• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C4 Galore! - MWC: East Event #2- April 11th, Springfield, OH - Results Thread

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Doubles Results (37 Teams)

1: Omni Hate (Omni + Hate Oni) ($345.95)

2: No is best in Midwest (Yes + Ally) ($188.70)

3: Popsicle Sticks (Anther + Panda) ($94.35)

4: France Sucks (Joshu + Overswarm)

5: Renegade and Machinegun (Ren + Norm)

5: Team Judgement (Judge + NoJ)

7: Bombs And Rocks (Quivo + YBM)

7: King Kongs (Ripple + Ook)

9: We Met on eharmony (Argentstew + ITT)

9: Sliq and Chewy (Sliq + Chewy)

9: I Broke My TV (AZ + Bowyer)

9: Sky High (Nope + Lou)

13: Gay Dream (DJisk + Fromundaman)

13: Chaotic Crisis (Spec + Light)

13: Over 9000!!! (Capem + Fonz)

13: Steel Muldini (Steel Samauri + Muldini)

17: Interplanetary Funkmanship (Crash + Hilt)

17: Team Wigglio (Framerate + Pops)

17: Bunker Rush (Keist + Jokey)

17: Team Beep (Mr.E + Asdioh)

17: Epic Tophu (Epic + Toph)

17: Outta My Way (Rofa + Bloodhawk)

17: We <3 ***** (Xisin + Mr. Eric)

17: What's the Man (WTP + Mann)

25: Chocholate Covered Kittens (Count + Fuzzy)

25: Pit Fall (Asasin + D34TH)

25: Ebony Ivory (Slips + Josh)

25: Spiked (Matt + Paul)

25: Xero Blade (XeroXin + TBB)

25: 4933 (Mr 9 + Calic)

25: Growing Lagann (King Chaos + Shugo)

25: Team Blazian (Clowsui + Excel)

33: Nature Boys (Shadowbot + Metaflare)

33: KY Jelly (King Yoshi + Xtacy Falco)

33: Icy Hot 2 (Wakka + Paradigm)

33: Mexico And Peru FTW (Infern + Smash64)

33: Jungle Book (Champ + Cake)

Doubles Bracket Image

Singles Results (93 Entrants)

1. Ally :snake: ($375.36)

2. Anther :pikachu2: ($178.04)

3. Judge :metaknight: ($109.48)

4. CapEm :metaknight: ($62.56)

5. AlphaZealot :diddy: ($31.28)

5. Xisin :marth: ($31.28)

7. Omniswell :popo: / :dedede:

7. Shugo :sonic:

9. SamuraiPanda :snake:

9. Ook :dk2:

9. Bowyer :metaknight:

9. hateoni :metaknight:

13. Renegade :ike:

13. Toph :gw:

13. Overswarm :metaknight:

13. Ripple :dk2:

17: MachinegunNorm :snake:

17: Quivo :toonlink:

17: Pops :snake: / :wario:

17: Chewy :popo:

17: Rowan :peach:

17: Tactical :lucario:

17: Count :diddy:

17: Lou :gw:

25: Nope :snake:

25: Infern :snake: / :ike:

25: Y.B.M :kirby2:

25: Fizzle :lucario:

25: Smash64 :gw: / :metaknight: / :snake:

25: Needle of Juntah :gw:

25: Bloodhawk :lucario:

25: Rofa :metaknight:

33: Cake :diddy:

33: Asdioh :kirby2:

33: Champ :falco:

33: Crunch :warioc:

33: King Chaos :samus2:

33: Ithrowthings :sonic:

33: Tyr :lucas:

33: 1der

33: Hilt :olimar:

33: ArgentStew :lucario:

33: djiskabibble :metaknight:

33: Cr4sh :luigi2:

33: Mr.E :rob:

33: Z :metaknight:

33: Sliq :bowser2:

33: TheMann :luigi2:

Singles Bracket Image

For Singles we had two rounds of pools, in the first round the top 3 moved straight to the bracket and then the 4th and 5th place went into "Death Pools". The top two from each death pool made it into the 48 man bracket.

