move in my opinion, and has the most potential. The glidetoss is essentially a wavedash that is even longer and faster than what was seen in Melee that I can use to camp by retreating or to home in on my opponent to apply pressure. I have also applied my skill with the gyro to manipulation of other items. For instance, while fighting another ROB or a Diddy, you'll see me use their gyros and bananas against them.

Throughout my time with Brawl so far, I have proved myself as one of the best ROBs on the East Coast and one of the best players in PA. I am also now known as a great tourney organizer, having hosted plenty of awesome tourneys such as Smashtality IV (Brawl only), No Johns Biweekly ANMC (Melee), Clash of the Titans III, Smash at the Shore, and the DSO Biweeklies in Philly. My next tourney, Clash of the Titans IV, will be a national sized tourney.

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:
7th/39 (Smash at the Shore)
1st/12 Doubles w/Rogue Pit (DSO Biweekly 3)
9th/87 (XESTICLE)
1st Split/42(Rage Studios)
Pros Beaten in Tourney or MM:
ChuDat (Kirby - MM)
Chineasah (Wolf DK - Tourney)
Korn (MK - Tourney)
Rogue Pit (Pit - Tourney)
RyokoYaksa (Zelda/Sheik ZSS - Tourney)
Pride (Yoshi - Tourney)

ChozenOne

Tag- ChozenOne
RL Name- Rich Staats
HomeTown- Boston, MA.
Currently Resides- His Car.
Mains- ROB [counterpicks Diddy]
GameDesigner Should Die in a Fire for Developing- MetaKnight
Chozen Sips Cappuccinos While Playing- Any WestCoaster
Loves- Gyros, Resting, His NON ******** *****ES.
Fears- Large and jolly black men

Profile- ChozenOne [or Chozen for short] originally joined the boards originally joined the boards during the summer of 05' under the alias of "AngryFish" but did not become a posting member until the Janurary of 06'.. through the GLORIOUS name of CHOZENONE! Though under constant attack, he quickly became known throughout the Md/Va area through his technical usage of Jigglypuff's Rest and Mindgamey tactics that allowed him to beat even the most experienced of veterans. The more he posted the greater his strength grew.. and soon the Jigglypuff forum became a busy metropolis of activity, and where young Jigg nublets could post in his "Fuxing w/ Amazingness" thread and learn to become one w/ the Jiggs. He is best known for pioneering the style of play that Mango still uses to this day, his "Teams Tier List", his Crew TNR [Team No Respect], teaming w/ DaShizWiz at Innsomnia5, and being the only Cheerleader [aside from WuWu] that plays competative Smash.

In Brawl he now is part of the crew "The Originals"; mains ROB, and CounterPicks Falco/Jiggs for those pesky MetaKnights, and G&Ws. He is an active member on the boards to this day, and continues to impart his knowledge to ROB and Jiggs mains alike.

PlayStyle- Chozen actively looks for ways to pigeonhole his opponent into one approach, and punish them for it.. this is mostly seen by his use of his gyro, and use of ROB's unique pivoting abilities. He does not spam his lazer, nor does he camp with ROB.. that **** is for pu$$ies. Chozen gets in your face, abuses his DashAtk-->Utilt-->Uair. ROB's Utilt and Ftilt are also a very large part of his arsenal..

Chozen also large believer in the non straight-forward approach.. he often will Hover toward his opponent perform Nairs while moving, and then using the remainder of his UpB to go behind them, and Bair. You can never have enough falling Uairs, Reverse Nairs, and HoverSpikes. Chozen also rarely is seen using his Dtilt, SideB, and Dsmash.

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:

HolyNightmare

Tag: Holy
HomeTown: Brossard, QC
Currently Resides: Brossard, QC
Mains: ROB
GameDesigner Should Die in a Fire for Developing: Tripping, the main adventure mode SSE(Boring & Waste of time), poor online, chaingrabs and infinites.
Melee Characters: Sheik
Loves: Nintendo, videogames, travelling, showing no mercy to MK players.
Fears: Missing morning class, long trips, losing a ROB ditto(I've yet to lose one).

