• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED:Edmonton, AB - YOU.THRee Brawl/Melee Tournament May 8, 2009

Grand Lethal

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Brawl/Melee Tournament hosted by YOU.Three

Brawl/Melee Tournament

Address: 10005 80 Avenue
^- Near Whyte Ave and 99 street
^- Click this link for details: http://www.youthree.net/smash/venue.htm
Date: Friday, May 8, 2009
Time: The start time for Singles and Doubles are still to be announced but we will start friendlies at around 5pm and probably end at around 12am.

Cost:
It will be $10 for building entry and you will receive a coupon for food(There will be hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, cookies, drinks, etc to choose from)
Singles Entry: $10
Doubles Entry (2 Players): $10

Prizes:
First: 60% of pot
Second: 30% of pot
Third: 10% of pot
The more entrants, the bigger the pot, the more to win!! So tell your friends to come play.

Rules
:
For Melee the rules can be found here: http://www.youthree.net/smash/rules.htm
For Brawl: TBA

Additional Notes:
-Bring your own controllers and batteries if needed
-I will also post a link where you can register for singles or doubles. This way we can keep a count of who will be coming.
-If anyone has questions, feel free to ask

-Please be check back frequently to see if I have posted the Registration Link. Be patient, I still have exams and have not had a chance to update the site for Brawl or make a definite Ruleset

HERE IT IS!
Registration Link : http://www.youthree.net/smash/

Also check out our facebook event link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=77846071779

-If anyone is able to bring tube tvs, wiis, gamecubes, or controllers for tournament use, please PM me !!

Confirmation Emails have been sent out
Here is the registration list for singles so far:

--- Brawl ---

DJCru
aish
Wolfman Hansome
Yoshara
LemonLau
Shawn Ford
Roflz
t-block
Frio
Alphicans
Logan
Vitality
Solaris1110
Jared
~Firefly~
KilLock
Fras
DTP
Superboom
ColinJF
Allan
Grand Lethal
Deep
Skrem

--- Melee ---

Vincens
Tyson
Wolfman Hansome
x After Dawn x
LemonLau
halcyon.days
Alphicans
Vitality
Superboom
Solarish1110
Skrem

Thanks,
GL

~Thanks and Enjoy

Grand Lethal

Smash Cadet
The tournaments will not start at 5. Everyone can play for a bit until we know that everyone that confirmed for the tournament has arrived. This will also let people warm up and/or meet everyone.
So you don't really need to be there at 5 o clock sharp.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
I've always found it terribly ironic that solaris is named that although he is the whiteset(color not persona) kid i've ever seen. When he came to the tourny I met him at I thought he was an albino. Am I correct or is he just afraid of the sun?

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
yah i've never used it but i got it before the last tourny. I really need to go on more :(

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I've always found it terribly ironic that solaris is named that although he is the whiteset(color not persona) kid i've ever seen. When he came to the tourny I met him at I thought he was an albino. Am I correct or is he just afraid of the sun?
LOL thats awesome. I think my black shirt kinda made that contrast.

but yea, I AM super allergic to pollen so I tend to stay indoors alot during summer.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
There is one thing I'm wondering; after reading the rules and regulations I noticed that you have Brawl set up for 4 Stock matches, it should be 3 stock. Considering that the game DOES take longer than a melee event.

P.S: you also totally copy pasted the Neutral/Counter stages from Melee, lol.

Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481

Ecks13

Smash Rookie
There is one thing I'm wondering; after reading the rules and regulations I noticed that you have Brawl set up for 4 Stock matches, it should be 3 stock. Considering that the game DOES take longer than a melee event.

P.S: you also totally copy pasted the Neutral/Counter stages from Melee, lol.

Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481
Ah >.< Sorry, was working on it last night which, I think, is when you last saw it. It's all fixed now though. You might want to re-register as well.

Grand Lethal

Smash Cadet
Please Read the RED section in the first post for the REGISTRATION LINK
AND
REGISTER IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY

Yoshara

Smash Lord
If the problem is the possibility of hacks being run I could just remove the SD card, because the codes and the applications needed to run them are all stored on there.

P.S. The only code I have on my SD card is the one that allows custom textures.

Grand Lethal

Smash Cadet
Ok. Well as long as there are no problems with freezing and whatnot then I guess there's no problem.
We'll have to test it out on the day of.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
LOL thats awesome. I think my black shirt kinda made that contrast.

but yea, I AM super allergic to pollen so I tend to stay indoors alot during summer.

Lawls I guess I'm still bitter about last time you beat me(super sudden death bombs of evilness) although it was a good couple of matches. Mabey we'll face again.

PS who do I have to bribe to get a good first round seed. Seriously. I have money. And I dont want to pay face the guy i've been playing for the last year(my brother)

Wolfman Hansome

Smash Cadet
I have an old TV I was going to toss but I can donate it to this tournament. It still works but the connections are loose and it flickers a bit if the TV is jiggled. It will be good for use but I just wanted to throw that out there before hand so I dont get crapped on for ruining anyones match with a bunk TV. I will bring it anyways and if it is not satisfactory we dont have to use it.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Could I request that 3 stages be taken off the counter-pick list for Melee?

Namely Onett, Princess Peach's Castle, and Yoshi's Island.

The first 2 gives Fox infinites and the 3rd one encourages camping (and jiggs is god-tier on it).

Grand Lethal

Smash Cadet
I have an old TV I was going to toss but I can donate it to this tournament. It still works but the connections are loose and it flickers a bit if the TV is jiggled. It will be good for use but I just wanted to throw that out there before hand so I dont get crapped on for ruining anyones match with a bunk TV. I will bring it anyways and if it is not satisfactory we dont have to use it.
Well thanks !! We'll have to test it out then.

Could I request that 3 stages be taken off the counter-pick list for Melee?

Namely Onett, Princess Peach's Castle, and Yoshi's Island.

The first 2 gives Fox infinites and the 3rd one encourages camping (and jiggs is god-tier on it).
We'll have to see about that. We can't just change the rules because of one person. Before the actually tourney, we'll review the ruleset and if a large number of people are against something, then we MAY change it.

Top Bottom