37: Mister Eric7
37: Framerate
37: XtacyFalco
37: Finns7
49: Spec
49: The Jerk
49: Excel
49: 1der
49: Paradigm
49: Paranormal Sin
49: Nicalobe
49: Epic
49: Fonz
61: whats the point
61: Light
61: Metaflare
61: Paul
61: Steel Samurai
61: Lil CJ
61: Jokey665
61: Xero Xen
61: Muldini
61: pkfire
61: Nano
61: Slips
73: Moose
73: Matt
73: e____
73: Jkip
73: Calic
73: Clowsui
73: Fromundaman
73: Shadowbot
73: Mr. 9
73: Katon
73: Fuzzy
73: D34TH
85: Falln
85: Faye
85: Mike B
85: Wakka
85: King Yoshi
85: TheFanFan
85: Josh
85: The Kiest
85: Assasin

Count

Smash Champion
First! Are the rest of singles going to be posted also? That's what I'm interested in..so that way I can make my shoutouts easier..shoutouts once full results are posted!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Definitely need the rest of singles / doubles for points!

Also, this put a huge amount into the pot for the circuit! Keep getting those points guys!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It takes more than top 16 to qualify for a full results post.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Any chance you could delete that giant picture that's stretching the page, or make it smaller? XD

Oh, and full results of course :p

Great tourney. I was exhausted for most of it, and it seems like tons of other people were as well, but it was run VERY WELL and for that I'm glad. Good stuff to the hosts. Shoutouts when the results are posted >_>

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Great tourney. I was exhausted for most of it, and it seems like tons of other people were as well, but it was run VERY WELL and for that I'm glad. Good stuff to the hosts. Shoutouts when the results are posted >_>
Thats funny because I forced myself to get at least 8 hours of sleep the night before. I was afraid that would happen to me too. But I slept and I did pretty well...until I played ook. I got wrecked pretty bad. Ook, you're getting Wolf next time my Lucario doesn't get the job done. Be ready!:)

King~

Smash Champion
shout-outs:

Anther: Thrsies thrsies thrsies, youll get him next eh ;| grats on second.

Judge: get some sleep next time kid, almost lost some critical matches towards the end. Also Cant wait for Apex.

Omniswell: fun seeing you again, hopefully next time ur fully rested and all that good stuff

Samuraipanda: i finally got a chance to sit down and play some friendlies with you, good times.

Renegade: man next time imma step up, you gettin the works next time we play.

Machinegun Norm: nice meeting you

Meta-Flair: you are probly the most enternaining person i have ever played.

Bowyer: well hopefully i was more of challenge this time, still too good for me though, next time.

Fizzle: sorry for those half ***** matches, i let my last two losses get to me. next time ill be on top of my game though so watch out.

Bloodhawk: nice meeting you, maybe next time ill challenge you to a mm or some friendlies.

Overswarm: Sonic..............but more seriously, ill have to challenge you to a mm on a better day. always nice seeing you.

Spec: fun seeing you again

God Kais: very entertaining bunch, so i guess it always a good time with the god kais there:bee:

Springfiled or Da field: Thanks for hosting the tourney guys it was very well run. and most appreciative for the housing that was avaliable to us. lou your mom is awesome for cooking us breakfast.

Throwtings: man somone else needs to get a car, but idk your driving skills are top tier. i see your getting better again so i guess ill have to step my game up to keep up eh.

Shugo and KingC: hope to see yall at some more tourneys, good job meeting ITTs expectations and beating OS.

People i played in Pools: GGs

hateoni__

Smash Journeyman
fun tourney

omni-=)
judge-grr, 2-1 everytime
anther-ur still the best to me
NOJ-haha joel ur so homo =P, jk <3 car ride was fun
Allly-oh my gosh ur the craziest person ever, ur accent was so funny and u bought that big *** fruit punch LOL
yes!-ty for drivin webster, ur singing is so funny lol
no!-.....
panda-hi
chewwy-no more luigis mansion =P
ripple-ur to .. =) , NOJ match was some lols
shugo-ur the best sonic I've ever seen =), my john is no sleep, =P kinda of legit, but ggs, I'm looking forward to playing u offline again. xD
bowyer-I swear, u SD so much, u can win so much more $ if u don't sd =P lol
AZ- I didn't cheat on AIB, I swear =)
Overswarm-nice mk dittos they were really lol and fun, I also felt bad for u when there was a million ppl screaming at u =P

uhh Iunno if I forgot any 1 else but ggs nice tournament =)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Shout outs:

-Sliq: Holy ****! That Bowser... I'm scared of being on the same half of the stage as it.

-OS: You were a really cool dude. I expected you to be an ******* since that seems to have somehow become your reputation. GGs though. No more SDs next time! Hopefully I'll provide a better challenge next time.

-Samurai Panda: GGs man! I was glad to get a chance to play you. You were a really cool guy too. Hope to play you again in the future.

