• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow CG List

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
All these cgs are inescapable if done correctly. I recommend just doing the buffering regrabs as the normal grabs and running grabs require really good timing to guarantee a regrab. I'm not sure if they can be done all the time in a real situation, but you can try them if you think you can do them. You will notice that some of these cgs end at a really low percent, but you can finish nearly all of these with a dthrow>bair which adds 17-21% damage. So it's possible to 0-55% Snake if you're amazing.

Dthrow Damage Chart
# of Dthrows - Damage
x1 - 7%
x2 - 13%
x3 - 19%
x4 - 24%
x5 - 29%
x6 - 33%
x7 - 37%
x8 - 40%

CG Finishers
Dthrow (3-6%) to:
-Bair (14%): I think this guaranteed on every character if buffered except on Marth, Wolf, and ZSS.
-Utilt (13%): Works on most characters.
-Ftilt weak (10%): Fastest one and works on everyone.
-Nair (13%): Not sure who this works on, haven't tested it much.
-Grab: On Fox, Wolf, Sheik, and CF you can buffer grab again, but you won't have any guaranteed follow ups after that.

DThrow - Down throw
BGrab - Buffered turn around grab
Grab - Normal turn around grab
RGrab - Running grab

:marth: Marth
0-7%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x1

:sonic: Sonic
0-13%
-(Dthrow>Grab)x1 > (Dthrow>RGrab)x1

:wario: Wario
0-19%
-(DThrow>BGrab)x1 > (DThrow>RGrab)x2

:zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus
0-19%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x1 > (Dthrow>Grab)x1 > (Dthrow>RGrab)x1

:squirtle: Squirtle
0-19%
-(DThrow>BGrab)x1 > (DThrow>Grab)x1 > (DThrow>RGrab)x1

:pikachu2: Pikachu
0-19%
-(DThrow>BGrab)x1 > (Dthrow>Grab)x1 > (Dthrow>RGrab)x1

:falco: Falco
0-24%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x4

:metaknight: Metaknight
0-24%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x4

:fox: Fox
0-24%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x4

:shiek: Sheik
0-24%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x4

:dk2: DK
0-24%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x2 > (Dthrow>Grab)x1 > (Dthrow>RGrab)x1

:ike: Ike
0-33%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x6

:falcon: Captain Falcon
0-33%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x6

:wolf: Wolf
0-33%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x6

:charizard: Charizard
0-33%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x1 > (Dthrow>Grab)x1 > (Dthrow>RGrab)x4

:link2: Link
0-33%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x1 > (Dthrow>Grab)x1 > (Dthrow>RGrab)x4

:dedede: King Dedede
0-37%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x5 > (Dthrow>Grab)x2

:snake: Snake
0-37%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x4 > (Dthrow>RGrab)x3

:bowser2: Bowser
0-37%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x3 > (Dthrow>Grab)x4

:ganondorf: Ganondorf
0-37%
-(Dthrow>BGrab)x2 > (Dthrow>Grab)x3 > (Dthrow>RGrab)x2

hova

Smash Champion
this list seems very inaccurate. i would love to see vids if you have them.

in my experience DK and Dedede can DI up and away after one grab and get out. Falcon and Snake can DI in and footstool. And a lot of those other characters just seem wrong like MK and ZSS

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I think MK can nair out at 18%. Most of this looks good though.

Though I didn't know you could bair?

Also, I think Snake can pull grenades in between the grabs :/ Haven't tested if it's my own timing failure or not though.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
K prime write legit info. He contributed most of the pikachu cg information.

It requires buffered grabs for the grabs to work. Kinda hard at first but once you get it, it is a REAL cg (inescapable).

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Yeah, the data looks pretty accurate.
I'd just be curious to find out if Snake can pull 'nades or not. I usually end them with ftilt, I should try bair.

Xyless

Smash Master
Are you certain about ZSS's CG? I haven't tried it with Peach, but I know she can flip jump out of at least Falco's CG.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Peach has a 7-9 frame advantage on all characters after a dthrow, except Fox which is a 11-13 frame advantage. Peach's buffered grab is 6 frames, so they shouldn't be able to shine or nade out.

Here's some frame info on the cg finishers.
Bair - 11 frames
Utilt - 10 frames
Nair - 8 frames
Ftilt weak - 7 frames

Even though Bair is 11 frames and you usually have a 9 frame advantage at the end, you should still be able to hit them with a bair on most characters.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Metaknight only works 0-10%. he can up b or neutral air after it if buffered.

Peach has a 7-9 frame advantage on all characters after a dthrow, except Fox which is a 11-13 frame advantage. Peach's buffered grab is 6 frames, so they shouldn't be able to shine or nade out.

