• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/18/09: Irving Game X Change Tournament, SBR Certified!

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman

About GxC:
This is the first of many tournaments that Game X Change of Irving hopes to have. We are a retail video game store that specializes in used consoles and games.

Also, I apologize in advance for its short notice and that it is in conflict with PBT. This was the best available weekend for our staff!

4070 N. Belt Line Rd
Irving, Texas 75038
(972) 252-8700

Tournament Begins: 1pm

I come from the Rio Grande Valley where I used to run Halo CE, 2, and 3 tournaments. I did a couple of Melee and Brawl ones before I moved to Irving. (I have also attended a lot of Brawl tournaments from PBTs, Oh Snap, and Final Smash, just so you guys know that I know more or less, 'whats up') We will be using Tio to seed and run this tourney as professionally as possible. I gladly welcome assistance or input if any of the regulars would like to attend and contribute to the tournament.

AIM @ pokemasterdano
or by phone
(956) 650-3242

PRICE:

NO VENUE FEE
Singles: $5
Doubles $5 per team

PAYOUT
100%

Singles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

BRAWL SINGLES AND DOUBLES RULES

We will use the SBR certified rule set: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

Stages:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpick
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise

:chuckle: WE WELCOME ADDITIONAL SET UPS!!! :chuckle:

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
o ys rly!

You won't remember me, but you actually came by my apartment when my ( now ex ;_; ) roommate, Caboose, had that little BBQ and Smashfest in Irving. The tournament is one block away!

Bring friends... ;D

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
DANG I know the owner of the store (this was the guy I was talking about when I said I know a place to hold tournaments in Dallas area). The store SUPER NICE and I recommend everyone to bring in used games he usually give more store credit then game stop. Also I will not be attending PBT and will be going to this tournament instead.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Luigis mansion?!?!?!

...DONE!!!

edit: how come there's 4 starters?
That was just what we came up with discussing it with my boss and the staff's interpretation of fair stages. We will probably add PS1 to the starter list though.

Is this at the GXC next to Walmart and Peter Piper's Pizza?
No. Are you thinking of the Game X Change in Highland Village? Were located in Irving. Were south of 114/161/635 and north of 183/820. Try Google mapping the address so you can see exactly what I am saying.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, a couple of last minute things!

First, I'm stoked that all of you are coming out to this or at least hyping it a bit! <3 for everyone and especially anyone giving us support regardless of the conflict with PBT.

Second, while we are currently not offering any kind of set up compensation, I promise we will be in the future (like the next tournament!) So please, if you can, bring a set up, if not, next time will be fine :b

Third, I myself will not be there due to a family emergency in the Valley. Its not like any of you would remember me from PBTs, but still, I promise this tournament will go smoothly and you will all love it!

Last, it will be a point in our future plans to try and not conflict with PBTs. I will get with Kirby Kid myself and we will work things out to try and please everyone!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :D

Lol sup danny looks like i may make this tournament
Dood, I am in Weslaco on family emergency >__> I can brawl tonight and tomorrow night if you're still in town!

Magik0722

Smash Champion
nope im already in dallas, well actually a place called denton so i guess well play each other when you come back to the valley in the summer

Top Bottom