-Infern: I swear, I'll remember to ban Pirate Ship next time! In fact, I ban it in advance.

Ack, g2g, I'll continue later or tomorrow.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
this is a little off topic and kind of crazy, but what'd you guys think of how fast your matches were called?

This tournament was run flawlessly as far as I could tell. Not only would the TOs assign you your match the moment your last was over, but they'd pay attention to where you and your opponent were and you'd already have one player at the station because of it.

My only issue with it was that you never had any chances to calm your nerves or rest your brain for a bit, and I know a few others were getting a little overwhelmed. This tournament ran on time (that takes precedence), but do you guys want a short 3 minute break or so inbetween matches in future events? Just looking for feedback.

I'll do shoutouts when I have time to write something full, but Nope and crew did an excellent job. I DEFINITLEY want this venue for the championships if it's possible.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Ally: Wish I'd gotten to play you. You always seemed busy :( Maybe next time.

Anther: Same as Ally. Hope to play you sometime. Your Pika is crazy good.

Judge: Your MK is crazy good. Pools games were fun. Maybe next time I'll put up more of a fight.

Capem: Good **** in brackets man. I don't know how I beat you in pools.

AZ: Thanks for the friendlies. I really need to work on my Diddy matchup. You're a really cool guy and I'm glad to see you did so well in the tourney.

Xisin: Holy **** man good job. Those were some amazing games. I need to play you again.

Omniswell: Really fun set. Ice Climbers are awesome. I wish mine were as good as yours are. Someday I'll beat you and make you regret not learning how to chaingrab the low tiers :)

Shugo: Wow man. Just wow. I wish I'd played you. Nasty Sonic.

Panda: Meant to play you but you were always busy :( Hopefully next time.

Ook: I want to MM you sometime. Your DK is awesome. Wish we'd gotten more matches in.

Bowyer: Beast Jigglypuff. I never saw it coming. Thanks for the Lucas dittos too. It showed me a ton of things I still need to work on. I think I pretty much only won because I'm really good on Brinstar.

Overswarm: Better luck next time. I was hoping we'd get a chance to get a recorded money match.

ithrowthings: Sonic MM was great. This tournament really changed my opinion of Sonic. He's a tricky character.

God Kais: You guys all should have placed higher. What happened? God Kais ftw

Lil' CJ: Keep using Lucas. It was cool to end up in the same pool as you. Hope to play you again sometime.

Nickalobe: Your Yoshi's pretty impressive. You improved a lot since the last time we played. Low tiers are awesome.

Fizzle: I'll get you next time...We should play Melee again too. No more MM's though lol.

Nope: Thanks for the MM. I've wanted to play you for a while.

Everyone who worked on setting up and maintaining the tournament: Amazing job. Had a great time.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
this is a little off topic and kind of crazy, but what'd you guys think of how fast your matches were called?

This tournament was run flawlessly as far as I could tell. Not only would the TOs assign you your match the moment your last was over, but they'd pay attention to where you and your opponent were and you'd already have one player at the station because of it.

My only issue with it was that you never had any chances to calm your nerves or rest your brain for a bit, and I know a few others were getting a little overwhelmed. This tournament ran on time (that takes precedence), but do you guys want a short 3 minute break or so inbetween matches in future events? Just looking for feedback.

I'll do shoutouts when I have time to write something full, but Nope and crew did an excellent job. I DEFINITLEY want this venue for the championships if it's possible.

The tournament was definitely a flawless tournamemt in terms of how it was run, but i do like the idea ofa break betwee nmatches, i wasa nercous wreck and couldnt find the time to calm myself for the next game, i would love a small break to gather thoughts in between matches. Also will do shout outs when full results are posted.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
What an amazing tournament :p

Shout Outs-

Anther- Wayyy Too good, and wayyy too funny it was sweet meeting you finally. Ann arbor really isn't that far from where I live maybe I should go there sometime. Very nice job at the tournament i'm telling you, you should've back throwed him i think it would've killed him! Ahaha

Ally- You're freaking amazing I just wished you talked more :(. Congrats on first!

Judge- Sorry i don't smoke :/ (lol jk). I still haven't really gotten to see you play or anything I just know apparently you ****. Good job.

Quivo- You might've not done your best in the tourney but you were owning in mm's thanks for taking my last dollar lol I love watching your TL. Pure sexiness.

