• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JFox's Goodbye

JFox

Smash Hero
There comes a point in one's life where change is inevitable. That point for me has come. I am unhappy with many things about my life and need to make some room for change.

Consequently, this change necessitates more of my spare time, much of which is taken up playing competitive smash. I've decided that I am dropping out of competitive smash, and it is unlikely you will be seeing too much of me in the near future.

To the friends I've made, I'd like to thank all of you for the good times. Smash has been a great experience, and I take great pride in the relationships I've made. To my crew: You've been brothers to me, and I thank you for all of the time and patience you've had with me in my constant learning experience. To the tri-state smash scene: I wish you all the best, and I regret that I won't be a part of your domination over the rest of competitive smash.

My account on smashboards will likely become more and more inactive in the near future, but it's likely that I'll be checking things at least til april ends. I am going to probably come visit every once and a while just to keep ties with old friends, but I have no intention of getting back into competitive smash. As for genesis, I'm a little undecided what I plan on doing with my plane ticket. Spoc VII will be my final attempt at any competitive smash, so I hope to see you there.

Carry the torch on without me.

Long live melee.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
what airport is ur plane ticket flying out of and into?
maybe id be interested in buying it if possible?

sucks to hear though man, i havnt gotten to see you recently as it is, i havnt been at all the latest melee tourneys. but il see you at spoc. maybe a special goodbye jfox mm is in the cards lol

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
I'll be sure to play you at Spoc VII. Good luck with whatever else you decide to pursue.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Yo J-C*cks lol! Just for you, I'm gonna go mostly Peach at this tournament. Also because you believe my wack a$$ Peach can become a super beast if I keep using her lol.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
You can't do this to me Michael Jfox. We haven't played since the last SPOC, so, lets get it poppin like epileptics on bubble wrap.

Lovage

Smash Hero
bull****

no one ever quits melee
you can try as hard as you want but you can't quit that game
and even if you somehow could, you can't quit the community. see you at genesis jay

Bladewing

Smash Apprentice
I've only met you once dude and that one time I did, you are a cool guy. You taught me some stuff about melee and I won't forget that. Keep it up in whatever you do dude.

On that note I might quit brawl since my wii just suddenly stopped working. God nintendo sucks.

Laijin

Smash Hero
bull****

no one ever quits melee
and even if you somehow could, you can't quit the community. see you at genesis jay
This man speaks the truth.
YOU CAN NEVER QUIT THIS GAME.
IT WILL ALWAYS COME BACK TO YOU NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME IT TAKES.
SEE YOU AT GENESIS BRO

skyheart

Smash Lord
bull****

no one ever quits melee
he's gonna play starcraft instead lmao

Alukard

Smash Hero
j fox ... we already had the going away thign at cactus' lol

we are going to miss you ... but i already told u .... wat u are doing/trying is really good .. more power to u bro ... take care

JFox

Smash Hero
Your point?

LOL did you think that money match is really even important to me? I don't see why you'd bring that up.

If I decide to stay active enough and care by the time genesis rolls around, than I'll do it and win some free money. If I don't, evs. I have a job, it's really not hard to make $20.

That's the problem with long term mm's. **** happens.

Top Bottom