• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention: Read Before Posting (Updated 5/5/09)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
1. No Explicit Profanity or Inappropriate Material

Censor Dodging

Censor dodging is the intentional act of using a curse word and bypassing it through a certain means. There are several ways this is done. For example, if someone wanted to bypass the "S" word, they could use the Fonts, Sizes, Colors, Bold, Italic, or Underline for any of the four letters in the "S" word, and the censor would not read it as a curse word. This, as well as altering a letter with something else like "!" for the letter "I" in the "S" word is not allowed. This is censor dodging, and any manner of using such will be regarded as intentional, which can lead to an infraction.

Censor dodging may also be done unintentionally, if the curse word is combined with another word. For example, if you wanted to express how great Samus was, saying, "Samus is bad***" may be unintentional. Click Preview Post before submitting your post to see if what you wrote is bypassing the censoring system. This will show you what your post will look like before you actually post it up. This is generally a good idea, if you do plan on using a curse word, not directed at someone, of course. If unnoticed, and a moderator sees it, you might be warned for it.

Inappropriate Content

Inappropriate content refers to vulgar language, graphic material, and drug-related material. I have somewhat covered the vulgar language, and I think we're all intelligent enough to know what vulgar language means. Anyone who doesn't should go find a dictionary and look up the word "vulgar." Still, while there is a censoring system, cursing at someone will not be tolerated. Graphic material may refer to anything sexually explicit or suggestive, or even violent or hateful. This includes avatars and/or signatures.

Suicide also falls into inappropriate content. Suicide is not a joke, and not everyone who says they're going to commit suicide, says it just to get attention. It should not even be discussed jokingly. This is serious and should be handled seriously. Anyone who encourages the person who said he or she is going to commit suicide will be infracted. Anyone who offends the person who claims that he or she will commit suicide will be infracted. If someone says anything regarding this matter, please contact me or any other moderator.

2. Duplicate/Redundant Threads, Posts, and Topics

Duplicate/Redundant Topic and Thread Post/Recreation

As noted in the SWF Global Rules 5.0, use the Search feature, which can be found at the top right. It looks like this.

Even with this feature, we have had some people make a new thread on something that we already have covered. If your thread is closed, don't create another thread that is the same as the closed one. You will be infracted for this. If you feel your thread was wrongly closed, or if your thread looks similar to another thread, but is not, and it was closed, speak to one of the moderators about it.

3. No Blatant Advertising

As noted already in the SWF Global Rules Version 5.0, no threads, no posts, nor signatures are allowed if they are advertising something. If an advertisement is sent to you through a private message (PM), report it to a moderator.

4. Spamming is Not Allowed

One-line Post/No Substance

If you are replying to someone who asks you a question, and the question doesn't offer a long, drawn out explanation, that is allowed. For example, if someone were to ask, "How do you glide toss?" the explanation will end up being a one-liner, since it isn't very technical to explain. If the post is a one-liner, but pertains to what is related in the discussion at hand, that is permissible.

Don't
type
this.

That is not allowed. Nor is, "lol @ insert user name here," nor is anything else that does not contribute to the thread, unless it is the social thread and conforms to the rules of SWF. Something like "asljfdasf" is not allowed. Posts that are off-topic are not allowed, nor are posts that contain no substance.

Minor Spamming

Minor spam looks something like this. If it takes you to the first page, go to page 76 and observe it up to page 78. You will be infracted for this. Minor spam also falls under being off-topic.

Spamming

I don't need to explain what spam is. An example would be this, however.

Major Spamming

Major spamming is just spamming. A lot. And probably in more than one thread. You will be infracted for any kind of spam, regardless of whether it's major or minor.

Replying to Spam

As seen in the link in regard to spamming, replying to spam will only give you an infraction. Please do not reply to spam, as it only encourages spam.

Double, Triple, Quadruple, &c. Posting

None of these are acceptable. There is an Edit button for a reason. Please use it.

5. Respect Others, Do Not Flame/Troll

Flaming is when one or more persons interact with each other in a hostile or insulting manner. It usually resorts to personal attacks, simply because one person disagrees with another person's opinion. Flaming can also occur if the flamer or flamers wish to upset another member or members.

Trolling is the act of creating a thread or even posting that which is irrelevant, inflammatory, or even intended to disrupt a discussion. You will be infracted for trolling.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Whaaat! we can post here?
you are really going to crack down on this Huh :p
alright then, I'll try my best to follow these, 20 bucks says n00b's gone within a week :laugh:

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
What does this has to to with samus boards anyways? this is just a general rule and i bet everyone (except xyro *cough cough*) is aware of it

Crystanium

Smash Hero
What does this has to to with samus boards anyways? this is just a general rule and i bet everyone (except xyro *cough cough*) is aware of it
No one seems to read the SWF rules at the very top. For example, more than one post has been made concerning the same subject, and if someone had read what was stickied before actually making the exact kind of thread, we wouldn't have that problem. Double posts are also a problem.

Top Bottom