Renegade- Nice meeting you I see you jab cancel **** with like every char possible xD you truly are the jab mastah, and no mm's for arm wrestling you'd beat the hell out of me lol.

Norm- It was cool hanging out with you and that mm thing between kingchaos and infern was so funny, and wrong xD.

Excel- Epic sonic free for alls man!

ITT- Thanks for taking me and my brother there it was totally worth going very long drive though ><.. and hey you do throw things. (Out the window)

King Yoshi- Cool talking to you and everything. You still HUNGRYYY? Lol!!!

Xtacy- Hope you have fun at California nice meeting you again and brawl plus is fun :p.

ReinhartX- You're not a jerk in person you're actually really nice, but why online?..lol it was nice chatting with you hopefully we'll meet again.

YBM- Thanks for the support Will Smith you should hook me up in one of your movies lol! Crazy stuff.

PkFire- You hurt my ears!

Lou- Thanks for housing us and stuff the tourney ran really great, and it was just amazing~

Hilt- Eh maybe if i stayed sonic for the 3rd round i would've won but iono I took my chances. I'll stay next time~

OS- You're too slowww.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think it was fine, and if you do need a break in between matches, I don't think there's a need to make some kind of "official break rule." You should just tell your opponent and/or a TO that you want to take a break for a few minutes, and I'm sure they'd be fine with that.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Tyr - no shoutouts for me!?

I'll have mine up soon. FANTASTIC tourney, great venue...let's have the champs here!

Count

Smash Champion
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I want full results!! Also upload the bracket to AIB. Step it up nope and ripn! <3 you guys

edit-i've been whor*ing these boards while doing my hw so much today wanting results badly i love analyzing this stuff..

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
try to be patient guys, I understand wanting the results and everything up but do consider...

it is easter, people are with their families
it was late after the tourney last time, not much time to post

I'm sure that once everything settles down and they are back that everything will be posted and taken care of

Finns7

Smash Ace
Uh first legit tourny

ook- Great DK, very intense matches
Ally- Your the most creative snake ive played, wish I could of got replays Epic **** for normal brawl match usually resulting in stalling and camping :p :p
Toph- good **** with your gaw, gotta finish our ganon falcon battle one day.
Ren- stop using hacks with your ike :p, nah but good **** yesterday, I will see you again.
OS- GG's and w/e ur meta was good even though you had a bad day.
Xtacy- FUn playing Melee all night and brawl+, enjoy yourself in Cali and all that jazz.

Everyone else who I played good ****, matches were fun, Im glad I finally got a chance to play others outside my area with mah boy Link and ganon. If I didnt put your name I sorry I seriously forget **** like that easy.

Also for those that tried out brawl+ thx for the input and replays :D :D :D

Thx for the ride argent, Itt for getting me a ride, you guys helped me out alot.

judge!

Smash Ace
ally- omg our match was GAY lol next time i wont sandbag/sd/ be annoyed still love u though

anther- very close matches you are srsly the most enjoyable person to play. so many combos that just make u gape in aw. and the luigi manshion match was epic. fuz buddy

kingyoshi- omg apex is gonna be awesome. hopefully midwest doesnt kick us out of our own **** room again lmfao. always fun chillin with u at tourneys.

panda- hott backwards hat =P i hate u in teams XD.

NOJ- we did awesome in teams screw double mk

ook- the snake destroyer fun friendlys and sick dk as always

tyr- u honestly have the best lucas

capemkills- gj gettin 4th good matches great mk

alphazealot- omg we lost to the same people in teams XD. sucks we didnt play but i wasent in the mood for MM to tired = / teams for next circet were gonna ****!

bloodhawk- spent most of my time chillin with u. Probebly one of the coolest people in the midwest. Fun matches for sure your lucario is super scary.

OS- nice to finally meet u and TRUST ME ino what it was like during your match lol i got annoyed 2 since we were playing at the same time right next to eachother.

ripple- omg that 3rd match against noj was soooooo crazy. 3rd stock for u was just lol bad luck

xisin- your marth is hands down top 2 marths iv ever played. very very good spaceing. u def have to come to more tourneys in midwest.

ITT- were playing next tourney ill go mk =P

ren- omg you were ****ing people up with ike. good ****

shugo- holy sonic man. saw your matches your nuts!.

toph aka super tall guy and pretty boy according to that chick- <3 just like my AIB post <3 nah but 4 realz your a saweet person and i love you. and good **** in brackets only GAW?

norm- omg we didnt face in brackets this is a first

omni- always a fun person to talk with. I was shocked xisin beat u i saw your nana kill herself i was like o ****. i HATE U IN TEAMS

dingdong- Close mk mirrors as always. i hate u in teams also XD

clowsui

Smash Legend
My Full Shoutouts!!!