Profile:
I've playing smash with my brother Ally since the very first game for the N64, I don't think a Smash 64 scene even existed in Canada back then and nor was I aware of it. Then Melee came out and I brought it, a melee scene did exist but we didn't know and never played the game competitively. Then finally Brawl came out, at first I was mainly a Wifi player due to not knowing any good player near my area. Playing on AllisBrawl and practicing my match-ups, entering online tourneys ect. When I saw that my brother Ally placed 1st at his first big tourney in Canada, I realized that getting good on wifi was a possibility and told myself if he can so can I! And I predicted right as I placed 1st at my very first tourney. Since that day, I've been entering tournaments all around Canada, but mainly on the east side. I've already achieved my first goal which was to be the best ROB in Canada, I'm also the second best player in Canada. So now I only hope to keep getting better so I can one day be the very best ROBOT.

Playstyle - I use different syle based on my opponents choice of character, I can play very aggresively, be extremely defensive or just plain campy. I also have good sniping skills ;)

Trophy case:
Tourney Placings:
1st/42(PGL Montreal)
5th/72(Let's Brawl)
4th/40(OIN4)
9th/39(Cataclysm 4)
33rd/249(CoT4)
2nd/48(OBscene 1.0)
2nd/32(March On To Brawl)
3rd/53(Prepare Yourself!)
2nd/48(FFYF2)

KingAce(Meta-Knight - Tourney)
Ambrose(Meta-Knight/Ice Climbers - Tourney)
Swordgard(Ice Climbers - Tourney)
Lain(DDD/Ice Climbers - Tourney)
BlackWaltz(Olimar - Tourney)
JL(Wario/DK - Tourney)
Percon(Kirby/DDD - Touney)
Chester(Fox - Tourney)

HugS

Tag- HugS
RL Name- Hugo L. Gonzalez
HomeTown- San Fernando Valley, CA.
Currently Resides- San Fernando Valley, CA
Mains- ROB
GameDesigner Should Die in a Fire for Developing- A ****ty Samus.
Loves- Winning
Fears- Losing

Profile- I began playing in mid 2004 around the time of TG6. I earned my ranks amongst the SoCal community and was soon a known name amongst national smash community. Though I always maintained a superior record, my breakthrough didn't come until GS2 in mid 2005 when he managed to take out Wes and PC Chris, solidifying myself as a force to be respected.

I have been applauded for sticking to Samus throughout the years and taking her to what I felt were the absolute limits to her potential. In Melee, I have seen all characters come and go, all player rise and Fall. Through it all, I managed to remain amongst the higher echelon of smash pros, never switching characters and never having the unfortunate status of being "washed up".

With the MLG circuit at its smash peak in 2006, I managed to shatter expectations and make it to MLG nationals by winning over the last available spot when the other 6 were taken up by Ken, Chu, PC, M2k, KDJ, and Isai.

I've been refered to as one of, if not the smartest smashers in the game (JV3x3), and I plan to carry it over to Brawl.

PlayStyle- My playstyle is "Reactive". I coined the term in 2006 after receiving criticism for being overly defensive. However, people would not notice how aggressive I would become vs campy players. That is where the term "Reactive" applies. I will become whatever it is that you can't beat.
The reason I was successful in Melee was because I controlled the match up.
If you want to be aggressive I am going to slow you down.
If you want to run away and camp, I won't let you breath.
If you want to edgecamp, I'll won't let you back in.
If you try to edgeguard me, I'll make you back off.

I fight at my own pace. When you play me, I do my best to make sure that you play by my rules at all times. Control is key, and that's what I do best.

Also, I always preach efficiency. Never waste a move. Make sure that everything you do has a purpose. Make sure that every approach you take will lead to a favorable or neutral result. Rarely, if ever, do I take chances hoping that the outcome will come out positive. If there is a chance for failure, I probably won't take that approach.

I don't believe in tricks or "mindgames". People say I have amazing mindgames, but what I really do is limit my opponents options. I bring him from about 20 options to about 2 or 1. So when I am right, and it seems as If I tricked my opponent into doing what I wanted, it's usually because they never had a choice to begin with.

I'm open to help anyone with anything. Just ask.

