• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some grab release stuff.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Sup.

This is just a thread full of grab release combos that we have on other characters. Post some if you find any others, but I think the majority have already been found. If you find one and contribute it here, I'll credit you where I post the find.

Grab Release?

~Ground Release and Air Release: The Specifics~

Ground Release: Characters will slide out in front of Ike on the ground after releasing. The distance slid on the ground depends on the character. If characters have no ground below them, they will keep falling and will be able to act as fast as they would normally would.

Opponents will be Ground Released if:

-They break out of Ganondorf's Grab during the Pummel hitstun.
-Their feet/some part of their body is grounded while Ganondorf has them held, and they don't forcibly try to jump out.

Air Release: Characters will pop out into the air after releasing. The distance, trajectory, and speed in the air depend on the character. If characters land on the ground or on a platform at any point during the Air Release animation, they will be able to act right away, give or take a few frames depending if they land with a hard or a soft landing.

Opponents will be Air Released if:

-Their feet/some part of their body is not touching the ground while Ganondorf has them held, and they are currently not in the Pummel hitstun.
-This includes characters who normally are touching the ground, but are suspended off a platform or at the edge of the level.
The amount of time it takes for the opponent to be released from Ganon's hold depends on the percentage they are on; the higher the longer, and also depends on the amount of buttons pressed/joy-sticks rotated in that time. Obviously, the more times the quicker the opponent is released. Each full rotation of either stick counts as one button pressed.

Jump Release:

:jigglypuff: Jigglypuff :jigglypuff:
-Dark Dive:
don't bother doing it, F- throw does more damage and is safer.

:metaknight: Meta Knight :metaknight:
-Wizard Kick:
The timing is really tight, so its always best to buffer it.

:squirtle: Squirtle :squirtle:
-Dash-A:
Great for early kills.

-Gerudo:
Probably the best option if you can't kill him. Iif squirtle buffers a jab you will take 3% but still grab due to grab armour.

-Wizard Kick:
Maybe if you want him offstage for an attempted gimp? Gerudo would generally be better in most situations.

:wario: Wario :wario:
-SH U-air
Doesn't do as much damage as other aerials, not a great option.

-SH F-air
Best for killing if F-smash is diminished.

-SH D-air
Most damage, and sets up for an easy tech chase, but watch that its not diminished enough that it doesn't knock him over.

-SH N-air
Best option when you can't kill and D-air is diminished.

-SH B-air
No use.

-Dark Dive-F-smash (tilted upwards)
Best killer if undiminished.

-U-smash
Possibly your best kill option on a map with a low roof.

-Footstool
Useless.

Ground Release:

:lucas: Lucas :lucas:
-Jab
Only option :/

-Re-grab against a wall
'Tis an infinite.

:ness2: Ness :ness2:
-Jab
Only option :/

-Re-grab against a wall
'Tis an infinite.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
About anything's possible on Wario after Grab Release.

You should also put up Grab Release > Wizard Kick, or the last few hits from Dash Attack, on Metaknight.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm talking about if u-air com is into a grab at lower percents though, not if the U-air works.

Also, dash attack don't work on MK, I tested it. Not tried WizKick though.
Why are thee talking like this? Argh.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I just love aerial grabreleases combined with WKC'ing.

Like: Aerial grabrelease -> Wizkick -> WKC'd Uair, or even WKC'd Suicide.

10GrilledCheese10 for that!

Cratze.

Smash Rookie
I heard DK has a bad ground release, maybe you have stuff on him like on Ness and Lucas?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Face124, When did you change your character-head to Ganon? Weren't you a Falcon main a few days ago? =p

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Can't Ganon regrab Wario after a grab release? Ganon has a huge vertical grab range. I also didn't know Squirtle had so bad grab release.

Gleam

Smash Ace
Ganon can regrab Wario, but in all honestly its rather pointless. You can only get one pummel in each grab at the beginning which only does 1% damage. It's just much easier to go for that F-Smash or whatever.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Up angled fsmash doesn't work against Wario? I've been doing that.

TP

Smash Master
The best option against Wario is to regrab them until you reach the edge and then Dair spike. It is easy and effective.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I am sure Ganon can grab release Dtilt, Ftilt, dash attack, and dash grab both Lucas and Ness. I tested it out with them DIing away too. There is no reason to ever grab release jab. I'm not sure if Ganon pummels fast enough to guarantee they ground break 100% of the time though.

Top Bottom