KENTUCKY
Much love to the kentucky kids, who all played me and had a pretty good opinion of my improvement...all of our friendlies and matches were close.
Oreo - get ***** by fthrow -fthrow - dair...but we're teaming again next time, if we can almost beat the funk team without ANY teams experience together we can wreck other ones LOL.
Cr4sh - I hate you for taking me to Norfair...but I will win game 1 next time. I got unlucky w/ forgetting to shield on game 1 when I landed >__> You are definitely a good player, you will keep getting better but you need a stage that’s not Nofair or Brinstar because those stages might be banned at bigger and better tourneys!
Xisin - you're awesome, you could NOT have made any of us more proud. Soon you will learn the MK matchup and Judge will be pissing his pants. Keep improving w/ Marth...you're a goal that I can easily see because you live close
Hilt - we played only in like 3 friendlies but I guess I got way better? Thanks mah doo...stop rolling with Olimar, if I was in a serious match I definitely would've punished the rolls that I conditioned you into doing. I DB'd you only w/ the first two parts and you'd ROLL and get hit with a dtilt/DB AGAIN. Stop that!
Calic - you got a lot better but I definitely think I can beat you. I just wasn't play gay enough as Marth and I wasn't trying hard enough to predict you. Keep improving, I want a rival :p
Jkip - didn't play you
Rowan - the monster with Peach. I think if I played in a highly gay manner I'd stand a chance against you, but for now you're still destroying me because you play Marths and Falcos too often on Wifail and stuff, those two characters being prime counters for Peach
Tactical - I definitely could've beaten both your characters...warm up + not serious johns -__-; Regardless, nice games
Spec/Light - didn't play you two enough! Train up your little CC member, he wasn't doing anything all tourney
CJ - go out and play more friendlies! you can play training mode at home but tourney is where it's at =)
Eric - BEEEPOOOOOO didn’t get to play you you ****er
Overswarm - YOU’RE TOO SLOW. Let’s play sometime =D

INDIANA
Blood Hawk - good games...I wish I could defeat you! But you have more experience than me, so...
Count - sorry for trying to get you off your TV, I honestly thought you should've been fighting someone else XD;
Joshu - playing SMRPG the whole time LOL (I think it was Joshu, not sure)
Asdioh - I swear if we were playing in tournament I would've lost b/c I wasn't gay enough with Marth XD; You just have more experience than me...I need a little more and then you're done!

ILLINOIS(?)
Ook - didn't play you
Norm - didn't play you
Ripple - I'll get you next time you *****

CANADA
Ally - no marth dittos :( :( :( Good job winning

MICHIGAN
Hateoni/Dingdong - I didn't realize you were dingdong at first, I was like how the fsck is this kid going nearly even w/ Judge in MK dittos? and then I read that you were dingdong today and I was like OH...so you had experience LOL
Omniswell - that was an interesting way to get my attention, wrapping yourself around me LOL better luck w/ Nana next time, that was mad gay. see you at the next one
SpamuraiPanda - let's play someone that's NOT overswarm next time in trainer battles rofl. Good games, thanks for the suggestion. Do I need to play even gayer with Falco? XD Also I got a laser lock!!! So awesome.
WTP - GANON CHALLENGE
The Mann - Fireball -> FSmash -__- I will beat you in brackets if we ever play, I don’t think I was playing gay enough with Marf
Joel - thanks for not taking my dollar, those were fun games. Sorry you were so tired...you are on a completely different level than I am
Sliq - didn't play you...what the fsck? Anyways that was wack, playing Ally 1st round XD; Train up at Brawl so you can beat up Ally
Judge! - you were a cool dude, and are still actually LOL Teach me how to fight MK, that matchup is mad wack...I will perfect my Sheik or Falco if that’s what it takes. Good job taking out Xisin...no **** Marth v MK is terrible
THRZY - you are a failure and love stealing money from little kids. It’s okay though, I still love you. Let’s play more next time!