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:

Jamnt0ast

Tags: Jamnt0ast / iSpamnb0ast
IRL name: Ben Marks
Hometown: Spokane, WA
Mains - R.O.B., Metaknight, Snake
Secondaries - Dedede, Wario, Olimar
Melee Characters: Marth, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo
SSB64 Characters: Donkey Kong

Favorites:
Move: Tornado
Taunt: MK down taunt. CUMM
Food: Strawberry
Drink: Grape Soda
Stage: Brinstar

Profile: I played Melee competitively with my friends but never attended any tournaments. Brawl was where I started and was considered better than decent at my first tournament. I am in the currently inactive crew of InlandEmpireSmash which resides in Spokane WA containing only 4 active smashers at the moment... (Jamn, Praxis, Valdens, Itakio)

Play style- I'm a really *****y player. If you play Samus, Mario, Luigi, or DK i WILL pick D3 and infinite you the entire match..... I cp MK on D3, Snake on GnW and ZSS..... ROB on anyone else..... =) With ROB, I'll camp and poke 90% of the time, the other % rushing in and using fair/nair. I like Fsmashing unsuspecting MK's through tornado :D. Yeah.... :p

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:
1/10( Koga's Impromptus of Mastery)
7/28 (EWU Brawl Monthlies IV)
1st/16 (i.e.smash: May)
5/24 (EWU Brawl Monthlies V)
2/10 (Tournament at Rai's (prizes included))
4/34 (GameClucks Monthly - Oct 4th 2008)
5/23 (EWU VI)
3/12 (i.e.smash: BRAWLA WALLA 2)
3/9 (2 Legit 2 Quit)
9/43 (i.e.smash "Regional")
5/19 (EWU VII)
Pros beaten in Tourney:
Praxis
Eggz
Deva

JCaesar

Tag- JCaesar
RL Name- Brett Finneran
HomeTown- Westminster, MD (a small town out in the country, yeah!)
Currently Resides- Still there for now
Mains- ROB
Melee Characters- G&W, Falco, Peach, Doc
GameDesigner Should Die in a Fire for Developing- Metaknight, Metaknight, a thousand times Metaknight
Loves- the ROB boards
Fears- General Brawl Discussion, MK dittos during the finals of a tourney

Profile- I discovered Smashboards in November 2003, in my first year of college. I decided I wanted to play competitively because I loved Melee more than life itself, so I lurked for months learning things like wavedashing and shuffling. I started going to tourneys at nearby colleges, doing okay with my Falco. When the tier list came out that put Falco at #2, everyone started playing him, and I developed a distaste for him (I hate playing popular characters), so I began maining G&W, and that's who I stuck for the rest of my Melee career.

When Brawl came out, I wanted to main PT, but I had a lot of trouble playing him/them effectively. So I went on Smashboards, and looked at which character-specific boards were the least active (I'm dead serious about this, I hate popular characters), and ROB caught my eye. I had toyed with every new character (I wasn't about to use a returning Melee character) and I thought ROB was really cool, so, since I now knew that he was unpopular also, I decided that I would dedicate myself to him. And he's been good to me.

A big turning point in my Smash career was the day after Critical Hit 4, when SlikVik was stuck at my house until Monday. We smashed for hours just 1 on 1 (recorded a bunch of them too, they're on youtube if you want to see them). Something just really clicked for me during all the practice he gave me, and I felt like I got a lot better that day, especially against his 3 characters. I now have no trouble against Peaches or G&Ws, 2 of ROB's worst matchups, and I scare Wario players away from ever using Wario against ROB.

I've now made a name for myself as the 2nd best ROB in the best region in the world (**** you Nacker!) and I've made it a point to contribute a lot to the ROB community, and I've made some good friends along the way. My biggest contribution is obviously the ROB Video Thread, but lately I've been trying to help fill the void on the ROB boards left by Overswarm when he switched to MK (special thanks to Sudai :bee:).

PlayStyle- Super-ultra-ledgecampy because it is my goal to make as many people quit Brawl as possible and play Brawl+ with me instead

I don't tend to camp, so much as wait for the opponent to approach while firing a constant stream of **** their way. I can snipe with the laser pretty well and I'm a friggin surgeon with the gyro, but I try to get the gyro on the ground whenever I can so I can force certain approaches or grab it for glidetossing trixies. Actually, one of my favorite things has always been dropping the gyro above the ledge when there's someone hanging on it, and punishing their reaction appropriately. Yeah, ROB has no problems with ledgecampers whatsoever.

