• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chu Dat Bi-weekly April 18th Results, Luigi beats Metaknight, up+b kills at 40

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Regular Brawl Teams

1. Boss + Kornn (luigi + mk)
2. Chu + Chinesahh (kirby + pit)
3. EE + ESOJ (d3 + diddy)
4. Candy + Meep (wario + marth/lucario)
5. Shinku + Tantalus (snake + mk)
5. Turbo + Gonzo (d3 + kirby)
7. GIMR + Aposl (??? + poke trainer)
7. Sage + Thunderhorse (ness + falco)

Regular Brawl Singles

1. Boss (Luigi)
2. Candy (Metaknight)
3. Kornn (Metaknight)
4. Chu Dat (Kirby/Metaknight)
5. Meep (Metaknight/Marth)
5. ESOJ (Metaknight)
7. CK (Metaknight)
7. God-Is-My-Rock (Metaknight/Peach)
9. Tantalus (Metaknight)
9. EEvisu (Metaknight)
9. Turbo Gilman (Metaknight/Pikachu)
9. JCaesar (R.O.B.)
13. Sage (Metaknight)
13. Thunderhorse (Falco)
13. Aposl (Poke Trainer)
13. Gonzo (Kirby/Metaknight)

Brawl + Teams

1: boss + chu (mostly luigi + kirby)
2: Candy + Meep (mostly wario + marth)
3: ck + kornn (mostly marth + mk)
4: turbo + Greg (mostly d3 + sheik)
5: Jcaesar + GIMR (mostly Squirtle + Kirby)
5: Aposl + Gonzo (mostly poke trainer + kirby)
7: Thunderhose + Sage (mostly falco + ness)
7: Tantalus + Jose (mostly mk + diddy)

Brawl + Singles

1: Boss (Luigi)
2: Candy (Wario)
3: Chu Dat (Kirby/Ivysaur)
4: Gonzo (Kirby/Zero Suit Samus)
5: CK (Marth/Fox)
5: Meep (Ice Climbers/Marth)
7: Aposl (Pokemon Trainer)
7: Greg (Sheik)
9: Jcaesar (Squirtle)
9: GIMR (Kirby, Falcon, Peach, Falco)
9: ESOJ (Diddy/Metaknight)
9: thunder horse (Falco)
13: Tantalus (Link/Sheik)
13: Sage (Ness/Metaknight)
13: turbo (Dedede/Falcon)

About the brawl singles results: So everyone was pretty bored of regular brawl, and a lot of us decided we should just use metaknight. A few poor souls tried to use other characters, but to no avail, except boss, who *****. Everyone mostly just wanted to play Brawl+, so we were getting past regular brawl as fast as possible.

JCaesar and GIMR saved a lot of brawl+ vids.

Melee was cut out for lack of interest and time.

D

Deleted member

MK must not be that good if he keeps losing to luigi.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I very much forsee metaknight being the future of brawl. It was absolutely painful to deal with brawl singles, and since IC's grab was banned there was pretty much zero reason for character diversity. Even Chu fell victim to it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
****, why couldn't this have happened when I was last in VA???? That woulda been easy money...except for Boss.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
GOOD SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT BOSS!

But wow, alot of people playing MK that I didn't think did. GIMR, Gonzo, ESOJ, EE and CK have MKs?

Chu's been playing MK at tourneyz lately and he did go Marth one match against Snakeee at BTYF. Chu, STAY ALL KIRBY!

It seems as I started to quit MK, Chu (and ALOT of other people) started picking him up. Really, alot of people playing MK that I didn't know had one. I really hope people aren't serious about maining MK and this was only a one time thing. Meta KNIGHT? More like Meta Roach. Really, he's spreading like cockroachez.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
ESOJ has had MK for a while Poyo, he's been using him a lot more lately, and EE has been training his metaknight with me. GIMR and CK surprised me with how good their MK's were, but GIMR tried to use peach first and won his first round match with peach anyways.

Gonzo just used it as a cp because everyone else was. I don't think it was that good though.

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
I agree with ESOJ, EE, and K-9.

Regular Brawl isn't going anywhere and in my opinion, is the better game. And this is coming from someone who played Melee for most of the 8 or 9 years that it was out (just in case people think I'm against Brawl+ b/c of it's "Melee style").

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
EE I don't know how you can say that after what happened yesterday.

I don't even care if Brawl+ gets as big as Brawl. Brawl isn't fun and I will never go back. It was never designed to be a competitive fighting game, and B+ is being catered specifically to US, the competitive community. It's not perfect but that's the beauty of being able to update it. And there will definitely be enough B+ tourneys to keep me satisfied, considering we've been having them just about every week and there a some OOS ones coming up.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
THIS THREAD CONTAINS LOL.

But seriously, I jaw dropped at single's results for Brawl. Then I read the post, then I lol'd.

Speak for yourself

Brawl + won't be as big as you think, only things like Chu bi weeklies around here host them, get a clue bro =P
Speak for yourself.
Things can happen and people can be surprised. Only time will tell about B+'s growth. Once a seed is planted, all it needs is water, fertile soil, and light.

And really, the seed's been planted, and east coast has alot of fertile soil. Tourneys for B+ and Side Events for B+ water the project, and all it really needs is light. :3

Good ****, chu.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
EE I don't know how you can say that after what happened yesterday.

I don't even care if Brawl+ gets as big as Brawl. Brawl isn't fun and I will never go back. It was never designed to be a competitive fighting game, and B+ is being catered specifically to US, the competitive community. It's not perfect but that's the beauty of being able to update it. And there will definitely be enough B+ tourneys to keep me satisfied, considering we've been having them just about every week and there a some OOS ones coming up.
Quoted for truth.

I was going to say something about the Brawl singles results, but then I read the whole post.

Pretty lame anyway :[

I don't see how going all MKs made it "go faster" haha

g-regulate

Smash Hero
if you acknowledge that melee is a better game than brawl, i dont see how you can say brawl is a better game than brawl plus. the only perk to playing regular brawl is to win money, and if you actually want to win, the level of gay is proportionate to the level of skill at any tourney. thats why m2k wins everything, teh_spammerer can place high by not attacking, the matches played by top 10 finishers time out half the time, and MK takes 75% of the top spots in larger tourneys. its just not like that in md/va because we dont really play that gay and we like playing our own characters. thats why we can use lucario/kirby/snake/luigi/etc. and win stuff around here, and thats why when we go OOS we get annihilated, or vice versa. it basically comes down to a choice. do i wanna be the best!!??! silence the naysayers?!?! or do i wanna learn how to get good with MK, run down clock, and not attack? if the ultimate goal is WINNING, than being someone other than MK, and being aggressive, are not your best options.

even if brawl plus doesnt have a tournament scene its still way more fun to play because there are rewards for being offensive, and all characters are balanced. more stages are fair, theres no tripping, much less gayness like CGs and jab locks, there are COMBOS for christ sake, actual combos you can depend on.

Top Bottom