• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Canceled) I TOLD YHA SO! 6/6/09 Racine, WI

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Tournament is canceled. But lock-in is still a Go!

General Info:

When - June 6th 2009
Where - Paul's Video Arcade: 5564 Durand Ave # B268 Racine, WI 53406 (1-262-554-1660)

LOCK - IN INFORMATION:

- Paul's Video Arcade Lock - Ins are pretty sweet! It starts as soon as the mall closes at 8PM (but if you're still there for the tournament, you're allowed to stay until the tournament is finished. after that, it's $10 for the lock - in to stay any further). And it's only $10 to participate. All and I mean ALL, arcade games are on free play all night to the next morning (8pm - 3am). And you can bring whatever consoles and T.Vs you desire, to play others in games you enjoy. The arcade even provides subway sandwhiches for your convience, for the first hour of the lock - in (i say "first hour", because there is a limited supply of sandwhiches. so get em while u can lol). Games that were NOT on the tournament schedule during the day, may be ran at the lock - in. Games played, rules, and entry fees will be announced at the lock - in. Please remember to pick up after yourselves. There IS NO ALCOHOL OR SMOKING ALLOWED IN THE ARCADE WHATSOEVER!!! Once you leave the arcade/lock - in, you are dismissed from the event (unless u have recieved special permission by the arcade manager) and will be asked to leave mall grounds. If you have any questions or concerns please pm me or call the arcade for more info (number provided above)

Please post up if you'll be able to make it (pre register) or not. Hope to see everyone there!

PLEASE EVERYONE, BRING SET UPS FOR THE GAMES YOU WANT TO PLAY!!! CHAIRS WOULD BE NICE TOO... :)

Thanks!!!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
omfg marc! how yha been man. where have you been??? :dizzy:

hellz yeah it'd be awesome hanging out again. bring da usual crew if you can.

goodd times to come.

you guys SHOULD REALLY try to make one of those chicago screenz tournaments. THEY ARE SIMPLY INCREDIBLE!!!

oh and EDIT:

W.I.M.P.S will start back up again in august. No worries!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Nope we got 7 or 8 tournaments going on that day, with limited space. so something had to give. brawl singles are this tournaments strength, so I'ma have to focus on that this time around. we tried doubles last time with like 4 - 6 teams, so it didn't get a big turnout.

hope you're able to make it out though

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
we could just make it an epic doubles tournament...

what you guys think? it's gotta be one or the other though. and i gotta get the majority to come to this.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
No Sailor Moon? Fail.

This is seifer on drag's profile and goddamit stop logging on at my house
lolz...i actually have that game. so we can play it after the tournament....

if u guyz can make it.

sheik: lolz are u gonna try to learn a 2d fighter, that'd be hella cool if u did. :)

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
lolz...i actually have that game. so we can play it after the tournament....

if u guyz can make it.

sheik: lolz are u gonna try to learn a 2d fighter, that'd be hella cool if u did. :)
Id figure if Im gonna learn ANY 2D fighter, it might as be a brand new one so I can start on the same level with everyone else. It looks interesting too!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I might...

why is there literally no hype for this tourney?

other than what dragmire already said, :bee:

another reason is that we're NOT doing double at this tournament. and there has been A LOT of smash tournaments lately in the midwest, especially in Il. and besides this tournament is really dedicated to WI's tekken scene. but i do try to support the WI/southeastern WI SSBB scene but running these tournaments too.

so if people can make it. that'd be awesome. if not, there's always next time. my tournaments for Brawl always have 20+ so i'm fine with that too :)

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
I only play Brawl, so I'll probably come if there will be a reasonable amount of people playing. I don't want to get there and have the Brawl tournament canceled because nobody showed up. I agree with Ook--this tournament should have more hype, because it sounds really fun.

Devil, do you have any rough idea of how many people would be coming for Brawl?

Seifer

Smash Rookie
This is a huge maybe for me and the guys. It all hinges on the ride right now basically, since I'll actually be off on this day.

Perhaps see you guys there, even though I haven't played Brawl in months now haha.