Oh, and I LOVE ROB dittos! Except against Nacker...

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:
9th/73 (Cyberden 5/31)
4th/26 (Smashtality IV)
5th/23 (Chudatz 4th Final Biweekly)
9th/52 (The Last Hurrah-Cyberden)
9th/49 (Catonsville Biweekly)
7th/48 (EvilTwinz of MD)
9th/92 (C3 ECRC 11/22)
65th/249 (COT4)
5th/20 (HAT's COT4 Reparations Biweekly)
9th/82 (Brawl at the Mall)
God-is-my-rock (G&W - tourney)
Thumbswayup (Diddy - tourney)
Pyronic~Star (Olimar - MM & tourney)
Lobos (Toon Link - pride match)
SlikVik (G&W - MM)
Tope (Wolf - MM)
Plank (Wario - MM, Sheik - MM, Falco - MM & tourney)
G-Reg (Fox - tourney)
Chillindude (Ike - MM)
DK Smash (DK/Diddy - tourney)
Turbo Gilman (DDD - tourney)
HAT (DDD/Snake - tourney, DDD - MM)

maXXXpower

Tag - N/A
RL Name - Guillermo Vega
HomeTown - Los Angeles, CA
Currently Resides - Glendale, AZ
Mains - ROB
Melee Characters - Falco, Doc, Marth, Falcon
Loves - AZ, ROB, and food.
Fears - doesn't afraid of anything.
except the dark
Profile -

I started playing Melee in '06 forming a crew by the name of STB, or Sex Train Banditos because we were all gifted/cursed with the brown magic that is being Mexican. Those were the best years of my human life.

Upon Brawls release, I played that for a while and it was ****. R.O.B. endowed me with the gift of awesomeness, and I quit soon after, deciding that the world is not ready for me, yet. Currently, I am directly at Queen R.O.B.'s right hand/robotic limb/pleasure node carrying forth her will.

I'll be waiting for you in R.O.B.ot Heaven, R.O.B. boards!

Playstyle - stupid/****/aggressive/antiROB/not campy/AZ too good

DSF called it fast, some call it cheating, I call it love.

Trophy Case: wat. i'm not into jewelry.
unless it's c0ck rings j/k <3
Tourney Placings:
3/? - AZ OneTwoStep
Ajax - Snake
DSF - Snake

Otherwise, I'm humble. Like Jesus.

Nacker

Tag- Nacker
RL Name- Jacob A. Thompson
HomeTown- Silver Spring, MD
Currently Resides-Silver Spring MD
Mains- ROB [counterpicks Mario/Olimar]
Melee Characters- Mario, pure suckage
GameDesigner Should Die in a Fire for Developing- Metagay /tripping
Loves- Being best ROB on east coast, owning Chozenone
Fears- People fear my awesome does that count ?

Profile: Back in the late months of 06 i heard through friends that there were Melee tournaments at a place called CCX. Because i used to be the best out of them all i thought if they could do good i can also.
So when i got there i lost every single match in pools so after that i started to train with my friends who are now my crew mates and went to more CCX tournaments until they closed down. I was an average melee player at best usually only winning 2-3 matches before being knocked out of tournaments. I mained the Doc who should have been in brawl .

In brawl i became more active in attending tournaments seeing how it was a new game. I was blessed with having brawl a month before it was released in America and i chose Olimar as my main. With constant JPS ( johns per second ) from my crew mates except for 1 that he was to cheap i switched to the noobiest character i could think of ( or i thought so at the time ) and actually liked him a lot . Ive been Maining ROB since Chu's Biweekly on march 8th and have placed top 15 in almost every tournament ive entered with the exception with the 1st c3.