OHIO
Argent - meh...I wish I was playing better/more campy against you, would've been a lot closer XD; Nice games
Mike B - sorry for *****ing, I'm just mad that I lost to what I feel is a garbage character with Marth -___-; You were a pretty good Jiggs though
Capem - WTF @ your Metaknight. AJ you’re too good at this matchup -___-;
Cake - no MM? Whatever. I will defeat you and your noob Diddy at the next tourney
Lou - SO close, Jesus CHRIST. I need to learn that matchup vs. Diddy. I almost had you!
Nope - I wanted an MM vs. you! But you were awesome at TO’ing =)
AZ - Chris you’re a jerk to Cate LOL It’s alright tho, for real. You are a cool guy. Teach me how to fight Diddy!
Amy - youuu I wanted to play you but I didn’t get to. Why were you only playing friendlies w/ Blood Hawk and other women!? I wanted to learn the Lucario matchup.
The Jerk - your Sheik isn’t good. That’s right, I’m calling you out so that we can play dittos next tourney. Super gay though. Your Zelda is better than mine for sure
Kat0n - Fox? I only watched you play. Wanted to play you too
Qsies - TERRIBLE luck in brackets. GET OUT OF YOUR SLUMP MAH D00
Fromundaman - wow you got ***** with a spike, WHAT THE ***? Jesus cripes!
Paradigm - I will teach you more Marth. For now work at just always zoning w/ the sword, keeping it in front of you...keep playing ROB though
Dj_iskaskribble - My Falco will get gayer...and you will lose! Thanks for the controller. How much would you be willing to fork it over for?
Caitlin - you are awesome. Too bad I didn’t get to teach you at this tourney >___>; Movie night, let’s gosters! Even though you’re not gonna read this I’m shouting out to you. LOL
Kel - I didn’t get to play Ally! :(
Tyr - you are getting sick with Lucas...I will continue to play extra gay with Falco so you can learn that matchup head to toe. Keep training me!
SS - I am better than you with Marth, I’m sure of it now. Dittos prove nothing, but I feel as though my general skill is better than yours. Your juggling skill is just ridiculous, that’s why it’s lopsided sometimes with me vs. you LOL Keep playing more...I will be hosting a smashfest sometime at my house, come again!
TGM - Sam we didn’t play much! You didn’t get much better either. You need to play like WAY gayer and start playing like DSF and Ally, where everytime someone touches your shield they get blown da fsck up. Come over sometime w/ DJ
God Kais - ughhhh you guys did SO bad. Let’s train up at my house sometime...maybe the night before the tournament on 5/23? Caitlin wants to do movie night too so maybe on that day. We will wake up in the morning, have excellent waffles/pancakes/griddle breakfast and **** face.
Me - wow I suck. But I’m getting there!
e_ - Seriously, I just need to go all Sheik on you from this day onwards...all Sheik/Falco. I cannot play your Marth any more - I am SICK of playing that stupid matchup. Only when I’m like REALLY bored will I play a ditto.
Fizzle - DEY SEE ME FIZZLIN, WEN IM RLY JUS JIZZLIN. Too good, you were like lv 99 in that trainer match. Sheik is an underrated character...
Doctor X - who comes to a tournament only NOT to enter? Step it up!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Great, well run tournament. Plenty of set ups. Tons of people. Great competition. Nice atmosphere. Brawl is alive and well in the MW. Saw lots of old faces and lots of new ones. Good **** to everyone I met and everyone I played. This was not my best tournament, unfortunately. While I was loading my TV into the car in the morning I dropped it (and myself) down about 6 steps of stairs. $400 down the drain + bumps/scraps and bruises before I even left for the tournament. I felt off most of the day, there were some flashes of brilliance but overall I was unhappy with things. I really wish I could get that last stock back against capem and not have gone out with an SD, but that's basically how my day was going, getting sent into the loser's bracket in the 2nd round.

I've got the videos I took up: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaZealot
That has me vs Shugo (Sonic) and me vs Capem (MK)
Ripple got me vs Bowyer record, and me vs himself (ripple), recorded. Let me know when those go up Ripple!

Judge and I are gonna dominate the next event. 1st place. Its done.