I might bring my Wii along for the little bit of extra fun I have packed in there too, but we'll see what happens eh?

nightwing2024

Smash Cadet
Myself and a few others will prolly show up for this, since we're only like 20 minutes away. I know I'm only in for Brawl, but my friends might do Tekken 5 and SF 4.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
you guys this tournament is gonna be canceled. i'm actually staying in chicago until next weekend. i had to weigh out some priorities and this tournament had to go.

we'll rescheduled this for july 11th. maybe we'll get a better turnout then too.

see you guys at MWC/EVO North!

syxx

Smash Rookie
This tournament is not canceled, and smash brothers is still being run. Unfortunately I don't know the details since they were all deleted from the first post. The arcade manager and one of the staff will still be running it. Sorry I don't have more information than that.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
guys...listen to me very closely on this one. Syxx is a ****ing douche bag. he totally doesn't support this scene whatsoever. he doesn't even consider you guys a community worth giving two ****s about to begin with. here's proof in the pudding:

note this is all from http://tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=112294

Me:

i'd like to register for smash and naruto please...

are you gonna run those? i don't see it on the tournament list.

will there be wii's provided and a section for us to play smash?

what naruto game is gonna be played? GNT4 or Accel 2?

jee it seems this tournament is so one sided. where's the variety? how do you know if i wouldn't wanna play other games, wouldn't you at least advertise them anyways to find out? syxx...who are you? i don't recognnize the screen name. i mean, when was the last time you ran/planned a racine tournament? like a year ago?

you mean i'd have to wait **** near a year for someone from WI to run a tournament in racine...

looks like that digi guy at least tried to do something monthly (consistently, that wasn't just tekken)....i've been to one of his tournaments...very FUN indeed.
Syxx:

If you're going to have smash at a fighting game tournament, you might as well have fps games... or rts... it's a different genre. I like running fighting game tournaments, not party game tournaments.
as if smash, especially brawl, doesn't have a competitive scene. and not to be taken seriously...

Me:

tell that to the man who's spent over $4,000 for tekken BR and probably made more money from smash players venue fee at a tournament then you guys spend playing BR in two weeks.

tell that to someone who has 2 times more entrants come for a smash tournament...then **** near any tournament game could ever provide.

go post that **** on smashboards. i dare you.

you obviously don't know what the **** you are talking about man. smash is a fighting game. you hit your opponent to cause damage to a meter to score a k.o/ringout.

shut up...
Okay so that's him being a complete douche to the SSBB/SSBM scene.

And here's where he doesn't even consider you guys attending the tournaments i run in racine. As if smash players don't even matter (as if he hadn't done so earlier):

These post are from http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=185821

Me:

SO WHO IS COMING?
Syxx:

The same like 10 or so people who always come to these things
really? could have been specific don't you think...

Me:

not true...

1st paul mps 50 for brawl
2nd paul mps 35 for brawl
3rd paul mps 30 for brawl

and that's just brawl. not mentioning people who came for sc3/4, tekken, street fighter, and etc. out of towners came as well...

i like how your belittling my efforts and tournaments. but whatever, either come or stfu.

simple!
cuz if u read earlier in the thread this man claims i'm incapable of running tournaments. and u guys have said nothing but great things....

Syxx:

Of course i'm refering to games other than brawl. Man everyone in wisconsin only wants to play brawl. It's SOOOO annoying, I'm tireda dis state GAWD :rolleyes:
That was his attempt at making fun of me...

And then finally...before he said all this ******** ****, he had the nerve to say this:

As for the smash scene, they have their own community so I can't really comment on that.
That's cuz the stupid **** doesn't know **** about the scene and doesn't care either. he wasn't even gonna try to salvage the smash aspect of the tournament, had it not the manager (paul who is a great guy) of the arcade said anything. he said he had better things to do...(which may be true)

but why only pick select games to run (like ***** *** tekken), when u KNOW the biggest part of the tournament is the smash part of it? when i canceled the event. i canceled everything. i don't play favorites. i try to please everyone. and yes guys, i understand that canceling tournaments...PLEASE ABSOLUTELY NO ONE! again i'm sorry...

and finally i have to mention he has been bashing this community and it's players for years. he's a two faced egotistical prick. and i lost all respect for this peice of **** "so called pro gamer"

SO GUYS, DO YOU REALLY WANNA SUPPORT SOMEONE LIKE HIM? :(

Anyways. Like I said Paul is the one who really wants you guys to come to this tournament. I simply can't run it because i'm in Chicago until next weekend. So if you guys decide to go...I wouldn't even give Syxx the time of day...

**** that guy!!! :mad:

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
digi is right, also i don't think many were planning on going anyways but yeah don't go to this.

Top Bottom