My first official step in becoming the best rob on the east coast started from One quote that lead to an entire thread when i was challenged by chozenones ROB. At the next tournament i got to face chozen and i beat his ROB in a 3/5 set which he only got one game off of me. Since then ive dittoed every Rob ive seen at tournaments including Karn a good rob from NC , Toasty from VA ,voodo who was claimed to be better than me , Jceasar from MD and Chibosempai from PA / NJ. I hope to play other Robs such as OS and Hugs to see where i rank among some of the elite. Wait what am i talking about i am elite all i need now is a nice purple name tag xD . -Note people should know i have a massive ego that likes to be fed constantly

My crew is the Mushroom Kings who recently won a crew battle tournament for roughly 15 bucks each
with the help Of boss from the originals. i only mention this because if we didnt win me and my brother would be stuck somehwere in forest glen right now lol.

My play style is Extremely aggressive for more than 90% of the roster . Other match ups like D3, Metagay and Snake i try to build up as much damage as possible and use killing moves rarely.

Im aiming to have the most Rob v Rob vids in the Video section to show my massive ditto raperaperaperape.

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:

sH@d0w

Tag: sH@d0w
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Currently reside: Palmdale, CA
Main(s): ROB, Bowser, Peach, Wolf & C. Falcon
Melee Character(s): Fox, Falco, Falcon, Ganon & Bowser
GamesDesigner should die in a fire for developing: Tripping, Toadstool jumping & MK
Loves: Dancing and singing at the studio, swimming, surfing, games, my family & my girls and boys =]
Fears: Dont really have a fear but am disgusted with cockroaches they can survive a thousand Nair's lmfao
Profile: Ive been playing Smash since the early 64 years, I played Melee but didnt get competitive until I saw DBR combo vids, then BRAWL I got into the scene. Aside from Brawl I love to dance and sing at the studio to make music and choreograph dance moves. Swimming and surfing are big in my life, been doing it since 7 years of age.
Play style: Campy/Aggressive but I know when to stop so Im careful with that (if thats understandable). I adapt really well and read really well. I focus on more mind games then I do technical skill thats been my style since Melee. But I can be EXTREMELY technical when I see the opportunity and have a gyro at hand with a combination of laser, tilts, aerials and mind games =]

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:

5th/192 at UCLA A New Hope (first ever tournament)
2nd/65 at Race's Brawl Garage Tourney III: 3rd Strike
3rd/81 at Race's Garage Tourney IV: The Dream Bout
7th/303 at Axis
2nd/47 at Palmdale Bi-Weeklies
4th/44 at Palmdale Bi-Weeklies 2
5th/102 at Race's Brawl Tournament V: Smashtoberfest

Ajax (Snake)
Bardull (Marth)
B0A (MK/Lucario/Marth)
Champ (Fox/Shiek)
Connor (Mk/Snake)
Creepy Fingerz (Falco)
Edreese (Peach)
Eggz (MK)
Fly Amanita (Ice Climbers)
Futile (Wario)
Germ (Wolf)
Lucien (Wolf/Fox)
Hall (Snake)
Havok (Marth)
HugS (ROB)
LeePuff (G&W)
Lite (Snake)
mikeHAZE (Marth)
PsychoMidget (Snake)
Santi (TL/Marth)
Teba (D3/Shiek)

All tourney =]

Stingers

Tag: Stingers/XENO
Hometown: Berlin, NJ
Currently resides- Hickory, NC
Mains- ROB, and currently Zelda/Shiek. I switch secondaries a lot x_x
Melee Characters: Falco, Falcon, Mario, Y. Link
Game Designer should die in a fire for developing- Tripping. And the new air dodge system. I loved wavedashing ;_;
Loves- The internet, swimming, smash, and girls :)
Fears- Dr. Peepee, heights, and lesbians :(

Profile - I got SSB64 for the N64 when I was like...6. I've been playing ever since then. Not competitively but...I've been playing. I mained link and jiggs in 64 (just because all my friends said they were the worst 2) and I always won anyway. Saffron City and all items on high was the way to go back then :p. Then Melee came out, and I moved away, so I needed something to do because I didn't really know anyone at first - so I started playing melee. If not for me moving I'd probably be doing something productive right now instead of participating in smash bros tournaments, but all well. Ever since my first melee tournament (A Munkaid in Rutherfordton, NC), I've been hooked to the Smash Bros.