As per shoutouts
Toph: we have the same first name. Good **** us. Also good **** chillin.
Xtacy: good chillin
Count/all my other Diddy's: nice seeing ya'll, keep working on the little monkey.
Renegade: nice IKEEEE. I squandered in game 3.
Mr. E: Good ROB!
King Chaos: Amazing for your first big tournament. Took me by surprise! What happened to you in brackets???
Shugo: **** good Sonic. Way to show people that winning isn't just about tiers, its about how SMART you are.
Capem: good **** taking 4th. However I hope you forgive me if I don't particularly count that game 3 win hehehe
Anther/Ally: can't believe I got 5th and didn't get to play either of you.
Bowyer: You should trying switching off of MK to deal with Diddy. Jigglypuff is more or less the right direction, I'd actually place Jiggly as among Diddy's top 5 worst match ups. We did pretty good in teams, I guess we shouldn't be to unhappy since we lost to the 1st/3rd place teams, but I do think our chemistry kinda was ehh...losing two 2 v 1's was squanderful.
Norm: good **** in pools. I got uber frustrated in game 1 not KOing you until after 200% for two stocks straight and that basically spelt the end for me
Ripple: sick DK. Love it. I think DK does bad against Diddy though. I also have some pretty good DK practice against JV every month or so (for like 5 hours straight, ROFL, I was fresh off playing JV last weekend, DK vs Diddy like 40 matches straight).
Bloodhawk: your to good! Tough bracket, tough placement, you'll return to the top 10 soon I'm sure. Also thanks for showing Amy a few things!
Tactical: Didn't play ya but also thanks for playing Amy and showing her some stuff! I'm trying to get her to get her Lucario good so she can enter tournaments.
NoJ: did you not play your bracket matches?
All of the springfield crew that ran this event: **** well run event. It was beautiful. And yea, matches were called super efficiently and super fast, not much of a break, but there shouldn't be-that extra 2-5 minutes people take between matches can delay a tournament 1-2 hours by the end time, I'd rather finish up by 12:30am than by 2:30am, which is what most people don't realize when they suggest being allowed to break. I think if you want a break, you should 2-0 your opponent, or it should be by request only (ie they have to ask you if it is okay). This is basically how it works at MLG events. If you win fast you get a break, otherwise you don't get a break unless you played back-to-back-to-back 5 game sets and requested one from a official/the director of the tournament.
Overswarm: one of these days I'd like to run into you so I have a chance to get my revenge from the only time we've played in tournament (like 4 months ago). I would like to say that, if MK were banned, we would never have been give the opportunity to see you lose to Sonic. I hate to say it, but you almost set yourself up for the loss.
Hilt: Nice Olimar! And yea, I was a bit off all day long, I heated up after awhile, but early on I was like...not in good shape. It took me a long time to get warm and you saw me when I was basically at my coldest.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm: one of these days I'd like to run into you so I have a chance to get my revenge from the only time we've played in tournament (like 4 months ago). I would like to say that, if MK were banned, we would never have been give the opportunity to see you lose to Sonic. I hate to say it, but you almost set yourself up for the loss.
Sonics - 1
Overswarm - like a zillion

I am still in the lead in my OS vs. Sonic matches

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Haha...We Had A lot Of fun Springfield...Nope, Cake, RipN, And Champ sure do know how to Have Fun...the God Kais will be in Attendance more often...Hahaha I'll type more later but I'm still feeling it From Last night....Hehe...

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Haha...We Had A lot Of fun Springfield...Nope, Cake, RipN, And Champ sure do know how to Have Fun...the God Kais will be in Attendance more often...Hahaha I'll type more later but I'm still feeling it From Last night....Hehe...
wish i had the chance to talk to you god kais, we had to leave SnS early and i didnt have any of you guys in my pool so i kinda crapped out with meeting you all. sorry for that. but you did meet just about everyone in da field but me.

smash64

Smash Champion
lol same here but yeah springfield does know how to have fun ill give shout outs later

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Its all Good Paranormalsin...I'm sure we'll meet at another tournament...We're the Most craziest Trio ever...And just fun to be around. I was talking to everyone Near me just to get to know them a lil more ...So hopefully we'll kick it at the next event...

Mr.E

Smash Lord
AZ, I'll get you next time. :o You looked kinda down at the time too, I am shamed to not have taken advantage! I would suppose you were upset at losing to Renegade or something. You got it better than Overswarm!

As far as how the tourney ran, I wouldn't have it any other way. Starting at 3pm and ending at 2am is never good, we made good time considering how big the event was. We were never short on set-ups, thanks for everyone who stepped up to bring ****. There should be no need to schedule a special break time, except the final 4-8 people as everyone else is knocked out, people should naturally have some downtime between their matches.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
Springfield: Good ****. Awesome job running this.

My Pool
Cake : Learn to KO! Diddy dittos next time.
Pops! : I hate fighting Snakes, next time we meet I'll know the match up.
PKfire: Never again on Weegee's.
MrE: Can't Kirbycide ROB
ITT: GTFO MY POOLS!
Omniswell: I'll know that Icies ditto.
Josh: Lolimar is tough for PK kids, I learned the hard way.