Here's some frame info on the cg finishers.
Bair - 11 frames
Utilt - 10 frames
Nair - 8 frames
Ftilt weak - 7 frames

Even though Bair is 11 frames and you usually have a 9 frame advantage at the end, you should still be able to hit them with a bair on most characters.
Uh, frame advantage isn't the only thing that matters. Let's say you upsmash someone into the sky and have a 20 frame advantage. It's probably going to take you 3000 frames to get up there. Extreme example, but spacing and frames go together to determine if something can combo.

A lot of this list isn't quite true because there is something called move degeneration and DI. Wolf can shine out at about 30%.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Though I've seen this before in these forums it's very excellent that you went into depth including the character-specific amount of CG's and possible follow-ups/finishes. The last thread I saw about this only stated the possibility of a CG, and that it doesn't work eight times for each character and that a ftilt is a good follow-up. You greatly expounded and did your homework. Kudos.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Metaknight only works 0-10%. he can up b or neutral air after it if buffered.

Uh, frame advantage isn't the only thing that matters. Let's say you upsmash someone into the sky and have a 20 frame advantage. It's probably going to take you 3000 frames to get up there. Extreme example, but spacing and frames go together to determine if something can combo.

A lot of this list isn't quite true because there is something called move degeneration and DI. Wolf can shine out at about 30%.
Yeah, but after a dthrow they don't go anywhere. They are right next to you and they can't even DI away. and if you're not getting MK past 10% then you're not buffering.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
how exactly do you buffer properly without getting ***** by having your shield coming up instead of a grab? O.o

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
^

Yup, I admit, I don't know how to buffer, I hear the concept all the time, but I don't even know how to do it (Or if I do it, then I don't realize it). I just turn around and grab, that's all I need to do with Peach.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
But you do have to turn around and grab. Does that add extra frames?
If you buffer both the turn around and grab then she will do an instant turn around grab. So no, it won't add any extra frames.

Buffering a turn around grab is a bit tricky, but becomes really easy with some practice. Right when you start the dthrow hold back till the last 10 frames (when Peach is getting up). During those last 10 frames let go of back and tap Z once quickly. You have to do it within those last 10 frames. If you release back too early or press Z too late, then it won't work.

nothing.

Smash Rookie
thanks for doing this, i really appreciate it.

for the normal turn around grab for some characters,
do you know how many frames you have before they could get out?
i know you can't buffer them because of either the range and/or it grabs too early.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh, thx. this is a good thread. i usually don't mess w/ cgs much coz of my suckage at buffering. i'll go practice that real quick then.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
thanks for doing this, i really appreciate it.

for the normal turn around grab for some characters,
do you know how many frames you have before they could get out?
i know you can't buffer them because of either the range and/or it grabs too early.
Depends on the character and percent. After the first dthrow, starting from when Peach can first turn around, characters can use their second jump on the 8th frame. After the second and third dthrow they can use their jump on the 9th frame. After the fourth dthrow and on they can use their jump on the 10th frame. On all characters I think you can still grab them on the same frame they jump. Some characters like Link can still be grabbed one frame after they jump and others like Ganondorf can still be grabbed two frames after he jumps.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Would it be possible to jump on them and footstool them?

I've tried doing this but so far it hasn't really worked at all...I can't imagine it would since you'd only have about 2 frames to move and footstool them

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Actually Michael Hay came up with a great way to buffer grabs. You have to hit the grab button like you are short hopping (really quick spurt) and it will be much easier to buffer a grab rather than shield.

Perhaps I wasn't buffering or timing it properly when people were getting out of these =/

nothing.

Smash Rookie
Depends on the character and percent. After the first dthrow, starting from when Peach can first turn around, characters can use their second jump on the 8th frame. After the second and third dthrow they can use their jump on the 9th frame. After the fourth dthrow and on they can use their jump on the 10th frame. On all characters I think you can still grab them on the same frame they jump. Some characters like Link can still be grabbed one frame after they jump and others like Ganondorf can still be grabbed two frames after he jumps.
thanks.
against most of the heavy characters, i guess it shouldn't be that hard.

against pika, squirtle, and zerosuit, i might just finish them off after the buffered grab.
getting the extra 6% for a 2~3 frame input doesn't seem like a good deal to me.
especially when you're going to lose something like 28% worth if you screw it up.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This is cool. I like this.

Now... to learn to buffer...

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
By the way, you can forward throw chaingrab some characters too, at low percents. It's effective against walk off ledges. If you shield cancel the grab you can really get these in. I did it to a Bowser IN A REAL MATCH and KO'd him off the edge of Delfino at 17%. I never discovered if it was gauranteed or not, but it takes everyone by such surprise it always works.

Top Bottom