Then Brawl came out, I started with Peach (my melee main), hated her, went to Diddy and before anyone knew how good he could be I took the easy route and went to Zelda (am I like a closet girl or something because I play girls in a lot of games <_<), then went to Falco and ***** for a bit and then Snake and now finally ROB. I've been playing ROB for a long time though so I don't think I'll switch :).

Play style- Pretty aggressive. I'm no maxxxpower, but I'm on the offensive more then most ROBs. I can camp when I get frustrated, though. Usually against Peaches and Snakes :).

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:
3rd/31 (Karn and Bill present: Be a Bro 11/15)
5th/?? (STYKs (Show them your Knees!) (Dunno the exact number but it had a decent turnout. 20-something.)
Lord Karn (ROB)
LDPK (Pikachu)
Zero Gamer (Lucario)

Sudai

Tag- Sudai/Subai/Duck
RL Name- Ryan (I still prefer being called Sudai)
HomeTown- New Orleans, LA
Currently Resides- Baton Rouge, LA (Ruston, LA during school)
Mains- ROB
Secondaries - Kirby/Lucario/Olimar/ZSS
Melee Characters- YLink(blue), Fox(green), Doc(blue)
Loves- ROB, EVE, Vaporeon
Fears- Hearts, souls. Things that make him more human like. Gotta be a robot!!

Profile - I've played Smash for about 10 years now. I had Melee and Brawl the day they came out. In Melee, I currently main YLink. I don't go to tourneys for Melee anymore but if there happens to be a Melee tourney at a Brawl tourney I'm attending, I'll enter. Uhm, I love brawl, it's awesome. I tend to drive 4-6 hours a weekend just to go to smashfest. Tournaments I'll drive 12 hours for. I'm addicted. :x

ROB too sexy?

Playstyle - I tend to play a more defensive, keep away game. I don't like to take big risk and tend to take the fight off stage even if my opponent is currently on stage.

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:
7/59 (HOBO12)
2/33 (Some LA tourney)
Santi (Toon Link - "Goggle Match")
Melee1 (ICs - Tourney)
Mocha (Zelda - Tourney)
Fogo (D3 - Tourney)
Cyphus (DK/Kirby - Tourney)
Xyro (Samus - Tourney)

t0mmy

I started competitive Smash back with Melee, I played Pichu because he's the cutest and most garbage character. Since nobody was developing the character I created the meta game and set a standard with my guide and subsequent combo videos.
I've been a R.O.B. fan forever and mained him in Mariokart DS. I only play the gray colored R.O.B. as that's the color I had. R.O.B. is the only character I enjoy playing since Pichu was nixed (although I explained how Pichu evolved into Pikachu after I attended the E for All prerelease in LA).
You'll find me on All is Brawl working on the groups and discussions there.
When I attend tournaments I'm always available to play with other people and help give them advice on R.O.B. or any character or just tournament play in general.

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:
4/112 (BIO)
1/25 (RCB4)
2/49 (YCB: Smashapalooza)
1/25 (MM2)
1/52 (RCB5)
Eggz (Meta Knight - tourney)
Deva (Link - tourney)
Chip (Toon Link - tourney)
Valdens (Mr. Game & Watch - tourney)
Jem (Meta Knight - tourney)
Dog Latin (Ness - tourney)
K-Dash (ZSS/Ice Climbers/Jigglypuff/Peach/Zelda - tourney)
Tanj (Meta Knight - tourney)
Sean (Meta Knight - tourney)
Question Mark (Toon Link - tourney)
t1mmy (Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight - tourney)
Ajax (Snake - tourney)
CBK (Donkey Kong - tourney)
GERM (Wolf - tourney)

Overswarm

Tag- Overswarm
RL Name- Evan Downing
HomeTown- Falmouth, KY
Currently Resides- Highland Heights, KY; Northern Kentucky University
Mains- ROB

Melee Characters- Doc, Fox, Falcon, back to Fox, Falco, back to Fox, Marth
GameDesigner Should Die in a Fire for Developing- Tripping
Loves- Caramel filled Cadbury Eggs
Fears- Chainsaws, aggressive aliens, the spanish language, sharks, and women. So, the epitome of my fear is a an aggressive female alien wielding two chainsaws and riding a shark while speaking spanish.