Champ: I'm just hustling you.
Nope: Melty Blood, I need to take your money. Because I know I can't in Brawl.
RipN: Awesome job keeping this running.
Lou: We need to get something running in Columbus. Ketchup.
Capem: Don't play Lucas anymore. =P

Shugo: Holy ****. Speed is your game.
King Chaos: AMAZING Samus.
OS: I should really pick up Pit huh? 5 stocks in that Pokeman battle.
KingYoshi: Brawl+ is too much fun. Weegee ftw.
CR4SH: You play a mean flowchart Weegee. Forward-Down-Diagonal SHORYUKEN!
Fizzle: Nasty Sheik.
Anther: I will get my ditto MM. And you will get my money.

I'm sure I missed some people.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Its all Good Paranormalsin...I'm sure we'll meet at another tournament...We're the Most craziest Trio ever...And just fun to be around. I was talking to everyone Near me just to get to know them a lil more ...So hopefully we'll kick it at the next event...
i was chillin next to dr x, so what...two seats from you?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
2nd best aprt of this tournament was watching that food chick hit on the God Kais and vice versa.

1st was PT battles.

Count

Smash Champion
No full results still so I guess I'll do shoutouts!

Tourney was run well as everybody said, I'm pretty happy with my performance considering I haven't been to a big tourney before..this is actually only my second legit tourney.

Key to success at this tourney for me-less than 8 hours sleep the previous two nights combined, have a hangover, chug red bull before going in to the venue, lose your voice and be extremely sick. I played quite well and these must be the factors.

AZ-sorry if I was bothering you or whatever, I really wanted to pick your brain. Thanks so much for all the tips-they really helped make this tourney a success for me. Random-is your girlfriend half asian? My girlfriends half asian so all diddy mains have half asian girlfriends?!?!? Sorry that you had to go out with an SD..looking forward to the next time our paths cross. ps-why did we have to do a diddy ditto in brackets blahhhhh

YBM-good stuff in pools..I gotta learn how to play kirby! Great job running the pool also. Cool guy!

Anther-Cool talking to you, you're an amazing smasher but much more importantly an amazing guy. I might have to hit you up for some help once I start taking my CS classes.

OS-Thx for the mm, everybody hates you on here but to me you're a good guy. Walking around with your sharpie and goofy grin, how can you not be liked?

Fizzle-great lucario you just gotta learn the diddy matchup.

infern-great snake, you should've stayed snake, I think my adaption in round two sort of got to you and you freaked. Who wants to win by camping the water anyway? Anyway you seem like a really chill guy, hope to play you again =).

hilt-such a close mm was fun good stuff beating me! Good to see you and can't wait to get to S2d again.

jkip-thanks for the sonic tips!

panda-Suchhhhh a smart snake and it doesn't help that you second diddy. Amazing player. My buddy albert had fun being your pokemon.

ripple-great DK, I used to think DK was a hard matchup but I think it is in diddy's favor now.

renegade-didn't really talk to you but good stuff beating AZ. We should play, we're both in Indy.

Bowyer-you're a chill guy, fun MM.

DJ iscribbllz or whatever your name is ha-fun mm your mk has a lot of potential, I narrowly escaped!

cake-sorry I'm yellow diddy also :(. your diddy is great!

Nope-excellent tourney, good stuff owning me in the mm can't wait to play again! Amazing snake.

chi-no worries about trying to get me off my tv, you were just misunderstood. I hope I didn't come off as an a**, I was just intense over my match. We should do some friendlies next time for sure :).

xisin-it was nice to be able to play offline finally, insane marth! Congrats on fifth you deserve it. Our MM was fun!

Louisville-you guys are awesome can't wait to get back to s2d

springfield-this tourney was too good, thanks for making it a great experience for me.

Rest of my pool-good stuff..asidoah (sorry if i spelled it wrong) once you learn the matchup it will be tough for me! Same for you e!

I know I forgot people so I will definitely reply if anybody says anything to me.

People I wanted to play but couldn't: quivo, shugo, chewy, ally, judge, tactical, bloodhawk, sliq, a bunch of other good mks.

Sorry for the long shoutouts but this tournament was too good to not have a lot of shoutouts. If I forgot anybody it wasn't on purpose the day blends together!

/edit POST FULL RESULTS

/edit #2 I wanna play beer pong with the springfield guys!

Top Bottom