Profile- I'm Overswarm. I got my name from Starcraft many moons ago, and it has stuck since. Every once in a while I hide in other communities under the alias Knightshade, but mostly OS. I picked up Smash by accident. I was playing Halo and Major League Gaming invited me down to St. Louis to do commentary on their Halo 2 matches, so I went. I didn't have a Halo team, but I could play Smash. So I did, and met Darkrain, who thoroughly destroyed me and got me interested in playing competitive smash. I made top 32 at that tournament somehow, and never placed below top 32 after that since FC. I didn't take Melee as seriously as some, but I did well enough. Right around the time Brawl came out, my relationship with my girlfriend that had lasted for 3 1/2 years came to an end and that left me with a very big gap in my life. I filled it with video games, and I've been taking Brawl seriously ever since. Since Brawl came out, there has not been a tournament I have not placed in the top 2 at in either singles or doubles (or both), and I'm going to do my best to make sure that trend continues.

I'm an English and Secondary Education major (that means I'll teach High School English), I write freelance as a side job, and I work for an IT helpdesk at my college.

I'm a member of the crew GUN PUNCH!, and we're pretty awesome.

PlayStyle- I don't have a "playstyle". Most people would say "lol Overswarm camps", but in reality I just do what works. Most people that watch me play say "wow, what happened" because they saw me hold forward on the control stick.

Do what works. Remove what doesn't.

That's how you improve.

There is no right or wrong strategy, no right or wrong attack. If it works, do it. You shouldn't be able to run straight at someone and short-hop a fast falled bair at their shield and then d-smash to poke through. They could grab you, hit you, roll, spot dodge, a dozen different things. But I get to do it all the time because if I know it will work, I do it. To do anything less is to limit yourself.

SuperDoodleMan

Tag - SuperDoodleMan
RL Name - Steve Kioski
HomeTown - Roseville, MN
Currently Resides - Little Canada, MN

Mains - ROB
GameDesigner Should Die in a Fire for Developing - Numerous steps backward in Brawl (no camera mode, silent clanks, no instant pre-match cancel, poor online, tripping)
Loves - Surprising himself with his own awesomeness
Fears - Surprising himself with a stupid mistake

Profile - I played SSB64 with friends, then played Melee with friends, then found out about the competitive scene in mid 2003. I mained Peach because the various aspects of her float weren't widely known at the time, and even pros of the day didn't use it to the potential I saw in it (of course I wasn't skilled enough to maximize that potential, either).

I stayed with Peach because any better character was too fast for me to use effectively.

I knew I'd play ROB as soon as he was confirmed, and I did some research to find out what the heck a Robotic Operating Buddy is. FUNNY AS HELL. Gameplay vids confirmed his moveset was awesome, and the up B could be worked into combat not unlike Peach's float (also providing the best recovery in the game, which Peach sucks at in Brawl).

I have the WR times on target smash stages 3 and 5 (according to www.allisbrawl.com) and I had all 5 records for about a week in April. Vids of all are on youtube.

PlayStyle - Aggressive. I know I should play more campy, but I don't play this game to sit on my *** chargin mah lazor. I like to jump in with f-airs or n-airs, and charge the gyro in the middle of combat.

I try to edgeguard all the time, sometimes it even works! I'm still working on what to do against high recovering opponents, but I get the feeling that once I get that figured out, I can edgeguard like it's Melee.

I'm currently in the process of pioneering wavebounced Robo Burners, with decent results so far.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
UPDATE: maXXXpower added, Most popular color updated, Popular Melee Mains updated

Still waiting on profiles from NinjaLink and HolyNightmare. Also is anyone could, give me names of those who should be removed due to a LONG absence from the smash scene.

Sudai

Stuff here
You should change my mains to just "ROB" and add a category that reads "Secondaries - Kirby/Lucario/Olimar/ZSS".

Please and thank you? : )

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You can change some of my stuff too. I now only play ROB. I have no secondaries. My playstyle is now super-ultra-ledgecampy because it is my goal to make as many people quit Brawl as possible and play Brawl+ with me instead :p

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
Update me please

Tags: Jamnt0ast / iSpamnb0ast
IRL name: Ben Marks
Hometown: Spokane, WA
Mains - R.O.B., Metaknight, Snake
Secondaries - Dedede, Wario, Olimar
Melee Characters: Marth, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo
SSB64 Characters: Donkey Kong

Favorites:
Move: Tornado ;)
Taunt: MK down taunt. CUMM
Food: Strawberry
Drink: Grape Soda
Stage: Brinstar

Profile: I played Melee competitively with my friends but never attended any tournaments. Brawl was where I started and was considered better than decent at my first tournament. I am in the currently inactive crew of InlandEmpireSmash which resides in Spokane WA containing only 4 active smashers at the moment... (Jamn, Praxis, Valdens, Itakio)

Play style- I'm a really *****y player. If you play Samus, Mario, Luigi, or DK i WILL pick D3 and infinite you the entire match..... I cp MK on D3, Snake on GnW and ZSS..... ROB on anyone else..... =) With ROB, I'll camp and poke 90% of the time, the other % rushing in and using fair/nair. I like Fsmashing unsuspecting MK's through tornado :D. Yeah.... :p

Trophy Case:
Tourney Placings:
1/10( Koga's Impromptus of Mastery)
7/28 (EWU Brawl Monthlies IV)
1st/16 (i.e.smash: May)
5/24 (EWU Brawl Monthlies V)
2/10 (Tournament at Rai's (prizes included))
4/34 (GameClucks Monthly - Oct 4th 2008)
5/23 (EWU VI)
3/12 (i.e.smash: BRAWLA WALLA 2)
3/9 (2 Legit 2 Quit)
9/43 (i.e.smash "Regional")
5/19 (EWU VII)

Pros beaten in Tourney:
Praxis
Eggz
Deva

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
no no. it's just. everyone is like " I onry main rob and i b3at up MKz with honror.
and im like. "Ima beat yo *** with mah top te1rz and infinite you with Dedede"

TeeVee

Smash Lord
and im like "i can beat you with rob but ima switch it up to diddy and mk and zss because they dont have to camp" feel me?

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't know why it says "active in WA/OR" for me. I'm more active in CA than WA.
Update to: "Active in OR/CA/WA" please.

Thanks for the update.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Just ask TBD, he knows his stuff. ;)

In all seriousness, I'd say if you're ranked "High" or higher on the R.O.B. Rankings you're eligible.

Sudai

Stuff here
TBD is the overlord of the ROBs. He's also your worst nightmare.

01001011 01101001 01110000 01110011 00101100 00100000 01001001 00100000 01101000 01101111 01110000 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00101110 00100000 00100000 01001000 01100001 01101000 01100001 00101110 00100000 00100000 01010100 01000010 01000100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101111 01110010 01110100 01101000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 00100010 01010100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01100100 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101101 01101001 01101110 01100101 01100100 00101110 00100010 00100000 00100000 01010111 01100101 00100000 01110101 01110011 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101001 01101110 01110011 01101001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01101010 01101111 01101011 01100101 00100000 01101111 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010010 01001111 01000010 00100000 01100010 01101111 01100001 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110011 01101111 01101110 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100110 01110101 01101110 01101110 01111001 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100101 01111000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01101001 01101110 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110000 01100101 01101111 01110000 01101100 01100101 00101110

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I just recieved a message from TBD, don't ask why.

TBD
Tag: TBD
Mains-ROB
Melee Characters: Never played Melee
Loves-Being mysterious
Fears- Notoriety
Profile: Began playing when Brawl came out under an assumed name. After learning quickly and defeating all competition in his home region, he broke out into the national scene under then name TBD. Also, due to a recent inheritance, TBD plans to travel the nation over the summer, taking the Smash world by storm.
Play style- Top Secret
Trophy case:
Tourney Placings:
Too many
Pros beaten in Tourney: Who hasn't he beaten?
Still has yet to challenge M2K, however has stated on several occasions that he plans to "redefine the ROB-MK matchup." Be afraid.
Edit: I actually started this post before the discussion about TBD came up... oddly convenient...

OBTW thanks for the message TBD

Top Bottom